Too many chest pieces...

90 Orc Hunter
Im leveling an alt and i have full heirlooms. I have noticed that the outland quests (instance or otherwise) only pay blue chest pieces. This isnt to say theres not random cloaks and other little things but honestly...why so many chest pieces. 2 regular quest rewards in hellfire pay them. One in zangar and one in terrokar...why do we need to upgrade 4 times in 4 levels. Not too mention that the majority of the players have heirloom chest and wont use them anyways. How about some legs? We could all use a decent leg upgrade about this time, save for the green you get in the first few hellfire quests...
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
08/15/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Okrâx
the majority of the players have heirloom chest

That's a big call.
..and even if the "majority" do have heirlooms, the people who don't, still need gear.

When you get these new chest pieces, do you destroy them?
I'm guessing you don't... I bet you vendor them or DE them.
They're by no means useless. (unless you're gold capped?)

Keep in mind, you're playing through content which was made at a time when BoA gear didn't exist.

If you have a few BoAs, nearly all quest rewards will be useless.
..Outland isn't too bad.. it gets much worse when you hit Northrend.

Quite honestly, we're only in Outland for 10 levels... if you have "full heirlooms", a gimpy item here or there isn't going to matter in the slightest.

My 5c :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
When you get these new chest pieces, do you destroy them?
I'm guessing you don't... I bet you vendor them or DE them.
They're by no means useless. (unless you're gold capped?)

never said they were worthless...all the other points in your thread are also invalid. I am simply pointing out something that i believe has been overlooked and would/could be an easy fix. And some people might want to min/max at this level for pvp or soloing dungeons and what not. Just because im leveling an alt doesnt mean im racing to 85
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
People who are min/maxing for a particular level, often use crafted gear or Outland PvP gear at these levels... the world PvP legs are awesome for their level, as are the legs obtained from dungeon quests.
There really are a LOT of legs available, perhaps you've simply not quested far enough into the chains to get them?

There are (currently available) 116 leg items with an item level of 90-115, compared to 126 chest pieces in the same range.
That's ten more chest pieces (total) than leg pieces.

08/15/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Okrâx
I have noticed that the outland quests (instance or otherwise) only pay blue chest pieces.

There are quests in Nagrand, Netherstorm, Shattrath, Shadowmoon Valley, Blades Edge Mountains all awarding rare/blue legs.

08/15/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Okrâx
all the other points in your thread are also invalid.

Something isn't deemed "invalid" simply because you choose to disagree with someone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]