Winter is Coming recruiting for MOP core

90 Tauren Death Knight
About the Guild
Winter is Coming is a guild looking to experience a bit of everything MoP has to offer. We are home to the best PvPers on the realm in terms of arena + RBG ratings. However, PvE will be our main focus with an emphasis on attaining server firsts on a server with few competitive raiding guilds. We aim to create a competitive raiding environment, which allows our best, most consistent players to shine and progress with our core. We plan to progress through MoP (at least early on), as a tight-knit 10-man raiding team. Recruitment-wise, we're not looking for a list of credentials about what you've achieved (though it doesn't hurt). We're most concerned with player ability, attitude, and what you CAN achieve. We will raid three nights a week during MoP progression (Tue/Thur/Sun at 8PM-12AM EST), and we expect people to be reliable and have control over their play-time.

About Us
Our current core is primarily a group of RL friends who have been playing together since vanilla. We have raided successfully, at the highest possible level (all former members of #1 guilds on various servers), throughout the past few years, and in doing so we have added a few along the way. Most of us are recent college graduates, with a few outliers, in terms of age, which have managed to fit in quite well. We encourage a laid-back, low-key, fun-first environment, though we get serious when it comes to progression (hence our goal of server firsts, which will easily be met with 1-2 quality recruits).

Recruitment Needs *Classes marked as open feel free to apply.
As a potential server transfer, you would be applying for a permanent spot. The spot would be yours until you dramatically go out of your way to lose it, as we don't intend to have anyone waste their money. For applicants on our server, we may encourage competition for the particular position you are interested in.

EVEN IF A CLASS SAYS CLOSED ALL CANDIDATES ARE CONSIDERED SPOTS ARE OFFERED ON A COMPETITIVE BASIS (i.e. you outplay someone and are dedicated you get a spot)

Druid: Resto, Balance open. Feral closed.
Death Knight: Closed
Mage: Closed
Hunter: Closed
Paladin: Closed
Priest: Open (Healing more desired than Shadow atm)
Rogue: Open
Shaman: Open (All specs will be considered)
Warlock: Closed
Warrior: Closed

How to Apply
Being a 10-man guild focusing on a small, tight-knit core, instead of making you apply with an application template online and go through a somewhat belabored process, we would like to encourage contact via realid so we can get to know the player we are potentially bringing in. If you are interested in potentially joining up with us or simply learning more, feel free to add cjd2054@gmail.com (buraq) or will.scheuing@gmail.com (chop) to your realID. One or both of us is typically online. Cheers.
Edited by Buraq on 8/21/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I am Chop and I approve this message
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
o hia chop
Edited by Mythiix on 8/21/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Winter is coming was reckful's guild on blackrock why would you steal a name?..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Watch game of thrones. Believe me, we had better things to do than look at what Reckful's guild is. Who follows that guy anymore anyway? We "stole" it from the best show on TV... many months ago. Can you tell me what color underwear Reckful wears too?

hihi mythiix <3 Poisoned.
buy me a spectral tiger

and tell Rodex I miss him
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
First thing i thought was you jocked that guild name too though, it was just well known like nao gaming... And you saying you stole it from the best show on TV is a blatant lie because i've never heard the term used on Seinfeld.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Game of Thrones > All...lets be foreal
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
lol Seinfeld best t.v show, your too funny
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Watch game of thrones. Believe me, we had better things to do than look at what Reckful's guild is. Who follows that guy anymore anyway? We "stole" it from the best show on TV... many months ago. Can you tell me what color underwear Reckful wears too?

Few months ago? He made this guild in bc.....please learn your history be4 you talk !@#$..
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/23/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Buraq
lol Seinfeld best t.v show, your too funny

Are you really hating on Seinfeld? Must be a 2 1/2 men kinda guy....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
08/24/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Peaches

Few months ago? He made this guild in bc.....please learn your history be4 you talk !@#$..

Lol. I think you're missing the point. We couldn't care what that dude's guild is. Made our guild b/c we're a fan of a good show (true..Seinfeld deserves some respect.. i'd put 24 in that elite category also). I really feel little desire to brush up on my "history" of something that is of absolutely no concern to me.... I also don't recall talking shyt, just pointing out (and probably accurately..with your "history" comment"), that you're a bit of a fanboy, hence the underwear comment ;) I'll start looking up top arena players again when blizzard learns to make a remotely balanced arena season.....

Edit: And you're the first person to bring this to my attention in X months... so obviously it isn't of much concern to anyone else on our server either. Heck, it's like me saying you took your guild name from a popular N64 video game..
Edited by Chop on 8/24/2012 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
arguably the best console game*
and nah i don't hate on Seinfeld lol, just think there r better shows, like Game of Thrones and Breaking bad, id throw Heroes in there too. I just like shows you have to follow the plot of.

But anywho..... HAVE 1 spot open for a HEALER preferably a shaman but a priest would be nice too
and also have an open DPS spot both rdps and mdps will be considered but would very much like a MDPS of any kind! again if interested in joining with us pst either me or chop in game or just add us on real id (given in first post)
Edited by Buraq on 8/27/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Lol. I think you're missing the point. We couldn't care what that dude's guild is. Made our guild b/c we're a fan of a good show (true..Seinfeld deserves some respect.. i'd put 24 in that elite category also). I really feel little desire to brush up on my "history" of something that is of absolutely no concern to me.... I also don't recall talking shyt, just pointing out (and probably accurately..with your "history" comment"), that you're a bit of a fanboy, hence the underwear comment ;) I'll start looking up top arena players again when blizzard learns to make a remotely balanced arena season.....

Edit: And you're the first person to bring this to my attention in X months... so obviously it isn't of much concern to anyone else on our server either. Heck, it's like me saying you took your guild name from a popular N64 video game..

You make a valid point Chop I apologize for starting a pointless arguement
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Game of thrones is sick, great show
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Bark Bark
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]