Best race for Priest

85 Orc Death Knight
What is the best horde race for a priest?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pandaren.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They're actually all pretty good... Priests can benefit from the Goblin Haste, have cool animations as Undead (and a nice PvP racial), Belfs get the Mana Regen (and PvP silence), Trolls get the mini-haste boom, and well Pandas are fun too.

So um, you can't really go too wrong on the horde side.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
They're all good, but goblins are the best.

Feytttthhhhhhh, we nee to write our guide soonish.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think Priest is a sexy class..So i went with the Sexy NE..But my toon was Human at 1st changed to Undead and just recently changed to NE because i liked the way they looked on a priest and the way the animation healing looks...I didn't care to much about the racial abilites anymore i cared about looks lol...It's what you prefer honestly...But as of right now i like the Night Elf female priest the best...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
@Bosslady, are u female? I've noticed a lot of chick gamers have really gotten into the NE race. I saw a vid with Tradechat and Leda and the chica had NE symbols tatted on her arm.
Do NE look punk/alternative to girls? or like what is it? cause thats what i'm basing my assumption off of
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
GNOME!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i dig being a belf spriest just cause its nice to have an interrupt on a priest that isnt fear. came in very useful for cho gal. also for during mana voids in ds with yor sajh when there was 0 mana i can just power torrent and the cast 1 swd to refill mana almost instantly to keep my dots/empowered shadows up and continue my rotation. a little bit of haste isnt worth me looking like a creepy green midget.
Edited by Aeovalle on 8/26/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
The basic rule of thumb is if you can be a troll, you should be a troll.
Reply Quote
Nelf would be OK if they didn't have the worst casting animations ever.

I mean seriously... the males have an excedrin headache and the females are tossing a frisbee.

No thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I mean seriously... the males have an excedrin headache and the females are tossing a frisbee.

No thanks.

I think the OP specified Horde (aka the correct faction choice). I would also like to sound in once again on Casting Animations being a virtually irrelevant factor in choosing a race. Aethetics of the model, texture resolution, polygon count, out of combat animations, how the race wears the gear (hooves, ribs showing, big shoulders etc.) are much more important since in combat you should be paying attention to everything but your own character's animations.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Priest
08/26/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Spoonguy
The basic rule of thumb is if you can be a troll, you should be a troll.

No one needs Paladins anyhow.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

I think the OP specified Horde (aka the correct faction choice). I would also like to sound in once again on Casting Animations being a virtually irrelevant factor in choosing a race. Aethetics of the model, texture resolution, polygon count, out of combat animations, how the race wears the gear (hooves, ribs showing, big shoulders etc.) are much more important since in combat you should be paying attention to everything but your own character's animations.

For bleeding edge, yes, appearance should not be a factor. However, for a more casual player, liking your character's appearance and "bonding" with their animations is perfectly valid for enjoyment of the game. I am not fortunate enough to be in a top guild, so I play somewhat casually and when transmog came out, I found myself getting rather unhappy with my undead priest, because nearly everything ended up looking ugly on her...and running old content and showing off fun transmogs was something I enjoyed. So, I race-changed to belf (which, hey, wasn't a bad move) and I am happier in that regard.

I completely stopped playing my first character, a solo-quester hunter, partially because I faction-changed her from nelf to troll and now I can't stand how she looks, whereas before I adored watching her do her thing. Don't discount appearance, visuals and the enjoyment factor - yes, they aren't relevant for min/maxing, but for a more relaxed gameplay, they are pretty big factors to consider.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They're all good, but goblins are the best.

Feytttthhhhhhh, we nee to write our guide soonish.

I have to admit, those female goblins really do rock.

Yeah - with all the new MoP stuff coming out, we should definitely collaborate. I've been doing so much Holy lately, I need to get my Disc back on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

No thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It looks like the women catch a frisbee that's too high... I just imagine that they're trying to make their lady lumps have maximum bounce or something - and thankful that I never am facing my Resto Druid towards the camera. I just don't like Night Elves... no offense to those that do, but they're a little too smurfy for me.
Reply Quote
For pvp human is optimal due to the racial. The spirit helps also. However if you must go horde. I'd pick a UD or BE for looks
Edited by Ferraro on 8/28/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The best thing to do is to think about what is the highest benefit for whatever role you decide on, Healing or DPS. Generally a Troll is best, health regen plus a mini bloodlust in your pocket is pretty good for soloing or raiding as Shadow. If you heal you could consider the Belf as arcane torrent can be useful to get 6% mana back while healing ever 2 min. Ultimately I would switch any class you could to pandaren race once MoP hits. the times 2 food buff is going to be worth more than 1% haste, small casting speed increase on button click and almost any other passive ability.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Arcane torrent has always made me happy in the pants. I will forever love it and miss it when I am not on my priest.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Toss up between Pandaren/Goblin/Troll IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]