Shadow Raiding: the Primer

90 Human Priest
08/20/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Romanticidee
I remember reading couple days ago (I don't really remember WHERE, but it was a good [and active] priest site) that haste was the lowest stat for us, with crit being the top. Haste just isn't as good as it used to be anymore.

This is half correct. Leading up to the DP+2 and SWP+2 Haste Breakpoints (8085), Haste outscales Hit/Spirit on average and in extreme cases (when you take SWI AND are in a very high movement fight/encounter) can even scale better than Intellect.

Once you reach the aforementioned breakpoint, then Haste drops to the back of the pack in importance.
Edited by Twintop on 8/20/2012 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
good lord, will we soon see a return of many h2p/sp.com people to this forum for funsies?!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
<3 Requested for sticky. Great guide.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
08/20/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Tsilyi
good lord, will we soon see a return of many h2p/sp.com people to this forum for funsies?!!!

We never left.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
you were hiding!! HIDING.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Well yeah. We're squishy
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/20/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Marathal
Well yeah. We're squishy

C'mere and let Tehvix test-squish you.

Remember the days of shadowform could mitigate damage and be all armor-ish and people making you tank stuff? We used to be Not-So-Squishy!! In PvP gear we could stand in mid-WSG and the other side would be scared SCARED to play Red Rover. Those were the days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
8-20-2012
Updated BiS list links
Filled in Hit section
Changed Reforge hierarchy
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
(when you take SWI AND are in a very high movement fight/encounter) can even scale better than Intellect.

Isn't SW:I odd with haste? Why not take DI or FDCL in a movement fight? Even Mindbender is better than SW:I with haste.

(NOT meaning to sound offensive, I just want to get 100% sure of what is or isn't the best)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Isn't SW:I odd with haste? Why not take DI or FDCL in a movement fight? Even Mindbender is better than SW:I with haste.

(NOT meaning to sound offensive, I just want to get 100% sure of what is or isn't the best)

This is just part of a conversation about the 9 different combinations of our damage tiers determining which is best and when. During this conversation Twintop found out that little tidbit.

It's not a recommendation by any means just a sort of side fact about stats and talents.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest

Remember the days of shadowform could mitigate damage and be all armor-ish and people making you tank stuff? We used to be Not-So-Squishy!! In PvP gear we could stand in mid-WSG and the other side would be scared SCARED to play Red Rover. Those were the days.

:( no. I never got to experience the hey days. I came along around....O.O Purple Priest, Kill eet, kill eet dead"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

:( no. I never got to experience the hey days. I came along around....O.O Purple Priest, Kill eet, kill eet dead"

Aww, you're a babbay priest.

I've died a lot over the years. Nothing like looking at BGT and seeing your name as everyone's target. Ohh daddy, I'm sooo popular!

So I try to take out as many as I can with me while I'm dying. As you lie there taking your dirt nap, watching the fugly bastidge who planted a "PWN" flag on your head skip away, you watch his HP tick down and down...and you actually laugh out loud in real life as he topples over. DoT deaths are the best revenge.

I don't care if or where my name is even on a PvE raid damage meter - the PvP times like that is why I'm shadow 4 lyfe.

Plus the drop-dead sexy thing. D'oh. /hairflip
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm hoping a lot of these item links will start working on Tuesday.

If anyone's having trouble reading this because of the formatting and have an idea how to make it easier to read please suggest.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
Your haste value of 0.7 seems really high. I haven't been able to find any recent values anywhere else, have you seen similar figures to yours?

Edit: I'm not saying its wrong (I'm no expert). Was just surprised.
Edited by Copperfox on 8/22/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It's correct.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
That is current as of the most recent scaling / damage change in Beta.

You can find much more info on Talent DPS comparisons and stat weights here:
http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
8-22-2012
Updated the Updated to date / version

^ However there have been no known changes between the previous Build it was updated to through to this one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Your haste value of 0.7 seems really high. I haven't been able to find any recent values anywhere else, have you seen similar figures to yours?

Edit: I'm not saying its wrong (I'm no expert). Was just surprised.

Haste's PP value is very high leading up to the SWP+2 and DP+2 breakpoints (8085). Once you've reached this breakpoint, though, Haste's value tanks and becomes the worst secondary stat. The PP value listed is, for gearing-up and item weighing purposes, using the PP value before this breakpoint as opposed to after.
Edited by Twintop on 8/23/2012 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Loving the guide, sticky requested I'll be reviewing to it more in Mop if you keep it up
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/23/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Mindboggle
Loving the guide, sticky requested I'll be reviewing to it more in Mop if you keep it up

Tyvm :)

Yes, I will be keeping this updated. For sure.

I will also make an attempt to finalize as much substance as I can over the next week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]