Server Questions..

85 Night Elf Rogue
Herrow,

Long story short, looking for a little feedback on the server. How's the Horde v Alliance balance, how's the Wpvp (if any), and how's the roleplay scene? ^.^

What I'm looking for essentially is an RPPVP server, that has interested roleplayers and/or Wpvpers regardless if they can FIND it or not. I'd honestly strongly enjoy a server that's balance is heavy on whichever side I wont be joining.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Very small amounts of wpvp, its a alliance dominated server and has some rping guilds on horde not sure about the alliance, also trade chat is less stupid on the alliance.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
08/22/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Fauch
Very small amounts of wpvp, its a alliance dominated server and has some rping guilds on horde not sure about the alliance, also trade chat is less stupid on the alliance.

Thankya for your reply, I'll def keep an eye out for any further posts. ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
sounds like you'd be perfect for my guild. 95% of what we do while we're logged in is wpvp or rp oriented. the poster above is wrong, also. horde has always had a population advantage on TN, I hear 1.5-2 to 1 horde to alliance depending on when the census was taken.

in terms of world pvp and rp though, alliance has more of both.

I'm not qualified to give you a proper rundown on the dusk watch, so you should just look at this for now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5626190204

if you're interested in RP, also check out wow-tng.org
Edited by Elveria on 8/23/2012 4:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty much what Elveria's said. Horde outnumber us, but in almost every encounter we've had with them, be it defensive or offensive lately, I definitely feel we've come out ahead. Still, kudos to the horde who put forth a good effort!

As for roleplay, it's far more quiet lately then some of the other servers out there, but we still enjoy ourselves. We're just a smaller community, which also means we're a tighter community! =)
Edited by Urivial on 8/23/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Horde rp guilds are The Grim, The Dragonhawk Brigade, and (The) Horde Brothers.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/23/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Urivial
Horde outnumber us, but in almost every encounter we've had with them, be it defensive or offensive lately, I definitely feel we've come out ahead.

I'm going to go ahead and call bs on that one. you guys come to org once in a blue moon stand at the front gate for 10 min and when its gets anywhere close to 1:1 its over. and by WPvP you mean ganking 6v1 then sure numbers wise i guess you would win. But honestly in any fair fight that ive seen any of your guild in it wasn't pretty.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm going to go ahead and call bs on that one. We attack Horde cities weekly. And that's a planned event. Every day is spent either doing Random BGs, or trying to provoke a response from your faction that I find is increasingly hiding behind blue walls.

Over half our active guild members have a little thing called 'WorldDefense' active. This lets us know anywhere and anytime a Horde is assaulting one of our towns/cities/zones. When we aren't doing BGs, or taking the fight to your lands, we're busy defending our own.

Your claim to us outnumbering people is ludicrous when you consider the 20 man FTH raid we routed with 10 just last night in Darnassus, before they could down even a single city leader.

Here's an example of us fighting against overwhelming odds in an offensive setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44nbozilkos

That unplanned fun time lasted over an hour as we played with numerous horde on the cliffs above Orgrimmar, and inside that Tavern. None of the Horde complained to me, so I'm quite sure they enjoyed themselves. I know the fire mage that had us freaking out every time he came near us probably did.

The oddest thing about your post is that, even though I spend most of my time on WoW PvPing, and I can say I've been part of about 80% of the Dusk Watch groups that either responded to Horde attacks or caused Alliance attacks, I have never seen your name before. -scratches head- Do you have an alt perhaps that we killed and it's death has made you this butthurt?
Edited by Urivial on 8/23/2012 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This would be my most recognized toon id think but when it comes to fights that involve your guild ive never been disappointed i always love some pvp but id have to say 90% of conflicts i personally have been involved in none of them have been an even fight and if we dare make it even you have always been chased off and that's not a shot at your guild all ally pvp guilds that have come and gone over the years have been the same be it first legion, scarlet dawn, skyblade ect.

And to touch on the point of us hiding behind walls i think that's very very cute of you too say since alot of your guilds pvping takes place in the tol barad daily zone and you fellows don't think twice about running to the guards every time. So id have to say you're calling the kettle black on that one.

Now you and i personally have never had a conflict out in the world to my knowledge but i pick you out of the group every time you come to org and your the first one to run too the back of the back and hide.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you for taking the time to respond first of all. First, the blue walls reference was to the fact that most of the Horde do not flag for PvP these days if they do not have to. This mainly disappoints me because the Dusk Watch has an actual rule against being 'bluewalled' at anytime outside of dungeons and raids where you cannot help it.

We are so gungho about being Permanently flagged for PvP that we recommend strongly every member of our guild get: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pvpermanent

On the subject of the guards in TBP... I honestly cannot remember a time when I personally have seen the Horde push us back to our base camp. More often then not I see what you accuse us of doing, the Horde doing. Taking my censure, and running back to the guards so they freak out and chase us halfway across Tol Barad Pennisula haha.

I believe we'll have to just agree to disagree with your words on us fleeing from equal fights. I do not believe this is true, but it could honestly come down to a matter of perspective. The only fight I've ordered a retreat from in the past month or two was a Halaa fight that we just were not going to win. The other side had more healers then us, and we just didn't have anyone else online that we didn't already conscript into our raid :(

As for Orgrimmar, I lead most of the raids I'm involved in in Orgrimmar. What you do not see because your perspective is different then ours is that I have a giant gold star over my head in these raids. My people have been instructed to stay close to star, so we do not get spread out and get picked off like imbeciles. This means when you see me running back and 'hiding' I am yelling in vent to pull back, because we have pulled too many lvl 85 guards, or we need to regroup before the Horde overwhelm those of us that are getting too far from our healers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
On Topic: This server is not as bad as some would make it out to be. It's not perfect, and it has definitely seen better days. With the coming of a new expansion I wouldn't be surprised if it got a tiny bit better than it presently is. I would suggest waiting until sometime in October before making your decision about transferring or rerolling.

Off Topic: Last week, probably Saturday. You (Urivial), a warlock, two warriors, a feral druid, and a balance druid (I do believe some were from other guilds though). All decided you must all attack me while doing questing in Tol Barad. While I am all for world PvP, and that includes going off with a group and attacking locations. However, six versus one is a bit of overkill don't you think. Especially when you try to claim how amazing you are taking out a force of twenty with ten yourself.

There is also the fact that the two warriors and druids mentioned (along with a death knight, mage, and a hunter) all hid behind the alliance guards once I returned with only two of my friends. The alliance only came out to fight with said guards or attempt to bait us in to aggro the guards. That would be seven alliance hiding from three horde.

Then there is the funny story of how on multiple occasions I have gotten into combat with members of the Dusk Watch. Such as the Hunter who I fought solo in Darnassus. Did I mention that I'm Holy?

Or how about all of the times Sprung would attack in the Molten Front with a group anywhere from 4 to 8 alliance. Who would then rush to the sanctuary once our then group of myself (ret), two feral druids and a hunter fought back? Or the priest who was always with him, and unable to do anything other than Mind Control people off of cliffs or into fire?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I could name quite a few times where you guys have retreated once the battle got even close to equal, but I'll spare your guild the embarrassment. Yes it's true that the horde tends to hide behind that blue wall ( I could say the same thing for the alliance, but I'm sure you already know) but that's because most of us know that 85% of the time yours or other alliance guilds attempt to attack the PvPers in Durotar, it will be an uneven fight that we'd rather avoid.

As for TBP... I honestly cannot remember a time when I personally have seen the Alliance NOT run back to their base even in a 6v2 fight favoring you guys. Maybe I've never come across your group, though. Its quite sad really that in a 6v2 situation favoring the Alliance I was killed by your guards 90% of the time, But whenever the Alliance attack us inside our base, the guards don't even flinch.

Vhiya, it'd probably be best if you went to a more populated server. TN is dead when it comes to PvE, the world PvP is a joke, and until MoP you may be hard-pressed to find a decent Rp community.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's hard for me to argue in defense of my faction when I don't remember the things you all are bringing up as evidence of why we are 'bad' or what not. So I suppose this will be my last post on the subject.

I can only speak from my own perspective. Most PvP encounters I come away from, I feel like the victor. /shrug. I know this, because when I feel like a loser, it's because we lost bad lol.

I will agree that both sides are guilty of both sanctuary exploiting, and guard exploiting. I try quite hard to only use the Tol Barad base camp when I am afk, because afking in the middle of TBP is stupid and suicidal. As for the Molten front Sanctuary, it became very hard not to throw myself into the blue area if it'd save me, when the Horde are constantly doing it as well. But that's a simple case of what came first, the chicken or the egg. In this case, both sides did it, so who cares which side did it first.

EDIT: As for Vhiya, do what you will. We've had 4-5 people transfer from Horde to Alliance just to join our guild in the past two months, just because they saw us PvPing, or even better were killed by us. If you enjoy RP a whole lot, and enjoy PvP a whole lot, you'll enjoy the Dusk Watch. That's all I have to say on the matter.
Edited by Urivial on 8/23/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/23/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Alonia
I could name quite a few times where you guys have retreated once the battle got even close to equal, but I'll spare your guild the embarrassment.

1. no you can't.
2. we don't retreat. we give you the satisfaction of killing us.
3. how did this become a #%*@ waving contest? oh yeah, this is the realm forums. sorry, we're on the same page now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If your character is originally from ED then isn't that basically the holy grail of everything you are looking for?

As for these other claims. I am sure tales of unfairness can be told for both sides.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
08/23/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Elveria
I could name quite a few times where you guys have retreated once the battle got even close to equal, but I'll spare your guild the embarrassment.

1. no you can't.
2. we don't retreat. we give you the satisfaction of killing us.
3. how did this become a #%*@ waving contest? oh yeah, this is the realm forums. sorry, we're on the same page now.

1. oh yes....yes she can
2. Lol how old are we? atleast your GM is civil grow up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
PVP doesn't have to be fair..

Next time Dusk Watch kills you with 4, bring 20 guildies.

(That's what I do)

(...we still lose like 10 people. silly pve-ers)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Silly ugraz you must not have read that we do even the fight and when we do we beat them and that they aren't the top tier players so many of them like to think they are. that's not to say that some of them aren't good but lots of them mask skill for numbers.
Reply Quote
20 Troll Warlock
Actually according to WoW statisitics, this realm is 84% alliance. So technically the horde should always be outnumbered. Everyday I've done my TB dailies this week the Alliance has had TB too, not sure how often the horde even wins TB.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/25/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Trollgdor
Actually according to WoW statisitics, this realm is 84% alliance. So technically the horde should always be outnumbered. Everyday I've done my TB dailies this week the Alliance has had TB too, not sure how often the horde even wins TB.

Huh. Well, you can take into account that at least two major guilds (Space People and Stormwolf) transferred off this server, and a handful more died off as players went elsewhere. Yeah, I can see that being an accurate tilt. Then again, we're still in a pre-expansion lull, as well, so that might also account for the tilted numbers.
Edited by Raynell on 8/25/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]