5.0.4 inscription questions

90 Night Elf Druid
Does anyone know what is going to happen to inscription when 5.0.4 hits? Has blizzard released a list of what we will lose/gain, what glyphs become what?
I know that scroll of wisdom teaches unknown glyphs, but we wont be able to get that until september 25th, so it would be nice to know which glyphs are learned by it so we can inform guildies to not bank on getting those from their friendly neighborhood scribes until sometime after MoP.
I currently have just about every glyph available to inscription (Except 3 Divine accuracy, Kill shot, and Shadow, plus ritual of the new moon) and it will be fun to have a daily research to do again to learn the new ones. But what are the new glyphs and what glyphs are just old ones getting a makeover?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I don't believe Blizzard will put out an official list. The best you can do is look to Wowhead or MMO Champion. I assume any knew glyphs, made from existing mats will either be trainable or learned from Northrend research...but that is a guess. It is also possible that everything will have to come from creating Scrolls of Wisdom in Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This toon is my scribe, I copied her over to the PTR to try and find out.

I know all the recipes on live, and as far as I can tell I know them all on the PTR as well, including all the new ones. I can't be sure though since ARL 5.0 isn't out and I am waaaaaaaaay too lazy to go through them all :)

Unlike you though I won't be thrilled if me & my 8 alts have to relearn all these glyphs again. I worked pretty hard & spent alot of herbs making sure all my toons knew all of their glyphs, I finished up with that little project (predictably) just about 1 day before the changes were announced...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
All old recipe ID #'s are staying the same, the Glyphs are just changing. With that said, there is a handful 2-5??? Glyphs which are disappearing.

For more information visit the Consortium Gold forums. There is a list on there someone has compiled to show all of the changes.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Does anybody know if the ink trader will convert to MoP inks when the patch comes out?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
08/23/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Jeigan
Does anybody know if the ink trader will convert to MoP inks when the patch comes out?

Probably yes.

The ink trader started as mop, then went to cata mats then eventually changed back to mop inks on beta.

Perhaps check ptr?

Their are no new discoveries, my priest got one but I am pretty sure it must have been added in 4.3 or something.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Hm... thanks for the answer. I can't remember if Blizz switched to cata inks at the end of WotLK when the Cata patch came out. Looks like I'm going to do my backup plan, farm a lot of herbs and trade down.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
The ink traders in Mists started requiring Blackfallow in the pre-patch, lot of casual scribes got burned with Ink of the Sea. The assumption next Tuesday is the same, all the vendors will require Dream Ink, so convert it now, and if needed, you can always make more after the patch.

Personally though, I wish Blizzard would keep the Northrend vendor trading Ink of the Sea for 70-80s, the Cata traders using Blackfallow for 80-85s, and the Pandarean trader in Mists using the new ink for people hanging out on the island.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The ink traders in Mists started requiring Blackfallow in the pre-patch, lot of casual scribes got burned with Ink of the Sea. The assumption next Tuesday is the same, all the vendors will require Dream Ink, so convert it now, and if needed, you can always make more after the patch.

Personally though, I wish Blizzard would keep the Northrend vendor trading Ink of the Sea for 70-80s, the Cata traders using Blackfallow for 80-85s, and the Pandarean trader in Mists using the new ink for people hanging out on the island.

You always have the best suggestions, Jozie!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

I think thats a pretty decent suggestion. I think this time around its a WAAAAAY bigger deal than it was back then cause tons of glyphs use ink of the sea so being stuck with it for a couple weeks wasnt really a big deal. But blackfallow is used for 1 glyph and really very little else.
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
At least this time we don't have to go to Dalaran for 5 months to find an ink trader.

Blizz hates scribes. Fact.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
All old recipe ID #'s are staying the same, the Glyphs are just changing. With that said, there is a handful 2-5??? Glyphs which are disappearing.

For more information visit the Consortium Gold forums. There is a list on there someone has compiled to show all of the changes.
Aren't all the prime glyphs going away? That's more than a few.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
There are 122 prime glyphs on live. 174 glyphs are changing to an entirely different ability. Only two glyphs are being removed entirely.

A scribe that knows all glyphs will have 345 glyph recipes in their book the day before patch. After the patch that scribe will know 343 glyphs until visiting a trainer. (And 368 after visiting a trainer, then 404 after doing a scroll of wisdom for 36 consecutive days)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There are 122 prime glyphs on live. 174 glyphs are changing to an entirely different ability. Only two glyphs are being removed entirely.

A scribe that knows all glyphs will have 345 glyph recipes in their book the day before patch. After the patch that scribe will know 343 glyphs until visiting a trainer. (And 368 after visiting a trainer, then 404 after doing a scroll of wisdom for 36 consecutive days)
OK but when MoP goes live all those prime glyph recipes will disappear and Scribes will have to learn a bunch of new ones, right? Are many of the new ones just taught by trainers at level 525 or do I have to level up to 600 to get any new ones?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
No you automatically learn the glyphs they change to:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967657169#3

The bulk of the "new" glyphs will be in your inscription book (and in your bags and bank and glyph windows) in place of the old one.

There are only 25 new glyphs on trainers, mostly monk glyphs, all trainable at 525 skill or lower.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No you automatically learn the glyphs they change to:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967657169#3

The bulk of the "new" glyphs will be in your inscription book (and in your bags and bank and glyph windows) in place of the old one.

There are only 25 new glyphs on trainers, mostly monk glyphs, all trainable at 525 skill or lower.
Thanks for the information and the link. It's very helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I maxed out on knowing all the glyphs a while back. Some one claims to have learned a new glyph off of Northrend Inscription Research after saying they also knew every glyph there was... I have attempted it 2 days now and nothing. Can anyone confirm if they added more glyphs to be learned via NR research?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I know this is a few days old now.

I went into 5.0.4 knowing ALL available glyphs (books of glyph mastey, how I hated thee, glad I finished with you in Wrath).

I went to the trainer in SW the first time I logged in after the patch and only had monk glyphs to learn, there were a bunch of them. I haven't tried discovery to see if there were any stealth additions, but the other glyphs seem to have translated across seamlessly. No one has asked for a glyph yet I don't have except for those requiring greater than 525 skill.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
08/30/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Sethralvitra
I maxed out on knowing all the glyphs a while back. Some one claims to have learned a new glyph off of Northrend Inscription Research after saying they also knew every glyph there was... I have attempted it 2 days now and nothing. Can anyone confirm if they added more glyphs to be learned via NR research?

Well, there is knowing all the glyphs and then there is learning all the glyphs from the books of glyph mastery. My scribe knew everything but the books of glyph mastery because at the time, I couldn't afford 50-100 gold on 50x books (which now sell for 2k...doh!) However, I have learned 3 new glyphs from research since the patch. My guess it that they finally added those 50 glyphs to the research loot table.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]