Basic Lore Guide For Pandaren Role-Players!

87 Pandaren Priest
I feel like this thread should be stickied.

Or at least stay on page 1 for a while. *sneakybump*
Reply Quote
Thanks Elisavetta!

Bump! MoP comes out in less than 2 days! :D
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
Very nicely done mate. :)
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Priest
*Wiggle*

I think more people may be looking for this info soon.
Reply Quote
Sticky requested.

And to the front page with you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
What is the lifespan of a Pandaren?

I wonder this too..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Great job btw OP.

I think it's on the order of a few hundred years.

I base this on the fact that when Liu Lang first left with Shen-zin Su, Shen-zin Su was just big enough for Liu Lang by himself, but by the time Liu Lang passed on, Shen-zin Su was big enough to support a whole village. I gathered this from a story told about Liu Lang by a Loremaster on the Wandering Isle and the fact that Liu Lang's grave is actually on Shen-zin Su.

Obviously Shen-zin Su is a legendary creature, so he could potentially grow much more rapidly than the average sea turtle, but even still, to go from man-sized to village-sized I feel must have taken at least a hundred years if not a few hundred years.

I could be wrong.

Also, the Warcraft RPG has "adulthood" at 80, "middle-aged" at 175, "old" at 263 and "venerable" at 350. I feel like that could match well with Liu Lang--300 years or so for Shen-zin Su to grow that much seems reasonable for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
*Death Grips to the first page!*

Also, this fact is supported by the newly released comic. Considering WoW does hold some of its released comic/manga as canonical, I could say youre very much right, Baku.
Edited by Ramses on 10/6/2012 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Moonsword

Liu Lang, The First Explorer

"Every horizon is a treasure chest; Every blank map a story waiting to be told." -Liu Lang

The first pandaren explorer, Liu Lang disembarked from the mainland on the back of the great turtle Shen-zin Su. His discoveries proved that the rest of the world had survived the Sundering.

He would return to Pandaria every five years, gathering more wanderers and explorers with each visit, until his death at the age of 122. The turtle Shen-zin Su has not returned to Pandaria since.

Liu Lang, who was quite old and died peacefully, passed on at the age of 122. It's stated on a plaque in the Temple of Five Dawns on the Wandering Isle.

This implies that the Pandaren lifespan isn't too different, maybe slightly longer, than a human or orc's.
Edited by Amorene on 10/6/2012 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/06/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Amorene

Liu Lang, The First Explorer

"Every horizon is a treasure chest; Every blank map a story waiting to be told." -Liu Lang

The first pandaren explorer, Liu Lang disembarked from the mainland on the back of the great turtle Shen-zin Su. His discoveries proved that the rest of the world had survived the Sundering.

He would return to Pandaria every five years, gathering more wanderers and explorers with each visit, until his death at the age of 122. The turtle Shen-zin Su has not returned to Pandaria since.

Liu Lang, who was quite old and died peacefully, passed on at the age of 122. It's stated on a plaque in the Temple of Five Dawns on the Wandering Isle.

This implies that the Pandaren lifespan isn't too different, maybe slightly longer, than a human or orc's.

Good find!

I think that's about as official as you can get.

Shen-zin Su certainly did grow fast!
Reply Quote
Good find!

Well, Liu Lang died, what, three-thousand years ago? Shen-zin Su probably wasn't as enormous back then, maybe only big enough for one village even.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
*nudges*

Also, a couple guildmates asked a GM about the age thing, and they responded as such...
http://moogl3.tumblr.com/post/33104494776/ive-done-a-bit-of-digging-but-i-dont-see

and such...
http://ayuchiin.tumblr.com/post/32812753123/a-ticket-answer-about-pandaren-ages-in-lore
Reply Quote
*nudges*

Also, a couple guildmates asked a GM about the age thing, and they responded as such...
http://moogl3.tumblr.com/post/33104494776/ive-done-a-bit-of-digging-but-i-dont-see

and such...
http://ayuchiin.tumblr.com/post/32812753123/a-ticket-answer-about-pandaren-ages-in-lore

*giggles uncontrollably*

If this were a lore game against the GMs, I would have won.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Good find!

Well, Liu Lang died, what, three-thousand years ago? Shen-zin Su probably wasn't as enormous back then, maybe only big enough for one village even.

To be fair to Shen-zin Su, I stumbled upon the statue of he and Liu Lang on turtle beach in Krasarang last night and even when Liu Lang was first riding him, he was a sizeable turtle.

Still, to go from that to village sized in a hundred years--well, he's a legendary creature so let's leave it at that!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Knowledge is power! Also, the more you know rainbow
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Great post! Though I am seeing some very Alliance biased statements in here, as well as in the starting zone. Though, I do remember the days of Thrall fondly.
Reply Quote
This needs to go back to the front page!
Reply Quote
17 Pandaren Shaman
ima role horde thanks for the help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]