Warrior Tanking in MOP

64 Draenei Death Knight
To be honest I would probably just stay gemmed the way I am as a warrior. If I recall correctly mastery isnt that far behind parry in stat weight, DS is nerfed into oblivion and in general, classes are stronger after the pre expansion patch. Doesnt really seem worth it to shell out a decent amount of gold to regem when it would provide better benefit to you when you are gearing up in mists.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
I see zero reason to regem for stuff that's already nerfed TO THE GROUND and has been completed multiple times or releveling, frankly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'm not regemming, and I've already been reforging for Expertise anyway.

So I guess now I'll just get hit too!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I like the new system. I feel far more responsive at the beginning of a fight, because TC and SS are both free. I almost always have Revenge available, and between Rev and SS I have all the rage I need. Sure it takes about 2 of each to give enough rage to use a full Shield Barrier or cast Shield Block, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

Almost everything else is the same. We basically have a choice between SBl for melee damage and Shield Barrier for non-physical damage. I do like the increased flexibility of casting a partial Shield Barrier (even a 40 rage SBr is a very good reduction in damage).

Other than losing Intercept, we're still very mobile, and the improvements in snares and stuns/fears means repositioning is very easy. My rotation has not changed much, except I try very very hard not to cast HS or Cleave unless the free-cast procs.

The changes to stances and rage decay are beautiful too. Who could imagine Execute-spam in Defensive stance with Recklessness?

I didn't even have to change my stats very much, though I reforged for hit/exp and tried very hard to bring my outrageous parry rating down a little (I have no idea why parry shot up to 20%+ and dodge remained at 10%; seems very imbalanced to me). But, I've gotten lots of kudos from healers and only rarely lose aggro.

I died once but the rest of the party lived and finished the fight shortly afterwards. I can't remember the last time I wiped...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I like changes in mechanics for WoW, it keeps it fun. The free SS and TC are a nice change (SW TC trolling lol). SBr is a great addition, its nice to be able to absorb annoying dots. I'm at 50% CB and 11% block via mastery which doesn't seem bad with a 9 sec cd on SBl. I don't even use cleave anymore, it seems I do less dmg than using HS (I loved cleave spamming in Cat). Guardians on the other hand...but I suppose a different thread for that one.
Reply Quote
Holy necro... but yes, Active Mitigation isn't for everyone.

Anyone who thought that abilities would be based around using resources generating threat (doing damage - cata style) and expected their rotation to stay the same... well I feel bad for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/19/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Hackbar
To be perfectly honest, I think the whole "active mitigation" thing is a step in the wrong direction. I don't know of many people that thought the DK style of play was anything good

Stopped reading there. And well, for lack of a better word, bull!
Letting your character sheet do the mitigating is boring. Dk has been the best tanking class for quite some time now ( if in the right hands), and making all classes similar in the AM system regard , makes it alot more interesting.
Edit: Dk was the worst tank for adds. I haven't researched or touched DK post patch but I'd be willing to bet that was addressed.
Edited by Gervasio on 9/24/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
09/24/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Gervasio
Dk has been the best tanking class for quite some time now ( if in the right hands), and making all classes similar in the AM system regard , makes it alot more interesting.

Firelands says hello.
Reply Quote
^ DKs were horrible in firelands progression, block-capping was way OP.
Reply Quote
OK I have been doing some research and I am having trouble finding this little piece of info. Could someone tell me what is the highest amount of Dodge and Parry you can have before Deminishing Returns apply? I found where it says to have 2.5x the amount of Parry vs Dodge but havnt figured this part out yet. Many Thanks!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
Why bring back a dead thread?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859 its stickied at the top
Edited by Hiimawsome on 4/26/2013 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You answered it, didn't you? lol Thank You!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
OK I have been doing some research and I am having trouble finding this little piece of info. Could someone tell me what is the highest amount of Dodge and Parry you can have before Deminishing Returns apply? I found where it says to have 2.5x the amount of Parry vs Dodge but havnt figured this part out yet. Many Thanks!

It's not that simple, from tier to tier the increase in avoidance stats is going to overcome any avoidance lost due to DR. The question isn't when do I start losing avoidance to DR, it's when does the cost become too high for the itemization of the current tier?

And that depends on the tank.
Edited by Rvalue on 4/26/2013 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I swear I posted in here
Reply Quote
ok. I think I understand that... Im so used to playing a caster that tanking is a new thing to me. Thanks for the imput.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]