Sargerians Unite: "Transfers need not apply."

90 Draenei Paladin
So, while digging through one of my hard drives, I found this. It's a little something I wrote near the end of Wrath and posted on the old forums when we were in the middle of an influx of server transfers. The responses to their threads and Trade chat posts were overwhelmingly similar. "We're full."

Anyway, this motivated me to write this little satirical piece because, you know, I was in high school and had nothing else to do in the afternoons. I call it satirical, but it's not really funny. It's just...well, pointless. Either way, I figured I'd post it because I found it at least somewhat amusing. Enjoy! Or don't. :)

Sargerians Unite: A Look Into the Sargerian Psyche
Discussion I - "Transfers need not apply."

Disclaimer: This is a general argument. There are those who will find these "issues" quite trivial or contradictory to their own individual thinking. I didn't write this for those people. Don't get all grrmad and channel your nerdrage into a post about how "not all Sargerians think this way." We get it.

Now, numerous "potential transfers" seem shocked by the responses they receive when posting here on our massively superior forums. They ask for information: "Who wins WG? How's the battlegroup? Have any guilds downed Heroic LK? Do u guis use SkillScore?" What they get instead is a "Sargeras is full," a good troll or two, and sometimes even a song. Then they get offended. They begin to rant about how horrible we are, how annoying we are, how fail we are, and how they hope that the rest of our population isn't like this. Sometimes, they decide to transfer to another server and feel it necessary to post about it, evidently assuming that we care. Oh, and then a week later they're still on the same RP server as before.

With that said, let's take a look at a few of the different types of potential transfers we've seen lately.

Nvm, after reading enough threads I've come to the conclusion you're all %@%*!@#$% and *!@!*@*s, found a better server anyways, peace.

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27300870496&sid=1

He sure showed us. Maybe we should have been nicer to him.

Next we have the potential transfer (henceforth, the undesirable) that posts a "transfer thread" with the intent of telling us about his progression in a raid that nobody likes anymore and asking if any guilds on a server that doesn't want him to begin with would like to have him on board.

There are also the undesirables who tend to get lolmad over dumber things than bad trolls, such as remarks on their spelling or grammatical abilities, and express their nerdrage in long, angry, drawn-out posts about (get this) how fail or non-leet the above poster is, or how they probably just faceroll PvP all day, or how they were probably born with some sort of deficiency--you know, things totally irrelevant to the initial remarks. An excellent example of the preceding descriptions can be found below.

And the reason I asked if it was for real was because your spelling and whatnot was so... out there, that I had no idea wtf you were saying. Also, when you get here, switch Horde. Too many ally as it is.

Spelling?Wth are you talking about. Does all the s### in your brain impare your vision? I am guessing you are an A.D.D. Crack baby?

Horde, why would I roll horde. Oh I see so I can camp as holy for hours on end? I am guessing you faceroll in world pvp and your head is bout to explode? Want a challenge go to Mal Ganis, Allie. If you dont then shutup your not that leet.

Who the hell starts a sentence with AND?

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27401640716&sid=1

This type of undesirable is also extremely adept at irony. This skill, paired with the uncanny ability to skip over nearly every proper usage of punctuation, is what makes the undesirable just what it is.

There are many other types of undesirables. There are the ones that post here on the forums, there are the ones that make level 1 alts on our server to ask questions in Trade. There are those who transfer over without asking permission and then advertise it in our cities. None of them are any better than the other, but there are certainly worse. What it all boils down to is that these transfers, these "server fence hoppers," come to our server, clutter it and lag it, steal our raid spots, and increase the length of our log-in queues on patch days and launch weeks.

Can you think of another type of undesirable? What other reasons do we have not to welcome them? Is there any reason at all that we should welcome them? In this writer's opinion, we should simply build a giant wall around the server and man it with hundreds of big, ugly guard dogs...like Overthelimit.

And (I went there) remember:

Sargeras is, and forever shall be, full.
Edited by Svayne on 8/20/2012 1:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Obviously, the source links don't work anymore. This was originally posted on the WotLK forums.

Edit: And I think Overthelimit was a druid tank in Solidarity back during ICC.
Edited by Svayne on 8/20/2012 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sargeras is full, and there's nothing we can do to change that. Maybe if Blizzard offered generous incentives (more than just a free transfer off the server) then it might fix the over flooding. But this is what Sargeras has become, a server full of individuals/guilds all from other servers. I hardly remember any of the other Sargeras natives anymore. :'(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i aint going to lie i did not read that it was to long for my brain to read :(
Edited by Wisconsinz on 8/21/2012 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
This makes me wish svayne was a cute ol' blood elf again
Horde misses you sir
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Warlock
VoS
08/20/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Wisconsinz
i aint going to lie i did not read that it was to long for my broin to read :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/20/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Wisconsinz
i aint going to lie i did not read that it was to long for my brain to read

My same opinion on posts on the Insidious Wrath threads...except this is not back and forth name calling and stroking your own e-peen.

No worries Svayne, I read it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/21/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Czarnick
No worries Svayne, I read it. :)

<3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
My same opinion on posts on the Insidious Wrath threads...except this is not back and forth name calling and stroking your own e-peen.No worries Svayne, I read it. :)

i dont read any of the long post i like your short and sweet
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Bumping so more people can experience a piece of the greatness that was the old forums...and the old Sargeras.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Sargeras United by The Empyreans:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=920336&songID=7353554
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
09/08/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Svayne
Bumping so more people can experience a piece of the greatness that was the old forums...and the old Sargeras.

Only if you come back to horde sargeras.

Traitor!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Well from what Svayne said, im gonna have to look for a different server after MOP drops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]