Why can't the Horde just kill the Alliance?

100 Troll Hunter
The alliance has;
1. Superior numbers.
2. Superior technology.
3. Superior magic.

The real question is: why is the alliance losing?

I'll give you superior numbers and tech, but not superior magic.

Jaina Proudmoore does not mean you have the most powerful magic.
90 Draenei Warrior
08/22/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Korojin
You insult me.

You have a nice hat.

Your horns are lovely today.
90 Draenei Shaman
The alliance has;
1. Superior numbers.
2. Superior technology.
3. Superior magic.

The real question is: why is the alliance losing?

I'll give you superior numbers and tech, but not superior magic.

Draenei have been mages for over 25,000 years. Horde has nothing on that.
08/22/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

No, Medivh, Aegwynn, Jaina Proudmoore, Rhonin, Antonidas are all why Alliance has better magic. Humans have just pumped out more horribly powerful mages than any other race.
100 Gnome Warrior
2. Superior technology.
3. Superior magic.

Not so.

the alliance does have superior technology.

magic, however, i will leave open for debate
100 Tauren Shaman
08/22/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Kaioon

I just adore how your hooves match your skin.
100 Troll Hunter
08/22/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Adelaide

Draenei Magic isn't played up at all. We've never seen them using Arcane Magic in any major way, not like the Blood Elves, or even the Humans.

Not to mention the Horde has superior Shamanism, and Voodoo, which is something the Alliance doesn't have at all, as well as control over the Sunwell.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 8/22/2012 7:50 PM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior

I just adore how your hooves match your skin.

The uh. The cat on your face seems freshly dead. It hardly stinks at all.
Edited by Kaioon on 8/22/2012 7:50 PM PDT
08/22/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Draenei Magic isn't played up at all. We've never seen them using Arcane Magic in any major way, not like the Blood Elves, or even the Humans.

Not to mention the Horde has superior Shamanism, and Voodoo, which is something the Alliance doesn't have at all, as well as control over the Sunwell.

*Tides of War spoilers*

If it wasn't for Kalecgos, Jaina would have turned Orgrimmar into Sea World.
90 Night Elf Druid
08/22/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Raiil
Because... the game would end?

This. This. This.
100 Tauren Shaman
08/22/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Kaioon

I doubt you haven't crashed into any planets recently and that your piloting ability is unsurpassed.
100 Blood Elf Warlock

Not so.

the alliance does have superior technology.

magic, however, i will leave open for debate

Safer technology. The Alliance does not grasp a certain technology that the Horde does not also understand or use. Plus, the Forsaken have a strong handle on biochemical warfare.

Magic, truthfully, is a tough one, namely because of the endless super-powered-for-no-reason Human Mages. But most of them are either dead or not Alliance at this time, leaving Jaina.

And I don't even know what's happening with Jaina.
Edited by Lepos on 8/22/2012 7:53 PM PDT
90 Worgen Priest

That's because we've never SEEN them do ANYTHING, except Velen moving the Blood Elf story along.

And worgen pretty much counter any advantage given by tauren in any case.
100 Troll Hunter
08/22/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Katarn

Okay?

Again, one mortal magi. If enough people attacked her, she would fall. Hell, that happens to everyone really powerful.
90 Draenei Shaman

Draenei have always been natural magic users. When aboard the Oshu'gun for long journeys the draenei had plenty of hours to study and practise magic. They are one of the oldest races in the universe and therefore have had a lot of time to research and improve their knowledge of the arcane arts. Since they have had so much knowledge passed down and live such long lives to practise it, the draenei are among the most powerful mages in the known universe.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Mage_races
90 Draenei Warrior
08/22/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Korojin

I doubt you haven't crashed into any planets recently and that your piloting ability is unsurpassed.

Your ability to stand by complacently while atrocities are committed, then feign a peaceful nature is barely loathsome at all.
90 Undead Rogue
Not possible.
The only ones with a small force are orcs and undead.
Tauren are too peaceful and small.
there are close to no blood elfs.
Goblins are everywhere and are loners.
Trolls are strong but small numbers.
90 Worgen Priest
08/22/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Okay?

Again, one mortal magi. If enough people attacked her, she would fall. Hell, that happens to everyone really powerful.

One mortal magi with a fatal attraction to a certain former aspect of Magic...
100 Troll Hunter
08/22/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Adelaide

Draenei have always been natural magic users. When aboard the Oshu'gun for long journeys the draenei had plenty of hours to study and practise magic. They are one of the oldest races in the universe and therefore have had a lot of time to research and improve their knowledge of the arcane arts. Since they have had so much knowledge passed down and live such long lives to practise it, the draenei are among the most powerful mages in the known universe.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Mage_races

Still don't have control over the Sunwell, and again, Arcane magic isn't played up in the Draenei Culture. Blood Elves (And High Elves, to a lesser extent) are the most powerful mages as a race.
100 Gnome Warrior
Safer technology. The Alliance does not grasp a certain technology that the Horde does not also understand or use.

safer is superior
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]