allowing cross faction chat

85 Worgen Priest
I feel its about time blizz allows cross faction chat in limited locations. nothing is more fun then trash talking the other faction or just having a conversation. so what do yall think? a blue reply on blizz stand point would be nice too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Nah.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
story wise it make sense to allow it as all the races can speak common
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Just wait an expac more when the war is over and the drive is back to defeat a new threat without the blundering of meat headed leaders. And you'll have you mixed raids along with xrealm chat.

Or they can continue to hate rp'ers...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've always thought it'd be wicked fun if they had a legendary consumable that was legitimately very hard to obtain (either very low drop rate or insane questline) which, upon consumption, gave you the ability to communicate with every race. In terms of usefulness it wouldn't be very high, but in terms of fun? Awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The playerbase isn't mature enough to deserve it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
A level 28 is ganked by a level 85.

-> "L@L L2P SCRUB."

Need I continue?
That happens now on the same faction, is the sad part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I hear enough trash talk in my own faction

Don't think I need to hear it from the oh....how many do we have. 10 percent of alliance players on my server?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
would encourage potty mouth and apparently that's a no no
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/23/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Metapawz
I feel its about time blizz allows cross faction chat in limited locations. nothing is more fun then trash talking the other faction or just having a conversation. so what do yall think? a blue reply on blizz stand point would be nice too.

This used to be in the game. Didn't work so well. With the new (idk how new but it's fairly new) option of playing both factions on ALL servers now, why do you need that? Just make an alt on the faction, a few years ago you had to have another account to talk to people, now it's as simple as logging out, pressing down, hitting enter and bam.

It was never universally in the game.

Forsaken could speak to alliance due to being "undead humans".
There was also "leet speak" which could bypass the filter because it didn't translate symbols, only letters.
The only other method required being flagged for PvP: a priest could MC someone and /emote to talk to them while they were MC'd. None of those are options anymore.

@OP
I wouldn't be opposed to opening cross faction chat with restrictions.

1) Only Say and Yell
2) Only in Sanctuary areas (Shat, Dal, etc)
3) Never in BGs

There's no reason alliance and Horde should be conversing in trade or general chat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Like some others have pointed out in this thread, a long time ago forsaken used to be able to speak common and thus talk to the Alliance. One of them, by the name of Nerd, used this to lure lowbies to a bridge and then gank them.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/Chaos1950/Nerd-1.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Like some others have pointed out in this thread, a long time ago forsaken used to be able to speak common and thus talk to the Alliance. One of them, by the name of Nerd, used this to lure lowbies to a bridge and then gank them.

He was a hero among gankers. lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

By the Light, that's HILARIOUS!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
08/23/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Shadowfuzz

only thats not the way it ever works out.

any time 2 opposing sides get to talk to each other it becomes vulgar insults along with racial and homophobic slurs.

i get enough of that from my own faction, dont need the rest of the server too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/23/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Scuderia

only thats not the way it ever works out.

any time 2 opposing sides get to talk to each other it becomes vulgar insults along with racial and homophobic slurs.

i get enough of that from my own faction, dont need the rest of the server too.

EQ2 would say you're wrong.
Rift would say you're wrong.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some titles here....
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
08/23/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Destronoma
Nah.
Reply Quote
EQ2 would say you're wrong.
Rift would say you're wrong.

WoW's "community" is different though. Look at all the abuse that is handed out now in BGs...by your own team.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
no. bye.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]