This is an RP-PVP server. Stand up.

90 Dwarf Rogue
I have a love/hate relationship with these threads when they pop up. I hate them because there is a need and they bring out venom from the non-rp players (mostly, not always) that are just here for the pvp or to play with friends. I love them for the fact that they show that there are people who still take the fact that this is an RP server seriously, and that it just happens to be PVP positive.

I have no claim to being an excellent RP'er. I hope that what I attempt is at least passable. By the same token when I came here it was specifically to learn about RP, when I started getting bored to tears playing normal pvp servers. I try to have some serious thought about whatever name I choose when I create a character here, so there is a thread from the begining to stick with.

I do report some names, because of the blatant nonsense some people bring to the table. If there appears to be any thread that something could be attached to, I leave it be. It may be a poor attempt at RP, much like my first backstory. But it was a try and I've gotten better since. As to reporting actions, I think in the entire time I've been on this server I have only run into one maybe two griefers that deserved it.

I guess a smiddgin' of common sense is needed to make sure we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I do believe the OP's heart is in the right place.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Druid
We as fellow losers /cough I mean Rpers must make stand and make our voices known ON ALL OF ED.
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration of freedom to Rp/erp in public without trolls on ED.

You see I have a dream that my 4 little children can Rp freely in SW without trolls.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Blasted Lands the sons of former Rpers and the sons of former trolls will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day ED will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are able to Rp/erp together without fear of trolls.."

I have a dream. That dream is today that we can all Rp again just like the old ED used to be.
Thank you- Raashom
Edited by Raashom on 8/26/2012 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
naw dude im heading down there late.
Reply Quote
oops wrnong thread.
Reply Quote
/cast Resurrection.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I've reported a few non RP names before, and I have been forced to change RP names of my own because someone else didn't think it was RP (rip Gaybeard). While I do like the intent of this thread, I have a hard time getting to worked up over keeping realms RP when Blizz is letting anyone from any other type of realm access RP servers.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
necroing stupid threads obviously
Reply Quote
Not a stupid thread op makes a real and flawless case. It was written pre mop and now that anlot of people have come back from hiatus i wanted to share with them too
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
I don't get the impression that reporting really works, does it?

We as fellow losers /cough I mean Rpers

Niiice bronkk. :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
11/27/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Papilon
Not a stupid thread op makes a real and flawless case.

YOU'RE the OP.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
11/27/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Dravot
Not a stupid thread op makes a real and flawless case.

YOU'RE the OP.
omfg i'm laughing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I actually stand up for the RPers. I came here on my hunter, with no intentions of RPing AT ALL....

But, I fell in love with the community here, and fully support the RP experience.

I <3 RP
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I came here from skullcrusher during wrath, not intending to rp.Then I learned of the pvp rivalries between horde and alliance rp guilds. From that point I was hooked by the dream.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So I have been ridiculed today about complaining about the following relative to being non-RP names.

Guild name: "Church of Scientology"
Toon name: "Wescraven"

At their core, these beg the question: if "real life" names/organizations are occuring within Azeroth, how exactly did they get there? The answer, sadly, is that people don't give a !@#$ about non-RP names - THATS HOW.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/16/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Diesiræ
So I have been ridiculed today about complaining about the following relative to being non-RP names

True Authority doesn't exactly scream RP......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]