Shadow Raiding: the Primer

90 Blood Elf Priest
Quick question since I havn't seen it expressly stated. But if I'm using Mind Flay filler and something like mind blast comes off cooldown or a mind spike proc from divine insight happens, should I discontinue my mind flay to cast these spells or should I allow it to finish before I do?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369327305#16
XIII. FAQ

Question:
Should I Clip MF to cast higher priority spells?

Answer:
Yes, always. You should be using Gnosis as your castbar. It will have ticks marked out for MF. You want to start casting the new spell immediately after a tick. If this is the first MF you've cast you'll want to Clip after the second tick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is the hit section out of date? I thought Shadow Priest hit capped at 7.5% / 2,550 hit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/14/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Garrulous
Is the hit section out of date? I thought Shadow Priest hit capped at 7.5% / 2,550 hit.

No, no, no. That's melee's Hit cap along with 7.5% Expertise which calculates into your overall Spell Hit cap of 15% which is actually the same as ours.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Woaden, I saw in other threads you made recommendations for talents and glyphs on certain fights and little hints. I think you should do this for every fight. It would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/16/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Captnchunk
Woaden, I saw in other threads you made recommendations for talents and glyphs on certain fights and little hints. I think you should do this for every fight. It would be awesome.

Well there's already these threads on talents:
[H2P] Heroic Raiding: Talent Choices (25 man)
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2173
[H2P] Normal and Heroic Talent Choices (10 man)
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2662
Glyphs are somewhat common sense based on spell usage, talents and encounter damage model. I suppose I could whip something up.

Just finished / updated:
Here are my Weak Aura strings for MSV, HoF and Terrace (including Heroic abilities) with pictures:
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2736#p23143
Edited by Woadens on 1/16/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
is there an addon to show you how many shadow orbs do you have? My current ui doesn't show it
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/28/2013 04:30 AMPosted by Annula
is there an addon to show you how many shadow orbs do you have? My current ui doesn't show it

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/nugie-combo-bar
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Little to No Use:

Glyph of Inner Fire - Little to no raid damage is physical and your tank should be the one getting hit by things.

Actually, this is not accurate for the current raid tier. All of the bosses in Heart of Fear have physical damage attacks, many of which are unavoidable and do significant amounts of damage. With that in mind, this glyph can be very useful to help out your healers.

Zor'lok: Exhale, Attenuation, Force and Verve
Ta'yak: Unseen Strike, Wind Step
Garalon: Crush, Furious Swipe
Mel'jarak: Whirling Blade, Rain of Blades, Blademasters' Kor'thik Strike
Un'sok: Amber Monstrosity's Massive Stomp and Fling
Shek'zeer: Sonic Discharge, Dread Screech
Edited by Volaric on 1/31/2013 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Do you know of a BiS list for challenge modes? Like what gear when scaled down is the best?:)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/01/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Captnchunk
Do you know of a BiS list for challenge modes? Like what gear when scaled down is the best?:)

It's all proportional. I would recommend the Relic of Yu'lon because it has a very high uptime, Elegon Trinket as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Hey guys. Anyone know what a "good" amount of dps is for a fresh 90? My gear is sitting at 446, and I can burst up around 60k and level out around 46k.

But I see some dps beat me a lot, especially monks. I play a monk, too, so I know why. But at the same time it upsets me that they're hard to beat lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's going to vary pretty wildly, Deusvult, depending on what buffs are in your group, the ilevel of the players, etc. The closest you're going to get is simming your character and going from there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thanks. I figured there wasn't any straight answer, but it never hurts to try to get some answers.

Overall, though, I'm very pleased with shadow DPS, and I think it will become my main damage caster role.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/09/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Loreldia
So if I am hit capped already, and haste is the next great stat, should I begin reforging out of crit for haste, providing I have already reforged out of all the master I can?

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701&p=12749#reforgelite
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's an extremely frequent question, which is I why have that link on hand and use it at least a few times a week.

Please take note that I do say in the link to set it up exactly as it appears in the picture, then I go on to explain more after. You chose to set it up in some other way entirely. I'm sorry that you set it badly and got bad results because of it.

There is no human way to achieve optimal reforging results: you have to use a spreadsheet of some type. ReforgeLite is that spreadsheet in game and takes it two steps further by actually doing all the reforges for you.
Edited by Woaden on 2/12/2013 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LMG = Legendary Meta Gem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]