Druid armor forms...

100 Worgen Druid
Can you please make the armor forms for druids remain on? Instead of a 3min spell. Thank you!

Also, please support this if you agree! Druids have been waiting a long time for an appearance change.
Edited by Nazerous on 8/16/2012 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid
To me it seems that a minor glyph will solve the issue. I would like to be able to have armor while in form :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Disagree. Make a minor glyph for perm armor if you must, but do not make it a baseline change. Thanks.

However, I have a feeling the response would be "then how do we know when the Feral used Incarnation in PVP?"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/16/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Taswind
Disagree. Make a minor glyph for perm armor if you must, but do not make it a baseline change. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
While I think armor on forms would be a nice touch, I am not over excited about it as it is now.
Why you may ask? Yes we druids have been asking for armor on our forms since vanilla, but I would like to see the armor reflect the gear (or transmog) that I am wearing in some degree.

Hold your fire! I am well aware of the amount of work that would take, and that is why I am not holding my breath for it, If anything just recolor the armor already designed to "feel" like it matches what we are wearing in caster.

The armor is a step in the right direction, but it still does not give the "uniqueness" I hope my bear form and kitty to have, I will still look like every other Nelf druid with dark blue hair when we both have the talent activated.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
100% against. Dont say "we" want it. Say you want it. Dont pull me into your dumb ideas. Armor will ruin the class. We are supposed to be one with nature, WILD animals! What the !@#$ kind of wild bear wears armor!?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Let me rephrase. I and others would like. Don't be a child. Be constructive. Lets make it an option. Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I think you're looking at a brutal amount of art department work here when attempting to make sure that every helm, glove, shirt, pants, dress, etc in this game (including mail/plate - dressing room) actually works on 2 4-legged critter models, and doesn't look incredibly silly/demeaning.

All for the cause of satisfying a small portion of the community ... :/

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I think your over-thinking it a bit. They already programmed this in with the incarnation skill. It's already in the game. That's what some of us are asking for an option to toggle it on. Also, I don't know if saying it is only a small group would be accurate.

How can you or I really know the raw numbers of who would like or dislike? Let's not limit the game because some choose not to like an option. Thanks!
Edited by Nazerous on 8/17/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Edit: Meh. To each their own. I personally don't believe you're thinking through this enough, but ultimately it's not up to us what blizzard puts in their game.
Edited by Teranin on 8/17/2012 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
God, I personally hate the armor. I won't be taking Incarnation unless I really really have to just because of how much I hate the model. Armor is not druid-like and nature-y imo. I'd love to have a glyph where Incarnation doesn't make armor magically appear on me. Doubt that will happen though.
Edited by Eielayia on 8/17/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't really like the idea of armored feral forms; it doesn't seem very "feral".* But I see no problem with adding a minor glyph that makes the incarnation appearance the normal one.

Masayume:
I will still look like every other Nelf druid with dark blue hair when we both have the talent activated.

Those are the best-looking night elf feral forms, though. I'm kind of jealous, but I couldn't get used to the dark blue hair color, and I'm mostly in caster form anyway. I really think our fur should match our hair more closely, though.

*On the other hand, looking at the incarnation pictures, those armored bears are kind of adorable. :'(
Reply Quote
08/17/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Masayume
If anything just recolor the armor already designed to "feel" like it matches what we are wearing in caster

While I think your on the right track, I think a better "idea" that would be both easier to do, and give us that uniqueness that people are wanting, would go something like this.

• Normally, the "hair" on bear/cat forms are determined by the hair color of your character. This could change to match the color that covers most of your shoulder / helmet armor (since they tend to have varied colors
  • Second, your "fur" is determined by your race, along with other features that your bear/cat forms would have. The fur could match the color that covers most of your chest, gloves, and leggings.
  • So, for example, I have mostly a Dark Blue and Light Blue set. My "hair" would be a light blue, and my "fur" be a darker blue (which it normally is so I don't mind changing this or not.) And the markings could reflect the color less seen on your armor. Mine is black, so my markings would be black instead of red.
  • Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    08/17/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Eielayia
    God, I personally hate the armor. I won't be taking Incarnation unless I really really have to just because of how much I hate the model

QFT

Second, your "fur" is determined by your race, along with other features that your bear/cat forms would have. The fur could match the color that covers most of your chest, gloves, and leggings.

That would be incredibly funny with the Chameleon glyph, since it randomizes your colors. However, you'd wind up with bigger rainbows than Troll Druids have with this change. (Make it a glyph or not interested... The entire reason I don't play a Troll Druid is that I can't stand to look at their brightness all day... xD)
    Edited by Taswind on 8/18/2012 7:39 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    08/17/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Mawu
    100% against. Dont say "we" want it. Say you want it. Dont pull me into your dumb ideas. Armor will ruin the class. We are supposed to be one with nature, WILD animals! What the !@#$ kind of wild bear wears armor!?
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Armor or no armor? Well I sometimes wonder the downside to my many forms when gathering gear and not seeing the epicness of it reflected in my shapeshifted forms. On the other hand I particularly like the nature aspect of running wild (birthday suit) in shapeshift form. I think a glyph would be the ideal solution. It is already in place for at least the Balance druid folk and would provide the option for costumizing your character.

The current Incarnation seems to give the added effect of a Burning Crusade Tier set.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    08/18/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Theroc
    Well I sometimes wonder the downside to my many forms when gathering gear and not seeing the epicness of it reflected in my shapeshifted forms.

As someone else said (might have been Bebbit? I forget):
    I consider it a perk of playing Feral; not having to look at the often hideous armor sets we're thrown into.

08/18/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Theroc
    The current Incarnation seems to give the added effect of a Burning Crusade Tier set.

? O.o

(I didn't have tier in BC, cause I didn't actually start raiding till LK... What effect did they give you?)
    Edited by Taswind on 8/18/2012 8:00 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I did not start raiding till LK as well but the shapeshifter armor looks like the one from BC that I have a couple of transmog pieces of. Its like all bark (no surprise there) and some purple. PVE Tier 5. Im not saying its the same just reminded me of this particular set

And lol it is true that some of the armor set are best not worn while strolling down the Trade District. Tier 2 and 10 could be a prime example. This is personal opinion don't hate becuase I simply don't like them.

http://www.icy-veins.com/transmogrification-druid-leather-sets-guide-wow
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Celctic:
    While I think your on the right track, I think a better "idea" that would be both easier to do, and give us that uniqueness that people are wanting, would go something like this.

• Normally, the "hair" on bear/cat forms are determined by the hair color of your character. This could change to match the color that covers most of your shoulder / helmet armor (since they tend to have varied colors
  • Second, your "fur" is determined by your race, along with other features that your bear/cat forms would have. The fur could match the color that covers most of your chest, gloves, and leggings.
  • So, for example, I have mostly a Dark Blue and Light Blue set. My "hair" would be a light blue, and my "fur" be a darker blue (which it normally is so I don't mind changing this or not.) And the markings could reflect the color less seen on your armor. Mine is black, so my markings would be black instead of red.

• I'd have a problem with this if it isn't glyph-controlled. It seems unnatural to have our fur colors controlled by our armor color; fur should match our hair. As it stands my bear and cat are purple instead of blue-green, which bothers me.
    Edited by Chikilichtli on 8/18/2012 11:24 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    08/18/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Chikilichtli
    I'd have a problem with this if it isn't glyph-controlled

Sorry if I was unclear, this was my main point, is for the glyph to add armor to our characters would start out as this, instead of a massive overhaul. I should have been more clear.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]