Sinestra "I Can't Hear..." gone in 5.0.4?

85 Draenei Paladin
Does anyone know if "I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am" is going away next Tuesday or 9/25?

If a blue could clarify, that would be great. This affects my group's plans for next week. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I heard the same thing without seeing any confirmation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The same concerns were being made when Cata was dropping about whether Herald of the Titans, Tribute to Skill/Insanity in TOGC, and 'He Feeds On Your Tears' Algalon. If my memory is correct all were still available after the pre-release patch up until Cata went officially live. So ICHY should still be attainable in 5.0.4 until MoP goes live.

I would also like a blue post confirming though cause it affects my guild's plans too : )
Edited by Nikeonmyfeet on 8/21/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'm highly convinced it is, so this is your last chance to get it :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/21/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Kaidien
I'm highly convinced it is, so this is your last chance to get it :D

Care to tell us why you are so highly convinced? Some reasoning behind that would be nice
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
If I remember right, the developers stated that the goal was to balance level 85 characters so that they would not go up or down once 5.0.4 hit. Can't remember where I read that though.

So I would think the opposite--that they would remove it when the expansion launches.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Closest I could find to "evidence" in the minute I took to look was this http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2887-Mists-of-Pandaria-Beta-Build-15972

But that's for a beta build. I know they're changing the Wrack mechanics at 5.0.4 because of the change to dispel mechanics. For that reason alone, they might make the achievement a feat next week.

Edit: I just want to reinforce that I know it's a beta build and therefore not actual evidence.
Edited by Abindia on 8/21/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I believe they are adding a new effect to Wrack so that when you dispel it, your dispel CD resets. Else Sinestra would be impossible!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
the dispel change could be why they would change it, but honestly the 8 sec CD wouldnt affect much just you would have to maybe use 2 people instead of one. I don't think that is enough of a change to constitute it becoming a feat of strength for 5.0.4.

Like 'He Feeds on Your Tears' from Algalon. Which was same situation that requires no deaths back in Wrath was normal till Cata went live, NOT a FoS for pre-release talent patch.

WTB Blue post to clear this up!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The easiest way would be to log onto the PTR (Not the beta) and see if it is still in the achievement list. It's silly people who have beta can't test PTR ><
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's becoming a Feat.. I mean, an unobtainable Feat lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
08/26/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Ithereal

proof?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I really would like to know whether or not this will still be attainable. Anyone have any information on it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/26/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Ithereal

I heard on the g%@!@vine it's going to be similar to Herald, in that, it will have requirements outside of defeating Sinestra with nobody dying on the first attempt.

I.e. Everyone level 85, possible gear requirements etc.

Really not 100% on this though.

Really? It censored that?
Edited by Thünder on 8/27/2012 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'd guess that since they went out of the way to change how dispel works on wrack, you can probably still get it until MoP goes live. Losing someone at 20 percent last night on our first attempt was pretty rough so it would be nice if we get another go at it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/27/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Thünder
I.e. Everyone level 85, possible gear requirements etc.

I could see the level 85 restrictions but why the gear requirement? People have been overgearing it since about a month into Firelands progression.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/S%C3%ADeara/achievement#81:a5313

Well it is a FoS now. You guys can still try and see if you can get it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
the armory may just be prepping for mop
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Failed this ach at 14% last night. If it is still obtainable, I'm positive I'll get it before mists.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
08/26/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Sweetbro

proof?

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]