100 Night Elf Hunter
The Mutations
Manos:The Hands of fate
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/17/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Angelßøw

That was a classic though :(

Anyway. The only time I walked out of a movie theater early into a movie was Gamer. Just....just no. Wasn't as cool as I thought it'd be. And it ruined waffles for me. And some of Bloodhound Gang.

Devils Rejects: House of 1000 Corpses was better since it wasn't completely serious

Donnie Darko: Pretentious crap made so goth kids can tell their friends what the movie means rather then let the viewer think. ( Sorry that's a personal thing that happened to me )

The 2nd and 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movies: The first one was funny and charming. The others were too fat with plot.

Can't think of any others at the moment.
Reply Quote
Starship Troopers 2..... So bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Dark Harvest 2.

It's... it's not even worth it to watch it online.

The only reason I watched it all the way through was a friend rented a bunch of cheap flicks & I felt I had to make it through as a challenge.

/shudder
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'll go with movies that are acceptable by critics since there are plenty of god-awful movies I could complain about.

Dumbo - There's so much in that movie that makes me feel uncomfortable even if it's a kids movie. Elephants on parade scared the crap out of me and it still makes me feel uneasy. Racist parts like "Happy Hardy Roustabouts" and the crows didn't suit me well either. And to top it off, the thought of having your own mother imprisoned after being cruelly tormented within the confines of a circus made me depressed. I end up feeling creeped-out, offended, and depressed. It is a well-made movie but I didn't enjoy it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Aside from stating the obvious horrible movies (Nutty Professor 4 and whatnot), here's a few movies that I really dislike, but others seem to love.

The Matrix. Yeah, the special effects were cool. But growing up in the 80's, Keanu Reeves is and always will be Ted to me, and I just couldn't get past that. He is not a very good actor and is much more suited to roles like Ted Theodore Logan than hes is to one like Neo. On top of that, the story was pretty convoluted. Don't get me wrong, I like a movie that is difficult to understand; Memento is probably in my top five favorite movies. I dunno... I tried watching Matrix like three times and just didn't dig it.

Blair Witch/Paranormal Activity/Most "Found Footage" horror films. OMG... it's.... it's.... a stick figure hanging from a tree. Oh noes, what will we do! Paranormal Activity? Really? Aside from the age old ".......................BOO!" type startles, I just don't find any of these movies scary. So what if you hear doors slamming from the other room? Lame! On the other hand, when "found footage" is done right, like in Cloverfield or Chronicle, you can end up with a great movie.

Twilight - ....'nuff said.

REMAKES - Look. There's nothing wrong with old movies, folks. If you want to see Total Recall, see Total Recall. It came out in 1990 and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger. So what if the special effects weren't as good. It's from 1990, what do you want? Red Dawn? Really? It's just too easy for Hollywood. What's next? Back to the Future? Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Younger readers of this thread might not care right now. But when 2035 rolls around, and they start making the Twilight remakes and the nineteenth iteration of the Avengers, you all will feel just like I do now.
Edited by Breakbeat on 8/18/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
Don't Go In the House
Cry Baby
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
08/18/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Breakbeat
REMAKES - Look. There's nothing wrong with old movies, folks. If you want to see Total Recall, see Total Recall. It came out in 1990 and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger. So what if the special effects weren't as good. It's from 1990, what do you want? Red Dawn? Really? It's just too easy for Hollywood. What's next? Back to the Future? Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Younger readers of this thread might not care right now. But when 2035 rolls around, and they start making the Twilight remakes and the nineteenth iteration of the Avengers, you all will feel just like I do now.

The only remake I actually like was the remake of Karate Kid.

The original was stupid, imo, and yes I saw it first. The kid wants to learn karate to beat up some bullies so he can get... a girl? wha? Ok sure, w/e.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Ignoring the obviously bad movies...

I'd have to give Bourne Supremacy (or w/e the 2nd one was) a nod. Is the only movie I ever walked out of. The shaky cam was just way over done and I couldn't tolerate sitting through it. I hated that cam so much that I didn't even bother checking out the 3rd one.

Also have to mention Titanic. Not because I hate it, but because I'm probably one of the few remaining people that still have not seen that movie. I'm heavily tempted though. Rifftrax did a riff...track for the movie and I love me some Rifftrax. If you don't know what Rifftrax is, then it's basically Mystery Science Theater 3000 and includes Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy (voice of Tom Servo) and Bill Corbet (voice of Crow T. Robot) "riffing" (aka, heckling) the movie in a, usually, humorous manner. Some jokes fall short, others are brilliant.

*Note: I know Corbet and Murphy weren't the only voices of Tom and Crow.
Edited by Vandella on 8/19/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
Star Wars Episode 3. I found it very cheesy.

"Anakin...you're breaking my heart" (Padme Amidala on Mustafar)

Then it was very heavy on action. Every 5 minutes, someone's shooting it up in space or swinging a lightsaber around

If it was set in 2011, i'd call it "Call of duty: The Movie"
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

The original was stupid, imo, and yes I saw it first. The kid wants to learn karate to beat up some bullies so he can get... a girl? wha? Ok sure, w/e.

OK, fair enough. I liked it, you didn't. My point is that it should be left as it is. The idea has been done, so leave it alone. If you're going to update it in some way, fine. But, the plot of the remake is the same as the first. Kid moves with family to distant location, doesn't know anyone there, likes a girl, gets trained in martial arts, has a "sensei", and there's a "final" fight where he wins. Yeah?
Reply Quote
The live-action PopEye movie, starring robin williams.

probably the worst movie he ever did
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
08/17/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Donnie Darko: Pretentious crap made so goth kids can tell their friends what the movie means rather then let the viewer think. ( Sorry that's a personal thing that happened to me )

Don't confuse the actual film with the culture that embraced it. Love it or hate it, you have to admit that the film itself is a unique take on that whole Twilight Zone/David Lynch style.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Felt the need to talk about this right here.

It's not the Karate Kid. It just isn't. Why? Let's look at it for a moment.

The original Karate Kid had Daniel-San get taught martial arts from Mr. Miyagi, a Japanese man. The Japanese form of martial arts is most commonly known as Karate.

The new "Karate Kid" stars Will Smith's kid, in China, getting taught martial arts from Jackie Chan's character, who is, obviously, Chinese. The Chinese form of martial arts is most commonly known as Kung Fu.

Ergo, the movie should have NEVER been called "The Karate Kid" but instead called "The Kung Fu Kid."

I rest my case. And, yes, I do realize that this is kinda silly too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Battefield Earth. And no its not a battlefield game.

Twilight.

The Big Miracle. It has very cliche moments and plot. And I hated the fact it putted humans in negative light.

Furry Vengence. Like big miracle, its too cheesy and too hippie based.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Donnie Darko. The way Rosenivy explained it says it best.

I hate that movie with a burning passion and sick of it being crammed down my throat by other "like minded people." I'm sorry you enjoyed that piece of !@#$ movie, stop trying to tell me what you think it's about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/20/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Armina
Ha. I'm glad I don't hang around a bunch of emos that tainted the movie for me. I enjoyed it and didn't think it was a bad movie.

if i wanted good gothic culture clic movies I'd just go see Rocky Horror Picture Show or Repo the Genetic Opera -_-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]