Raid Frame Profiles

85 Gnome Mage
Hi again!

I am having the hardest of times locating some information in the API.

What I want to do is fiddle around with the default raid frames in my addon.

I have figured out that
The box on the left is the CompactRaidFrameManager
and the frames themselves are the CompactRaidFrameContainer

what I want to know is how does one access the Raid Profiles so that on a certain event I can change the current profile.

Also if you do know can you kindly tell me where you found the information I am currently using wowwiki and wowprogramming.com

thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
CompactUnitFrameProfiles_ActivateRaidProfile("Profile name") can switch profiles.

I haven't done any testing other to confirm an addon can actually call this but this seems certain to taint the holy crap out of the default raid frames. They aren't really meant to be modded beyond attaching unsecure stuff or setting attributes for click casting.

An interesting thing is attempting this in combat will change some settings but gives the "Interface action failed because of an AddOn" error. I didn't bother to test much. In previous experience even trying to toggle one option was blocked by an addon.

It's "documented" in the default UI's code. Specifically Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_CUFProfiles\Blizzard_CompactUnitFrameProfiles.lua line 155. If you haven't yet, to extract the default UI code:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Viewing_Blizzard%27s_interface_code
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
CompactUnitFrameProfiles_ActivateRaidProfile("Profile name") can switch profiles.

I haven't done any testing other to confirm an addon can actually call this but this seems certain to taint the holy crap out of the default raid frames. They aren't really meant to be modded beyond attaching unsecure stuff or setting attributes for click casting.

An interesting thing is attempting this in combat will change some settings but gives the "Interface action failed because of an AddOn" error. I didn't bother to test much. In previous experience even trying to toggle one option was blocked by an addon.

It's "documented" in the default UI's code. Specifically Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_CUFProfiles\Blizzard_CompactUnitFrameProfiles.lua line 155. If you haven't yet, to extract the default UI code:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Viewing_Blizzard%27s_interface_code

You my friend are my hero. I thank you more than you can imagine for this information!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]