Order of all Warcraft and wow books

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know this has been asked a million times.
but can anyone show me a list of what to buy in order. books,manga. how ever i can read the lore in order because im super interested in getting background to the game :)
thanks!

(chronological order) so the story flows and follows
Edited by Halena on 8/19/2012 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Was there a novel for the release of TBC expac like they have done with WotLK, Cata & now MoP ?
Edited by Oshez on 8/20/2012 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Question for those who have read all or most of these. In what order did you read them and would you suggest others do something different than you?

I haven't read any of the books but want to start.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Rufyn posted a nice chronology...Here's another one from Anne Stickney over at WoW Insider.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/04/wow-insiders-chronological-guide-to-warcraft-novels-manga-com/
Edited by Braellyn on 12/3/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Plin - I'd use the WoW Insider chronology...but I would start with Rise of the Horde, and then read the Flashback novels a bit later in the timeline when they actually occur, so that the "flashback sequences" are actually flashbacks. In other words, The War of the Ancients trilogy makes a ton more sense after being introduced to some of the main characters in the novel Day of the Dragon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I am in the middle of one of the older Diablo books. Once I finish that I will start on these.

The flashback novels are these?

The War of the Ancients Trilogy
Curse of the Worgen
The War of the Shifting Sands

Because in the timeline these are listed first, I assume they are. You recommended to start with Rise of the Horde and then these later as they are listed at Wow insider?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I just finished Arthas : Rise of the Litch King, now reading Death Knight Comic. I was trying to get the next two books in line. I read mostly bad review comments about Cycle of Hatred, any thoughts on the same
Reply Quote
66 Draenei Shaman
Question for those who have read all or most of these. In what order did you read them and would you suggest others do something different than you?

Thanks

I have read the entire War of the Ancients trilogy (I bought both the trilogy and individual books) and Rise of the Horde countless of times (this includes the Sunwell Trilogy). I'm impressed.

Here's my collection so far (in no apparent order): NOTE I have yet to read some of the ones I have. Those that I'm working on are marked with an asterisk.

the War of the Ancients trilogy -100% read, and a jolly good time spent reading.
the Sunwell trilogy (missing the Last book)
Day of the Dragon - 100% read
Rise of the Horde - 100% read
Night of the Dragon
Stormrage
Arthas: rise of the Lich King
Beyond the Dark Portal*
the Shatering
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]