Mists PvP/PvE: Holy Paladin or Disc Priest?

100 Undead Priest
Posted by Poena
Instant heals that have no dispel protection

sorry, what's the secondary effect on Rapture again, also trash buffs are hard

The secondary effect is a worthless amount of mana back (especially in MoP). Nothing to be helped once you are waiting 15sec to recast the ability.

Posted by Poena
We have terrible movement

PvP 4pc is hard, also T2 Priest talents, ALSO glyph of Penance in Mists, ALSO Inner Will

The last I checked the new 4pc bonuses were different than live:
2 piece: Diamond Soul: When you cast Power Word: Shield on a target, the target's Resilience is increased by 3974 for 4 sec.
4 piece: Holy Spark: When you cast Prayer of Mending, the initial target is blessed with a Holy Spark increasing the healing done by your next Flash Heal, Greater Heal or Holy Word: Serenity by 50% for 10 sec.

Glyph of Penance doesn't allow you to move better, it just allows you to cast it while moving.

Inner will while being focused with a movement impairing debuf on you is a deathwish.

So that leaves the T2 talents.
The only really good one is phantasm... but sadly it doesn't prevent reapplication of melee snares... so a skilled melee will just reapply their debuffs. Body + Soul and Feather just give us boosts that won't compensate if we are snared at the time.

Posted by Poena
No personal CD's.

L2 glyph pain supp, also T1 and T4 priest talents, also Psychic Scream, also positioning more

Pain sup vs. how many countless personal CD's Holy Paladins/Resto Druids get? And we have less Damage Reduction....

As for the rest of what you said... use CC to have better personal Damage reduction?

The T4 abilities are pretty sweet however...

TLDR; we have less than what we had before... Maybe that will balance out with what other healers got... maybe...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Its truly impossible to take anyone who says holy paladins have it bad in MoP pvp seriously at all. Just saying.

You're a resto shaman. The most powerful healer in rated PvP, likely to be in MoP too. lolwut...

Paladins lost the most important thing for them in PvP: instant cast FoL on Infusion procs. Also lost daybreak. You really think Paladins are good? Is it the plate armor or Divine Shield? Some hilarious troll answer like that? Give us some of your brilliant insight.

Blinding Light is also the worst 87 ability in the game and breaks on literally one point of damage, or you waste a glyph slot to make it a knock-down that can be dispelled. So OP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm playing Priest and Paladin in MoP, because I'm a masochist.

responses I have gotten from US 25+ players so far:

"wtf is wrong with you"
"enjoy the bench"
"hf"

...you're not dead! :o
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/20/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Eväyle
Its truly impossible to take anyone who says holy paladins have it bad in MoP pvp seriously at all. Just saying.

You're a resto shaman. The most powerful healer in rated PvP, likely to be in MoP too. lolwut...

Paladins lost the most important thing for them in PvP: instant cast FoL on Infusion procs. Also lost daybreak. You really think Paladins are good? Is it the plate armor or Divine Shield? Some hilarious troll answer like that? Give us some of your brilliant insight.

Blinding Light is also the worst 87 ability in the game and breaks on literally one point of damage, or you waste a glyph slot to make it a knock-down that can be dispelled. So OP.

I have a paladin and 2 priests. Paladins are doing fine in MoP. They aren't as good as resto druids in pvp. But they are good. And you guys are crying about the few things you lost and acting like you are useless. Paladins have wanted utility forever. And look they give you more utility and you cry. Oh your instants got nerfed. You don't think only spamming instants isn't the least bit OP? What a joke. And saying priests are better? You are clueless.

And daybreak is bad? Lol. You realize how much break on damage cc there is in the game that is still used in arena. Don't be stupid about using it. You don't cc the focus target with daybreak. You daybreak a healer and kill the focus target. Strategy, use it. I am guessing your pvp experience comes from nothing but random bgs opposed to actual organized pvp.

And no shaman are not the most powerful healer in MoP. And based on what you have posted, it doesn't seem you really know much about the coming expansion.
Edited by Cynix on 8/22/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
And daybreak is bad? Lol. You realize how much break on damage cc there is in the game that is still used in arena. Don't be stupid about using it. You don't cc the focus target with daybreak. You daybreak a healer and kill the focus target. Strategy, use it. I am guessing your pvp experience comes from nothing but random bgs opposed to actual organized pvp.

I think "Repentance" is the word you're looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Daybreak is not = repentance.

And based on what you have posted, it doesn't seem you really know much about the coming expansion.

Ironically, it seems the above quote should be applied to you as well no?
Edited by Minelle on 8/22/2012 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
And saying priests are better? You are clueless.

Priests are better in Cataclysm. I didn't say they're better in MoP, they're equals, as was already said by someone else. If you can't see that, your biases are simply blinding you.

And no shaman are not the most powerful healer in MoP. And based on what you have posted, it doesn't seem you really know much about the coming expansion.

Shamans have had nothing to weaken them as Healers in MoP beyond Telluric Currents being gimp, which has zero impact on PvP. Their regen is balanced around Water Shields passive regen for PVE purposes, which results in massively inflated regen in PvP. Now you have Healing Tide Totem and Ascendence, two things you didn't ever have before. You still have the strongest single target burst healing in the game, Monks are the only ones who are slightly comparable in that department (they'd OOM 10x faster trying, though). You still have the utility of Tremor, Earthbind/grasp, Mana Tide, Spirit Link and Purge. No tools have been lost, only gained.

I know plenty about MoP, it seems you're the one stuck in another reality.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/22/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Areos

I think "Repentance" is the word you're looking for.

No actually I meant blinding light. Its a blind paladins get in MoP that can be glyphed into a knock back.

And having to cast hurts you so much when every interrupt has gotten a longer cooldown. Learn to fake cast. Paladins are fine in MoP and I didn't even brought up shamans Evalye did.

You can talent into a sprint that has a 45 second cooldown and have many cooldowns that will help you when you are focused. You guys are crying for nothing when paladins are one of the most powerful healers in MoP pvp.

Priests though, who you think are so much better than you have the worst mana regen and lowest healing output. And loss of Focused Will is going to hurt them a lot if they take focus fire. And atm Shadow priests are healing for more than them in pvp.

08/22/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Marathel
If you want to really QQ about a healer in PVP do a resto druid.

Did I say Paladins were better than resto druids anywhere in my post? I said the opposite. And quit frankly why do you want to be the most OP healer? So you can get nerfed soon after the expansion hits like pallies were at the beginning of cata.

Even better, did I ever qq about paladins and say they were OP. Learn to read and stop being stupid. I said paladins are good and your QQ is stupid.
Edited by Cynix on 8/22/2012 11:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Uh no.

That's Blinding Light.

Daybreak works with Holy Radiance.

You look it up.

=/.

I caught that I said it correctly in my first post and wrote it wrong in my 2nd.

08/22/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Marathel
fter reading your posts full of misinformation I'm wondering if your QQ is even worth to be taken seriously.

Whatever kid. I miswrote 1 spell and the only one who QQed is you and the other paladins who think you are broken. QQ is not saying a class is good. You should learn to read.

Anyone who thinks paladins are bad and worse than disc priests in MoP cannot be taken seriously. And no you aren't equals in MoP. Paladins are better.
Edited by Cynix on 8/22/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/22/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Marathel
Speed of Light is terrible compared to the other two in T15. Why are you so badly informed? Ask any paladin what is more beneficial in every aspect of the game? POJ and LAOTL are ahead by miles.

I'm misinformed? Because I said I would take it on my paladin. No I didn't. I would pick up another one as well. But people are whining about losing mobility when they haven't.

You mean juke?

Any dps worth their salt will interrupt u the moment u hardcast anything beyond 1.5 seconds and even less is risking a lot.

You don't know how to juke. Based on what you just typed I am guessing you don't. Casters who know how won't have much issue.

08/22/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Marathel
It breaks on any damage. And in close quarters the likely chance you're going to sit there blinded for the full duration is extremely small.

Lol. You are showing the no pvp experience. A healer is most likely not going to be standing on top of their dps. And good teams will use the cc at the right time to prevent it breaking on damage. With your logic, I guess sap, blind, scatter shot, repentance, and any other cc that breaks on damage are completely useless in pvp? Lol. And you say I'm misinformed.

You're basing this on what?

Come on I have @#$23 PVP experience but at least I have something to back my knowledge up.

Go watch any rank 1 streamer when they stream MoP and ask what healers are doing well on the beta and which ones aren't. They will say Resto Druids are the best and paladins are good. Most of them will also say priests need their mana regen and survivability looked at because it isn't good.

08/22/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Eväyle
If you can't see that, your biases are simply blinding you.

Yea my bias, considering I have a paladin I play often(more often than this shaman who you think I am qqing for) and will more than likely be my main come MoP, I'm so bias. Paladins are OP nerf now! /sarcasm
Edited by Cynix on 8/23/2012 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Sorry, somewhat unrelated --hijacking your thread for a bit, question doesn't merit an extra thread, need quick response although a little insight is appreciated-- but how are RDruids looking PvP-wise for MoP? Hopefully good?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Then don't state it when you admit it yourself as bad.

It makes you look..what's the word? Ah yes. Shallow.

People are whining about losing the the live version of Speed of light. You want a sprint. Pick it up. And shallow, look it up. You used it incorrectly.

Um yes I would if I have to get in there HOJ the healer or dps, AT or use any other CC I have to seal the deal.

I won more than one arena match because my HOJ sealed the deal and for that you have to get close.

With teams with rogues you have to get close due to Smokebomb.

Fear pathing and others issue can force u to get close. Do not generalize. It's not good for you.

Coming up close to HoJ opens yourself up to be CCed yourself. Paladins are known for having to pillar hump to avoid cc. A well timed HoJ still could win games, but a well timed Blind, scatter shot/trap, repentance, etc also has won games. Saying any CC that breaks on damage is useless in pvp is ignorance on your part. So I am guessing you would pick the lowered cooldown on HoJ for pvp. How about if you are pvping with a warrior? HoJ directly DRs with his CCs. Still picking up that lowered HoJ rather than Repentance that can be used to Focus Repent the healer to land a kill?
Edited by Cynix on 8/23/2012 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]