The "WoW" period of time coming to an end?

90 Human Death Knight
As far as game mechanics go, i cant see myself leveling past 100. And once i've got 1000k health, thats just silly... cya.

As far as lore goes... sargeras is the big baddy. King of all the baddies. We had an entire expansion revolved around him, and we didnt kill him. Instead we killed the most powerful demon hunter known to azeroth/outland... good job guys!

So now i assume when he shows his face, if we manage to destroy Sargeras, will that be the end of WoW? He's the most powerful force in this universe and the next, and mostly everything we've done up until this point can be traced back to him. The scourge, forsaken, warlocks, demons, Kiljaeden, blood elves, old gods, nearly every evil we faced was directly or indirectly caused by the burning legion.

I picture that a battle with sargeras would destroy azeroth, becuase if he reaches us it's pretty much game over. Plus, how would he even get here? The portal in outland?

But.. after we've "dealt" with sargeras, what else would we do as a player? The old gods theme has been beaten to death this expansion, and the last.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sargeras isn't the big bad. Unleashed Old Gods are stronger. Hell, Other Titans are potentially stronger in raw strength.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There will always be another threat whether it will be against the world villian or between the Alliance and Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2004 - World of Warcraft - Kel'Thuzad (60)
2007 - The Burning Crusade - Kil'jaeden (70)
2008 - Wrath of the Lich King - Arthas (80)
2010 - Cataclysm - Deathwing (85)
2012 - Mists of Pandaria - Garrosh (90)

I think there will be at least two more expansions:

2014 - ?? - Azshara (95)
2016 - ?? - Sargeras (100)

When we get to v7.3 (or whatever) and kill Sargeras, it would 2017 or 2018. I'd call that a good run.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

2014 - ?? - Azshara (95)

When we get to v7.3 (or whatever) and kill Sargeras, it would 2017 or 2018. I'd call that a good run.

Plus the possibility of another Humans vs Orcs expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
08/21/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Ferlion
Sargeras isn't the big bad. Unleashed Old Gods are stronger. Hell, Other Titans are potentially stronger in raw strength.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think we can kill the old gods without killing ourselves. Considering we could even touch them. And if the legion expansion came out, then most likely we would see battles between the legion and old gods. Considering they see each other as a minor annoyance, chances are slim though.
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Ferlion

Sargeras was thier champion, he is stronger.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The television show Angel started under the premise that it was a Vampire with a soul operating in the shadows to help people and fight an company of lawyers dedicated to providing legal assistance to demons.

The show ended its 8th season with said vampire now the head of this evil law firm that was still facilitating the comings and goings of evil demons.

My point is...writers can always come up with new stories. Doesn't matter if they're good or not. Hell, screwing it up seems to be one of the pre-requisites for being a Warcraft story these days.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
This obsession with the end of WOW is not healthy, especially basing it on lore. A great deal of what we've done in WOW since 2004 was created after Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 was for the majority all new as well.

Ideas are NEVER going to be an issue, stories will not either. Blizzard hires some of the most talented and creative people on the planet. When WOW stops making obscene amounts of money things will be evaluated.

It's like you people intrinsically think when WOW runs out of story ideas the gameplay will become intrinsically bad.
Edited by Elrith on 8/23/2012 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin

2014 - ?? - Azshara (95)

K'aresh
argus
xoroth
time expansion
Edited by Desidarius on 8/23/2012 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

2014 - ?? - Azshara (95)

I doubt Azshara will ever be a end game boss.

On a different note, i'm super excited to see how garrosh goes insane and if it's in the beginning of the expansion or towards the end and i wonder if a old god or something is influencing him somehow to become insane.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/22/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Môko

Sargeras was thier champion, he is stronger.

Meaning Sargeras would be stronger than any ONE of them, not that he would be stronger than all of them combined.

I agree that Sargeras isn't the big bad. Because he's terrible at what he does. Seriously, he's lame. He couldn't catch the draenei in 25,000 years, not even with an army of demons. He couldn't take the Well of Eternity - twice! He had the resources of Medivh and Karazhan, and his great plan -- his hand-rubbing, demon-cackling plan -- was to open the Dark Portal. Even his tomb was a disappointment. He reeks of epic failure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
08/23/2012 01:59 AMPosted by Elrith
It's like you people intrinsically think when WOW runs out of story ideas the gameplay will become intrinsically bad.

What do you mean by 'you people'?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This obsession with the end of WOW is not healthy, especially basing it on lore. A great deal of what we've done in WOW since 2004 was created after Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 was for the majority all new as well.

Ideas are NEVER going to be an issue, stories will not either. Blizzard hires some of the most talented and creative people on the planet. When WOW stops making obscene amounts of money things will be evaluated.

I didnt say that WoW would become 'bad', sorry if i gave that impression. What i meant to say was if the 'World of Warcraft' period of time would come to an end. I see it as a period in time, like you would say The Burning Crusade happened over x amount of years.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would not mind if WoW ended at LVL 100 it makes a good spot to create WoW2 and would be a good way of updating the world and changeing the size and shape of the zones, and as well as changing up factions.
Edited by Ddragmire on 8/24/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
SOS

On a different note, i'm super excited to see how garrosh goes insane and if it's in the beginning of the expansion or towards the end and i wonder if a old god or something is influencing him somehow to become insane.

no, Garrosh will be 'sha currupted' there will be a MASSIVE SHA come out of him, called the

'SHA of ALL kinds of negative emotions'

can't u see that coming? im 100000% sure of that
this whole expansion is about SHA in pandaria, garrosh is just to fill it up
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
The thing is, trying to predict where the lore with go isn't going to work.

See, at one point, all the WoW storylines and expacs were wrapping up loose ends from Warcraft II and Warcraft III. With MoP, we are no longer in that point. MoP has introduced tons of new lore and shown that there's areas of Azeroth completely undiscovered and unexplored with all kinds of crazy things going on in them.

I still hope there's a continent in the Veiled Sea (between Kalimdor and EK) on the other side of the planet, where -- when we get there and they find out who we are and where we're from, they get SERIOUSLY ticked off at us for breaking the world in Cataclysm. (Even though, technically, not our fault.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There are many other story-lines that haven't been wrapped up that can lead to another bad-guy for an expansion. I personally do not believe that WoW will be ending because of story. We have all sorts of people that can end up being a bad guy.

Examples:
New Lich King
Kel'Thuzad
Sargeras (of course)
Azshara
Neptulon
Therazane
7th Sha
C'Thun
Yogg-Saron
N'Zoth
Unnamed Old God

Those are just a few examples.

With Therazane and Neptulon, they were previous Old God minions who went good. Just as they can turn good, I assume they can be corrupted just as easily to work for the Old Gods as they did previously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Why not base an expansion on time travel? Here's my idea:

"Throughout history, we have achieved greatness. A long standing era of peace, until things... reversed. Time is undoing it self. The damage of this world is too great, it has activated a self-defense system. Our world as we know it is rewinding, and with it everyone we defeated.

Because of the unleashed madness all at once, the world is completely changed, continents move and are formed, as you travel back 100,000+ years. New factions, new classes, old factions, old classes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]