[A]<Against All Odds> - PvP Guild Recruiting

90 Night Elf Priest
With MoP on the horizon we at AAO have decided to open our doors for a limited time to PvPers looking for a home in the new expansion. We’ve adopted a closed recruitment policy and enjoy it very much, so this will be a temporary opening, and those who wish to join us will be held to requirements separate of our current membership for a time.

WHAT ARE WE?

Against All Odds is a PvP guild full of people who love to PvP, all of varying experiences and preferences. World PvP, Arenas, Rated Battlegrounds, and everything in between. We have a nonsensical enjoyment of this somewhat broken aspect of the game. We just can’t stop ourselves from PvPing.

That said, our main focus is PvP. We are not an RP guild, though we are RP-friendly and many of us do RP. We may host or take part in RP-PvP or RP events on the realm from time to time; the guild itself has no theme however. We cannot guarantee PvE content in the form of raiding to everyone.

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

With this temporary recruitment drive we are looking for players with level 85 characters who are interested in improving their PvP gameplay and pursuing rated gameplay.

Your prior experience is not important, where you wish to go with your gameplay is. We want people excited to jump into world PvP, even if it is a handful of us against a legion! We want people who will jump at the opportunity to take part in a Rated BGs when there’s an opening. People who are willing to communicate, take direction, and work on the things they need to in order to improve their usefulness to a team. People who understand that PvP is not a one-man sport; that it takes us all working together to accomplish a goal.

WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?

AAO has been around for a while now. We’re a level 25 guild with all the perks one entails. We’ve got guild repairs and a bank and all the other superficial stuff that comes with one. More importantly we have a group of fun people who enjoy the heck out of PvP and are willing to help others out when it comes to learning the ropes.

In MoP you’ll find us running PvP seminars again to learn a bit more about PvP and test your strength against others in War Games. You’ll be part of a group of people that will no doubt be running random BG groups like crazy to gear up. And you’ll be a part of a pool of individuals who enjoy rated PvP.

You’ll find we have a no-nonsense attitude to drama. Having been around a while, we’ve handled our fair share and are pretty much sick of it. Be respectful of others in the guild and the community and we won’t have any problems. Cause trouble and expect to be kicked.

Expect to have to earn our trust and your rank. As an outsider coming in you’ll only be allowed one character to start. Your 85. You will not be able to vouch for friends to join until you reach a normal rank. You’ll start off as a Soldier, and after approximately 3-4 weeks of active play you’ll be reviewed for promotion.

Once promoted you will be an official member with all of the privileges that come with it: bringing in alts, bringing in friends and family of any level, etc.

HOW TO JOIN US?

You can join by applying to our website: http://aao.shivtr.com/
Read over our rules, fill out an app, and one of us will hit you up.

GUILD CONTACTS?

You can contact AAO leadership in game through these characters:

• Thanë (Guild Master)
  • Anyaka (Co-GM)
  • Garlando (Co-GM)
  • Moonsword (Co-GM)
  • Evielar aka "Ver" (Co-GM)
  • All of these individuals have various alts, so you may want to poke someone to ask if they’re on one, or be redirected to one.

With having turned down so many people who had wished to join AAO but did not fit into our closed recruitment over the past few months, we hope to offer some of these people the chance to join now. This recruitment drive will only last until the 31st of October, after which we will close our doors again for the unforeseeable future.

Honor and Glory to the Alliance!

Thanë, Guild Master
    Edited by Thanë on 8/19/2012 11:58 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Bump for some fine folks!
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    B u m p!

For a bunch of great folks who know their classes and enjoy the heck out of PvP. Ran with a few of you in random bgs and every one we do, we always win. Keep up the great work and looking forward to working and supporting all of you in your future endeavors!

PS. Tell Jiaolong he's a nub.

Love,
    Lin
    Reply Quote
    100 Tauren Druid
    How do you guys feel about people with both Horde and Alliance characters? I know that I, myself, have killed some of yours in the past, and, in turned, been killed by you.
    But with the way druids are looking in MoP, this character is probably going to be switched over to PvE shenanigans. I absolutely hate being a boomkin, and despise Resto PvP healing ever since Cata was released.
    I'd really like to start doing PvP on my (Alliance!) hunter.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    This is a dumb question but is this Alliance side only? I see that AAO is alliance, but do you guys have a horde side sector as well?
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Paladin
    How do you guys feel about people with both Horde and Alliance characters? I know that I, myself, have killed some of yours in the past, and, in turned, been killed by you.
    But with the way druids are looking in MoP, this character is probably going to be switched over to PvE shenanigans. I absolutely hate being a boomkin, and despise Resto PvP healing ever since Cata was released.
    I'd really like to start doing PvP on my (Alliance!) hunter.

It's fine if you have Horde toons. Allot of us have Horde toons.

08/19/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Celedrin
    This is a dumb question but is this Alliance side only? I see that AAO is alliance, but do you guys have a horde side sector as well?

No we don't have a Horde sector. But I can refer you to some great guilds like the Hush or Bloodsworn Vangaurd and even NoR. They're Horde guilds and great bunch of folks. I don't know what their recruitment policy is though.
    Edited by Moonsword on 8/19/2012 8:14 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Paladin
    Bump
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Priest
    Thanks so much for the kind words and bumps! I sent out in-game mail to the people who submitted apps last night. We'll be checking in on those every couple days.

With the season ending in a week, we'll hopefully start up some world PvP to keep people busy until MoP and get to know the newbies that come in.
    Reply Quote
    85 Pandaren Hunter
    Does that mean I am going to die a lot in MoP? D:
    *Halp halp*
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    Bump for the awesome guild I'm happy to be a part of. They make PvP'ing fun and stress-free. If you are after a group of smart players who know their classes like the back of their hand, this is the place for you.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Death Knight
    yiff yiff
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Priest
    Awwww yeah.
    Reply Quote
    97 Draenei Paladin
    Jah bump it
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Warrior
    Thane, I get so excited when I see you in TB. Like.... REALLY !@#$ING EXCITED. More than I should. But seeing AAO always makes me smile. The Rival conflict between AAO and NOR was what brought me to WRA in the first place. It's good to see recruitment back in the air!

Hope to slaughter your people soon in Pandaria!
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Warrior
    I like this here thread. Also, have a moo bump.
    Reply Quote
    92 Tauren Druid
    08/20/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Ashforde
    They make PvP'ing fun and stress-free. If you are after a group of smart players who know their classes like the back of their hand, this is the place for you.

I wasn't in the guild long, since I wasn't Alliance long, but AAO was a bunch of fun. Great people. It was fun RP walking that WSG.

08/20/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Gokblocked
    Thane, I get so excited when I see you in TB. Like.... REALLY !@#$ING EXCITED. More than I should.

Oh, look! It's Thane! :D <3

Oh... Oh, God. It's Thane! D:

Vent: http://i.imgur.com/Bl72x.png
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Warrior
    Belevow.... Exactly
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Oh, look! It's Thane! :D <3

Oh... Oh, God. It's Thane! D:

This this this.
    Edited by Tavook on 8/20/2012 3:37 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    PvP is the Devil.
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Priest
    This thread is lacking Stripper Gnomes who still have playtime but quit wow.

AAO is without a doubt one of the best guilds on this server, Thane puts so much effort into this guild and cares for her guildmates. Despite the drama being a pvp guild on a RP server AAO is a guild that both supports and wants a good RP community. The Assistant GMs are great people (minus Versucks) and the vets of the guild are awesome as well.

Just don't do less damage than fricking magma totem and you will be a great addition to this awesome guild.

With all the love and Rage a Stripper Gnome can muster,
    Siberos/Gelben

Btw Ephie, Alcaeos, and Prier give their stamp of approval to AAO
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]