[A] <Nexus> Returning For MoP | (12 hr/week)

50 Human Paladin
I just wanted to come here and comment as a potential recruit you posted on.....your post is seriously a turn off....most guilds raid 12-14 hours a week now a days, and have much faster progression than you do....dont mention it as settign you apart because it doesnt.

Secondly you talk about competitive kills, which makes your regular modes kills misleading....to me after reading your post it said to me your rag, shannox, and baelroc kills were heroic.

i figured I owed it to your recruiter to offer my feedback on what is being posted, take out that the 12 hours makes you different, its the normal now. Take out the regular mode kills when you talk about competitive kills because its misleading.

GL
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
You are 110% right. 12 hours a week is normal "now a days" in an era where DS has been out for 10 months.

Where your criticism runs into trouble is that it won't be for competitive guilds once a new tier is released. This is how it works every. single. tier. When new raid content is released many guilds devote as much time as possible to clearing the tier quickly... raiding 20-30 hours a week (top 50 world guilds may raid much more than that).

I'm not sure where you are coming up with the "much faster progression" part. While we were raiding we kept pace with guilds that raided in some cases far more than we did.

I hope more guilds choose the strict 12 hours or less raid format even during new content. We have found it very enjoyable and it will be nice to compete on more of an even playing field.
Edited by Marius on 9/10/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
The truth:

1) Nexus was only 3/7 Heroic Firelands 25-man, NOT 6/7 Heroic 25-man. They are, however, 6/7 Heroic in 10-man.

2) Nexus isn't the only guild that raids 12 hrs/week. And certainly there's no guild that raids twice more than they do in Frostmane. WTH - 24 hrs per week? Some guilds raid less than 6 hours per week and did better than them in Firelands Heroic progression.

3) Their multiple alliance first kills are TWO NORMAL, I say, TWO NORMAL Shannox and Baleroc. Who brags about normal kills these days? Apparently Nexus does. And they say they kept pace with the other guilds - like what a month behind on heroic kills and only 3/7 Heroic kills in 25-man?

4) They downrate guilds who have cleared 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul with the nerfs and then turn around and add their 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul 10 clear with the 35% nerf in their recruitment post.

Please do not mislead people. You guys say you are looking for mature players and yet you guys are not being mature by fooling other players with overly bloated pve "resume".
Edited by Kumbaya on 9/10/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Either way, good luck and have fun in MoP.

/bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The truth:

1) Nexus was only 3/7 Heroic Firelands 25-man, NOT 6/7 Heroic 25-man. They are, however, 6/7 Heroic in 10-man.

2) Nexus isn't the only guild that raids 12 hrs/week. And certainly there's no guild that raids twice more than they do in Frostmane. WTH - 24 hrs per week? Some guilds raid less than 6 hours per week and did better than them in Firelands Heroic progression.

3) Their multiple alliance first kills are TWO NORMAL, I say, TWO NORMAL Shannox and Baleroc. Who brags about normal kills these days? Apparently Nexus does. And they say they kept pace with the other guilds - like what a month behind on heroic kills and only 3/7 Heroic kills in 25-man?

4) They downrate guilds who have cleared 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul with the nerfs and then turn around and add their 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul 10 clear with the 35% nerf in their recruitment post.

Please do not mislead people. You guys say you are looking for mature players and yet you guys are not being mature by fooling other players with overly bloated pve "resume".

YOU WIN

/gdisband
/tears

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY
Edited by Marius on 9/10/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
:) It's a mad, mad world of warcraft.

/bump
Reply Quote
50 Human Paladin
Not really....using top 50 guilds for an example is a poor one because within a month or two they are raiding one night a week.

However feel free to continue to think what you will, I am just trying to assist you in your recruitment since you took the time to post on my thread.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Not really....using top 50 guilds for an example is a poor one because within a month or two they are raiding one night a week.

However feel free to continue to think what you will, I am just trying to assist you in your recruitment since you took the time to post on my thread.

No it's not. Follow me down the path of logic!

I brought up top 50 guilds just to demonstrate the wide array of schedules raid guilds can have. Let's look at something more comparable...

A guild raids 12 hours a week.

A guild raids 20 hours a week.

The guilds are always within 1-2 bosses of each other. Eventually when the limit of content is reached the guild that raids 20 hours a week cuts it's hours down to 12.

Do you understand what I'm getting at?
Edited by Marius on 9/10/2012 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I just wanted to come here and comment as a potential recruit you posted on.....your post is seriously a turn off....most guilds raid 12-14 hours a week now a days, and have much faster progression than you do....dont mention it as settign you apart because it doesnt.

Secondly you talk about competitive kills, which makes your regular modes kills misleading....to me after reading your post it said to me your rag, shannox, and baelroc kills were heroic.

i figured I owed it to your recruiter to offer my feedback on what is being posted, take out that the 12 hours makes you different, its the normal now. Take out the regular mode kills when you talk about competitive kills because its misleading.

GL

Did you read the entire post? The title states Returning for MoP which kind of implies we haven't been raiding in a while (hard I know..). Due to this we felt like it would be a good idea to list out what our past raiding exploits were and what the things we did to stay competitive during that time were. We didn't raid DS while it was current so it's not really what this post is about and shouldn't really be a measuring stick of any sort.

Please elaborate on the "much faster progression" front, honestly I want to hear it.

So are you saying that killing normal bosses isn't part of staying competitive? Last I checked you have to kill the bosses on normal before you can do heroic.

Like Mar said above I can guarantee you that when MoP hits the "norm" will not be 12 hours I can also guarantee that when DS was current it wasn't either.

So do you base all your assumptions of guild's times, policies, progression, etc., etc. on content that hasn't been current in 9 months? Just curious. If guilds did it the way you are implying we should they would ALL say....***2Hr a week raid guild 8/8h DS is recruiting for MoP!!!***
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It's good to know that some people aren't mindless drones!! I'm glad you got out Oni!! BZZTTS BEEP BEDOOP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
09/10/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Smiegz
***2Hr a week raid guild 8/8h DS is recruiting for MoP!!!***

Brb updating post.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Not to mention the credibility issues with posting on your lvl 1 toon because you got forum banned (obviously for being such an upstanding person).
Edited by Smiegz on 9/10/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Recruitment Wish List
Feral Druid
Balance Druid
Hunter
Rogue
Discipline & Holy Priest
Restoration Shaman
Holy Paladin

We are looking to add 2-3 raiders made up of the mix of these classes. Please note that if you would like to play a class that is not included in the list that we still encourage you to apply.

Visit wearenex.us for more info.
Edited by Oak on 9/15/2012 3:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Bump for awesomeness
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Recruitment Wish List
Feral Druid
Balance Druid
Hunter
Rogue
Discipline & Holy Priest
Restoration Shaman
Holy Paladin

We are looking to add 2-3 raiders made up of the mix of these classes. Please note that if you would like to play a class that is not included in the list that we still encourage you to apply.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Arise.

Recruitment Wish List
Feral Druid
Balance Druid
Hunter
Rogue
Discipline & Holy Priest
Restoration Shaman
Holy Paladin

Edited by Oak on 9/18/2012 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ryder-Obama2012 #1
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Recruitment Wish List
Feral Druid
Balance Druid
Hunter
Rogue
Discipline & Holy Priest
Restoration Shaman
Holy Paladin

Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Still looking for exceptional players in all classes, specs, and roles! Visit www.wearenex.us for more information.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Still looking for 1-2 more players, specifically non-druid healers. Inquire at wearenex.us
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]