75% off World of Warcraft -- This Week Only!

(Locked)

Community Manager
Prepare for Pandaria with epic savings! This week only, you can get the World of Warcraft Battle Chest for $5, Wrath of the Lich King for $5, and Cataclysm for $10 when you buy directly from Blizzard. That’s 75% off the regular prices, making this a great time to set yourself up for the imminent launch of Mists of Pandaria… or to invite a friend to join you in Azeroth.

Hurry, this offer ends August 27, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
- World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
Need moar RAF mounts!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I seem to have arrived before people whine that they should get their money back because they paid more 5 years ago. Let's please not whine about getting money back for buying a product the day of release, as opposed to waiting 5 years.
90 Troll Hunter
08/22/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Raziya
Need moar RAF mounts!

Not really. As of next patch every mount will be account wide.
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/22/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Razir
Need moar RAF mounts!

RaF mounts and SoR are not account wide.
90 Undead Hunter
Lol. Incoming cry fest by people claiming they should get their money back or get x number of free months because they paid more.

Nice sale. Hope to meet some newfriends from this.
85 Goblin Death Knight
08/22/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Arianenna

I was on the PTR last night with this character. I was able to use my old rocket from RaF (the grey one) even though it's on my old rogue.
90 Blood Elf Priest

I was on the PTR last night with this character. I was able to use my old rocket from RaF (the grey one) even though it's on my old rogue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6079782196#3
No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.
50 Gnome Warlock
08/22/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Homonculus
Why? What possible "special snowflake" bull!@#$ response could they come up with this time?

They haven't yet. Aside from saying "Yeah, except no" on an increasingly huge number of mounts, they haven't justified why they made the decisions that they've made for the feature.
90 Undead Mage
08/22/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Dopple
I seem to have arrived before people whine that they should get their money back because they paid more 5 years ago. Let's please not whine about getting money back for buying a product the day of release, as opposed to waiting 5 years.

No one appears to be talking about this in the thread.

You are the first person to bring it up.

He who smelled it dealt it. :p
Edited by Drid on 8/22/2012 7:34 PM PDT

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6079782196#3

Why? What possible "special snowflake" <bleep> response could they come up with this time?

Well, let's look at this from a logical point of view. The RAF and SOR are a means to drum up new business/accounts, and reactivate lapsed ones, which means they are an attempt to add more customers to their ranks. If the mounts go account wide, people are less likely to utilize the promotions, because the mount is, let's face it, one of the biggest draws.

It is, purely and simply, a business decision, and one I think is reasonable, given the original intent behind the promotions.

Now those motorcycles on the other hand...
28 Goblin Shaman
So...

Battle chest for $5
WotLK for $5
Cataclysm for $10
MoP for $39.99
$14.99 monthly fee

= 74.99

What a deal!
90 Pandaren Shaman
So...

Battle chest for $5
WotLK for $5
Cataclysm for $10
MoP for $39.99
$14.99 monthly fee

= 74.99

What a deal!
That's cheaper than the LE/CE of some AAA game you'll play for only ~20hr
28 Goblin Shaman
08/22/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Shigar
That's cheaper than the LE/CE of some AAA game you'll play for only ~20hr

...Aaaaand more expensive than Guild Wars 2.

NEXT!
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Awesome. Husband wants the mount and I want a second account so Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Dual Boxin Mages right now RAF style. Spent $5 for battle chest and $5 for WotLK on new account and paid for the first month. (RAF only maintains to lvl 80)

I now get a free month on my first account. Its a great way to go!

So here is what i paid
+$5
+$5
+$15 for first month
-$15 because i don't have to pay that later.
---------------------------------------------------------
Total: $10

Worth it to reduce leveling time by forever +1 day
82 Human Death Knight
I cannot wait to see this travesty flop ... wow has become the place NOT to go. die wow, die painfully with much groaning .... nothings changed its more of the same with different clothing and the same pubescent punks claiming to be wow experts when they wouldn't know the 1st thing about los or how to tank heal or dps if it saved their lives. wow .... pfft .... die wow die
Can we get another server/faction transfer special before MoP comes out?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]