Best Professions for Protection

29 Worgen Warrior
Hello fellow Warriors!

I was just wondering what was the best professions for a protection warrior? Thanks girls/guys!
Reply Quote
29 Worgen Warrior
Thank you! God bless you! Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ehhh, im a fan of JC+Enchanting

JC gives JC-only gems that are easy to get and are exceptionally good.
Enchanting well.. you get ring enchants.

Those two professions have proven time and time again to be the best gold-makers.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
Assuming tanks will be stacking mastery like they did last expansion than Blacksmithing will be the best by far (2 extra mastery gems, or any other stat if tanks start stacking something else).

JC seems good as well, but JC got screwed over in dragon soul since their JC-only gems were not upgraded (that could happen in Mists as well).

Enchanting/inscription/leatherworking/alchemy give stamina (or strength) boosts.

Engineering gives you a strength proc. (Tailoring probably as well, but I haven't seen them).

So depending on how everything is mathed out (mastery vs stamina vs strength) you'll probably want Blacksmith + JC
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I went with mining for the stam...and erm skinning >.>'
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
BS + JC is a common/sexy combo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
As Gaoldroukhan said, JC is arguably the worst profession right now. In my opinion, blacksmithing is the best, and engineering is the most useful second.

It is also of my opinion that blacksmithing mining is A-OK, because stam isn't that bad. Plus it's nice when you want to actually make something, and don't want to buy it (or can't because it's khorium and that's never on the AH ;_;).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
08/22/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Kaptin
BS + JC is a common/sexy combo.

That's what I have, but the downside is you need to have a max level alt to farm or else get a guildie/hire someone from trade to get your ore. The Spirit of Harmony thing in MoP kind of helps with that though since you can just go mob grinding and use it to buy ore to finance BS/JC.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I went Mining + BS, mostly because I was too lazy to go for BS+JC, but from what I'm reading about MoP, it sounds like the Stamina bonus from Mining is going to scale better, so it seems I might have the right professions for tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
08/22/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Gaoldroukhan
go to maxdps.com

Never do this.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warrior
engineering gives u them gloves that boost armor 1200 for 10 seconds or something.. and prolly and of course BS
Reply Quote
For the average player I'd say mining + jewel crafting or (blacksmith/enchanting).

Why ?

Mining give you 50stam wich = JC or BS or Enchanting stats if you went full stam on the bonus. yes we might not go full stam on everything in MoP but you won't have to buy your material from the auction house everytimes a new Xpack is released in order to train your skills (massive gold dumping).

JC is nice because the4 JC daily give easy money while Bs and enchanting requier raid drop aptern in order to makie profit.

JC/BS/enchanting give the same stats.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blacksmithing is something you can't really go wrong with. Like Hooves said, given the increased stat budget on gems for secondary stats, you will have much more flexibility than you would with any other profession.

Leatherworking has the highest stamina bonus out of all of the professions by a huge degree.

If you're a tank and nothing else, I would go leatherworking and blacksmithing. If you go Fury for any reason, I'm tempted to say BS/JC because of Fury gemming for crit in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Right now im at a toss up between enchant and engineering on my warrior i have jc and mining on this toon FTW :P no one has ever told me im quishy umm oh yeah warrior i was wondering if the doge ie engineering was worth the extra revenge procs or should i go enchanting for my rings
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]