This is an RP-PVP server. Stand up.

Blizzard GMs do not go looking for RP violations. They address these issues entirely in response to player requests which means that going "Out of character" or not participating in role-play cannot be deemed as against any of Blizzard's policies or Term of Service or Uses. It is up to the community on each RP server to establish the degree of policy enforcement they wish to see. Lack of community enforcement is often why more serious players do not play on RP servers. Whereas one server's community may take a very strict approach to naming, another may be relatively lax. Rather than Blizzard GMs deciding how far to take it, it's up to the players themselves to "set the barometer" and determine what is acceptable or not. The GMs can then compare the infraction to the policy as worded, and apply disciplinary measures as required.

Thus, it is up to players on RP servers to proactively support the enforcement of the official RP server policies by reporting infractions to GMs.

Its all in the OP. Again you can choose to support it or not no need to bicker about it either way.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
08/22/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Varaelian
How does promoting change and following the rules imply disrespect?

Because what did they do to you to deserve you being a tattle and running to a GM like a child?

Fixed, because that phrasing was killing me. Old farts like me suffer from that sort of thing, so indulge me.

The TOS says no action will take place without interaction and comunication from the community. Like it or not that requires 'tattling'. Whining, reporting, being a poor sport or raging nerd, whichever term you like, it is still the only way to make progress. I give zero shakes how you feel about it. That's the only way provided by Blizz to affect change so it is what must be done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/22/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Papilon
Blizzard GMs do not go looking for RP violations. They address these issues entirely in response to player requests which means that going "Out of character" or not participating in role-play cannot be deemed as against any of Blizzard's policies or Term of Service or Uses. It is up to the community on each RP server to establish the degree of policy enforcement they wish to see

Please reread this.

<3 Thank you Api. Sorry. It's been a long day.
Edited by Varaelian on 8/22/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am a part of the community seeking others of like mind within the community to stand up. Again if this call to action is not something that interests you i respect that and leave you to participate or not as you like.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
lol report back and let me know how you "standing up" works out for me and the rest of the community you intend on saving.
Reply Quote
Again i am not telling you or forcing you to do anything just asking like minded individuals to stand up. If it is not something you are interested in by all means pay this thread no more thought.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/22/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Papilon
I am a part of the community seeking others of like mind within the community to stand up. Again if this call to action is not something that interests you i respect that and leave you to participate or not as you like.

I really don't have strong feelings either way in this regard. While I probably won't be spam-reporting folks in the near future, I wish you luck in cleaning the server up and making it a bit more RP-friendly. I hope it works out for you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/22/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Boóts
Again read the Original Post its not just about names but its a good a place as any to start. I'm asking nothing more than to adhere to the rules and try to make things even better.

I read the post, and aside from previous sated obviously troll names (of highly offensive), what gives You or anyone else the right to interpret the way the player is using their name? .

08/22/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Allaren
Instead of hitting the report button, or whining that people arent RPers, why not give them a chance and lead by example? Not all non rpers come here to grief, and its better to try to include rather than ostracize.

08/22/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Boóts
when you go about /reporting all the people that are "ruining the RP experience" just because they're not participating in it with your now you risk losing possible future members of the RP community.

This x100000. I can see blatantly ignorant names such as "Omgwtfpwndlol" as possibly distracting, but you don't know the basis of every name. You have to take it how you can at times, especially with how limited naming can be per server. All this is really doing is alienating people and making it seem as if certain individuals in the RP community are snobs who demand you respect them, but don't return the favor.

So, yeah, report griefers and blatantly annoying names, but have some restraint and an open mind when it comes to names. They don't all have to be "random letters mixed together to form a word you can pronounce" to be RP oriented. Different people have different back stories, so ease up some.
Reply Quote
This x100000. I can see blatantly ignorant names such as "Omgwtfpwndlol" as possibly distracting, but you don't know the basis of every name. You have to take it how you can at times, especially with how limited naming can be per server. All this is really doing is alienating people and making it seem as if certain individuals in the RP community are snobs who demand you respect them, but don't return the favor.

So, yeah, report griefers and blatantly annoying names, but have some restraint and an open mind when it comes to names. They don't all have to be "random letters mixed together to form a word you can pronounce" to be RP oriented. Different people have different back stories, so ease up some.

Agreed use discretion when reporting names.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Well, that's all I personally ask for. Back to lurking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Honestly, as long as it isn't something vulgar, if they can come up with a backstory for why they have the name it doesn't matter to me. I've seen some pretty creative stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6397900346

here's a redirect from MG. Might shine some light on this on going crusade for "community rp"
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue

edit: You should come back to the bar so we can compare fishing poles again, Rasek. I still have the golden one with pink jewels. If not that we can share tea.
Mine's a giant bone. Awww yiii
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6397900346

here's a redirect from MG. Might shine some light on this on going crusade for "community rp"

I in ow way am saying how you should or shouldn't interact with other peoples rp or that your rp does or doesn't influence mine or vice versa ... Im asking like minded individuals to make themselves heard. It obviously doesn't appeal to you and you have made your views clear. Since this post doesn't appeal to you you may choose to refrain from posting on it and not pay it any mind.

While you may not agree with my ideas, actions, or what have you that is the beautiful thing... they're my own you don't have to share them and we can agree to disagree. :)
Edited by Papilon on 8/23/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
OOC: I report names all the time. And I've given myself an exception to killing lowbies when they had a clearly anti-RP name. Not going to stop reporting because some people might think it's whiny. The community needs people to uphold the standards. Because people need to realize that Blizzard doesn't have people scouting in-game to find wrong-doers. The players have to be proactive.

Everyone contributes to the RP experience. Maybe that's not your thing, and that's fine, but it's your responsibility at the end of the day to respect others in their experience with it. I don't have time to whisper everyone to explain to them how they're not doing it right. Reports are there for that. I simply don't want to deal with non-constructive drama that 90%+ of players will give me.

If you can't play this flavor of the game properly, reroll on a PvP or normal realm. /shrug
Edited by Jaike on 8/23/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
08/23/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Papilon
While you may not agree with my ideas, actions, or what have you that is the beautiful thing... they're my own you don't have to share them and we can agree to disagree. :)

I stopped caring about what you decide to do in-game but, sans a small handful of adjectives all my posts have been fairly constructive. Are you unable to actually expand on your own argument? Because repeating the same thing over and over just makes you sound unintelligent.
Reply Quote
OOC: Its just easier to.ignore the non rp community that exists on this server. I save my tickets for other rp grief or inappropriate behavior.

We would be a stronger rp community if we continue to bring rp to Orgrimmar and stormwind. Even better pull the rp out of the taverns and get it on the streets. If we sway enough momentum and show rp isn't just saved by your guild tag, we will find alot less unfriendly rp names.
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Biooh
I stopped caring about what you decide to do in-game but, sans a small handful of adjectives all my posts have been fairly constructive. Are you unable to actually expand on your own argument? Because repeating the same thing over and over just makes you sound unintelligent.

Again i have said all i needed to say and said it pretty clearly and in depth and do not wish to argue. If you dont find this post to your liking im sure there are others to tickle your fancy.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
08/22/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Galactika
Honestly, as long as it isn't something vulgar, if they can come up with a backstory for why they have the name it doesn't matter to me. I've seen some pretty creative stuff.

((I told myself I wasn't going to post on this thread, but this topic has been brought up and the idea has been attempted since a few months into server start...and yes, I was here to see it. This quote above is the one I completely agree with. I rp with npc's, forest critters, inanimate objects, and pretty much anyone I come across. I remember way, way, back when the leader of Gnometech had his name reported simply because it didn't fit someone else's idea of a "proper rp", and he was forced into a name change. That was just sad.

I have been pleasantly surprised over the years to attempt rp with people who have had very non-rp names...not offensive mind-you...only to find out they were willing to rp but hadn't done it before or were afraid to because of some of the RP-elitists they had run across who intimidated them.

Sorry for my rant. My tl/dr point is this: If you decide to report based on naming only..instead of the more rp-ruining griefing behavior...then please take a moment of your time and talk to the person first. You might get the chance to help a new rp-er and THAT would actually help improve the server. Much love to you ED.))

-The Hunter
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/22/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Galactika

Do I HAVE to come up with a backstory? I just watch you people RP in the wild because it's interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]