BIG BANG THEORY

100 Tauren Druid
People still watch that show?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
This show got so annoying after a while.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
08/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Tacoso
None of them because it's such a terrible show.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The laugh track is annoying but that aside i really love the show.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Tacoso
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sheldon and Amy.
Edited by Nevintsha on 9/10/2012 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
How can you hate it? I just have to ask.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 9/10/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Human Rogue
09/10/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Srdotsalot

The awful laugh track that appears every 10 seconds within the show.

"Hey guys, I just bought a hamburger!"

*AUDIENCE LAUGHING*

It's a show about stereotypical "nerds" living with a "normal" girl. With the characters making jokes related to "nerd culture" every single episode. I just don't think the show is funny and never will be. Everyone of the characters are annoying and obnoxious. They have to rely on references to video games/comic books/movies every 10 seconds which makes it even worse.

If I want a funny TV show, I'll watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Edited by Misato on 9/10/2012 6:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Penny.
Penny.
Penny.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
09/10/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Srdotsalot

Go on youtube and look up videos of the show with the laugh track removed. just so awkward and un-funny - I don't understand at all how this show is so popular.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
I looked, I liked.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/10/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
Rajesh Koothrappali
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

The awful laugh track that appears every 10 seconds within the show.

"Hey guys, I just bought a hamburger!"

*AUDIENCE LAUGHING*

It's a show about stereotypical "nerds" living with a "normal" girl. With the characters making jokes related to "nerd culture" every single episode. I just don't think the show is funny and never will be. Everyone of the characters are annoying and obnoxious. They have to rely on references to video games/comic books/movies every 10 seconds which makes it even worse.

If I want a funny TV show, I'll watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Indeed...I will not EVER watch anything that has a laugh track. I have to 100% agree with what Bill Cosby said about that: laugh tracks are nothing but a giant insult to the audience: "You aren't smart enough to know when something is funny so we have to tell you".

One of my friends had an episode of that show on once, it was quite literally so bad I couldn't stand more than about a minute of it, and I had to leave the room. Seeing someone else describe it accuately gives me at least SOME hope for intelligence in the future.

EDIT: Actually, I stand corrected. There is exactly ONE thing I saw that had a laugh track that was funny: it was a South Park episode that partially parodied Scooby-Do. The laugh track was done as parody, and what made it funny was Cartman saying: "Who the hell keeps laughing?"
Edited by Mogrigg on 9/21/2012 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
EDIT: Actually, I stand corrected. There is exactly ONE thing I saw that had a laugh track that was funny: it was a South Park episode that partially parodied Scooby-Do. The laugh track was done as parody, and what made it funny was Cartman saying: "Who the hell keeps laughing?"

This made me laugh, I HAVE TO SEE THIS EPISODE!

On another note.... I love The Big Bang Theory. It's funny, and after seeing the original unaired pilot, the way it is now, is so much better than what they wanted originally. They kept some of the same stuff, but only kept 2 characters (3 if you count the Nurse at the !@#$% bank). I do wish they would bring Gilda in for an episode to try out her as a character on the show now. She was funny, kinda like a Howard version of Amy, smart but really sexual needy like Howard! She ruined Sheldon though. Apparently they once participated in coitus and then adding in some other things from Sheldon like his like for big buttocks just makes him not the Sheldon people love today.

Laugh tracks don't bother me. Some really good shows have had laugh tracks. The Cosby Show (some moments with Rudy and Olivia when they're young with Bill, priceless). Just gotta get past it and enjoy the rest, no show is 100% perfect. There will always be that set, that character, that line, that this, that that that you want to change or just never exist.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
A LOT of good shows have laugh tracks. SNL, Friends, The Daily Show, BIG !@#$ING BANG THEORY, and many more. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you'd find some show with a laugh track that you like. There's gotta be hundreds of them.

EDIT: And to people who aren't smart enough to know when to laugh, you guys are idiots.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 9/22/2012 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
A LOT of good shows have laugh tracks. SNL, Friends, The Daily Show, BIG !@#$ING BANG THEORY, and many more. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you'd find some show with a laugh track that you like. There's gotta be hundreds of them.

EDIT: And to people who aren't smart enough to know when to laugh, you guys are idiots.

I'm afraid you are mistaken, none of those shows are any good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

I'm afraid you are mistaken, none of those shows are any good.

^
Any show that has a laugh track, is automatically garbage just because of that one fact. But for the South Park episode in question, here you go: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s03e12-korns-groovy-pirate-ghost-mystery
Edited by Mogrigg on 9/22/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
I don't get you people. But, I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I say all of them are amazing, you hate 'em, whatever. Just one thing: JUST BECAUSE OF THAT ONE FACT? That's a lil' harsh. If you listen to the jokes themselves, a lot of them are actually very good, even without laugh track. How do you think Friends got through 10 seasons? Not by the laugh track itself.

Anyway, again, whatever.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 9/22/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]