Feral/guardian soloing patch 5.0

14 Worgen Druid

WAIT!! NOT recommended. AT ALL.

Go fluffyfeathers - have fun. That's not an issue.

But if you're thinking about tanking lower levels for faster queues, please consider healing instead. You'll save both your fist and your monitor some injury through frustration. (And some gold, since you REALLY need to be on top of the gear for your level to tank and not get 2 shot as Bear.) My lowbie bear made it to 48 or so (Dire Maul specifically was when I killed her bear spec), before giving up. She just died way too often and every healer I spoke to had the same story (before booting her): "It's just how bears are at lower levels." In approximately equal, if not lesser, healing gear she was fine.

I've actually never tried healing, but I bet I'd love it.

Thanks for the advice. I wish I could dual spec this low, but I think I'll try resto for a little while and see what I think. I've played with bear form a bit, and although I enjoy tanking, it wasn't that great for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've been working on another druid, and tanked dungeons from level 15 to 25 now. Survivability is seriously the easy part. The hard part is managing that survivability WHILE keeping aggro from everything that is spread apart (kinda hard to use SD while you're only AoE threat mechanic pre-22 is tab-targetting a maul due to CD's). The only healers who had trouble with me were the ones who just wouldn't do anything. Seriously. There were several occasions that I could pop the tauren aoe stun, pop rejuv, pop back into bear and carry on (due to healers just doing nothing...never had that problem till here recently).
Edited by Angeliqe on 9/22/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Druid
09/22/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Angeliqe
I've been working on another druid, and tanked dungeons from level 15 to 25 now. Survivability is seriously the easy part. The hard part is managing that survivability WHILE keeping aggro from everything that is spread apart (kinda hard to use SD while you're only AoE threat mechanic pre-22 is tab-targetting a maul due to CD's). The only healers who had trouble with me were the ones who just wouldn't do anything. Seriously. There were several occasions that I could pop the tauren aoe stun, pop rejuv, pop back into bear and carry on (due to healers just doing nothing...never had that problem till here recently).

That seems to be the problem whenever I'm DPS for a Guardian Druid.

Because of the lack of AoE, if they're not slow or careful (and they RARELY are), the mobs will be so spread out that we wipe more often than we should.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]