Restoring guild reputation

64 Human Rogue
If a player is expelled from a guild because of a dispute among the members and is later reinstated as a member, is her guild reputation automatically restored? If not, how can it be restored?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
As far as I know (we don't joke-kick to test it anymore), it gets restored automatically.

If the player joined another guild in the middle, it won't get restored, and it *might* have a time limit on it. If it doesn't get automatically restored, I seriously doubt a GM will help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/21/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Edariane
If a player is expelled from a guild because of a dispute among the members and is later reinstated as a member, is her guild reputation automatically restored? If not, how can it be restored?

As long as she didn't join another guild, her reputation will be intact upon rejoining the same guild...there IS a time limit on this but I can't seem to find it. I'd guess somewhere around 30 days?

If her reputation is not restored, it's gone. No one can restore it for her.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

That's not entirely true.

At the beginning of Cataclysm, one of my officers left to transfer guild leadership for his friend's bank guild and had completely forgotten he was already exalted. He ticketed it and a GM restored his exalted rep with my guild. I HIGHLY doubt they make a habit out of this, and it was just the beginning of the expansion, but he was lucky to get a cool GM.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/22/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Solaeris

That's not entirely true.

At the beginning of Cataclysm, one of my officers left to transfer guild leadership for his friend's bank guild and had completely forgotten he was already exalted. He ticketed it and a GM restored his exalted rep with my guild. I HIGHLY doubt they make a habit out of this, and it was just the beginning of the expansion, but he was lucky to get a cool GM.

Just going by this blue post:

Many players ask us what will happen to their Guild reputation if they leave their Guild or stop playing for long periods of time. Well if you simply stop playing, your reputation will basically be the same, it does not decrease during periods of inactivity. However, if you leave the Guild, the reputation level will be wiped 30 days later. If you rejoin the same Guild within that 30 day period, everything will be restored as it was before you left. But, if you join a different Guild during that 30 days, or you transfer the character to another account, your previous reputation level will be lost completely. Forever. And Customer Support will not be able to recover this for you. Think very carefully before leaving your Guild!

Post is located here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2350975192#6
Edited by Asterae on 8/22/2012 4:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]