somethings wrong with graphics

85 Undead Warlock
in Org all of a sudden since todays maintenance i see tiles in orgrimmar from the metal sidewalks all breaking apart with lines and stuff through it, and some objects, like parts of walls, spikes, support beams are looking glitchy ish, anybody else having this problem? ive opened a ticket, and the response did not help at all, they said to reset interface, and i did, and it didnt fix anything.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
08/21/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Revlol
in Org all of a sudden since todays maintenance i see tiles in orgrimmar from the metal sidewalks all breaking apart with lines and stuff through it, and some objects, like parts of walls, spikes, support beams are looking glitchy ish, anybody else having this problem? ive opened a ticket, and the response did not help at all, they said to reset interface, and i did, and it didnt fix anything.

Your video card is overheating. If it's one of the newer nvidia card then install ntune and set fan speed to 60-70% or 100% if you are fine with the noise.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

Your video card is overheating. If it's one of the newer nvidia card then install ntune and set fan speed to 60-70% or 100% if you are fine with the noise.

Its not overheating, laptop is very cool atm, and this just started happening today, never before.
*also the terrain is trying to overlap eachother, and im not the only one who is seeing this.
Edited by Revlol on 8/21/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight

Its not overheating, laptop is very cool atm, and this just started happening today, never before.

Then it's either the driver issue or hardware.

Does lowering to low quality make them go away?
Edited by Aligatro on 8/21/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

No, even on low they still do the same thing, All of the settings recomend the High / good settings to be using aswell.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight

No, even on low they still do the same thing, All of the settings recomend the High / good settings to be using aswell.

Try switching to DX9 or DX10 mode(depending on what is currently selected) in advanced settings.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

Try switching to DX9 or DX10 mode(depending on what is currently selected) in advanced settings.

on X9 already, and the other only available option is X11
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Are you running Nvidia? The new drivers for the 500 series are horrible and don't work well with WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
08/21/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Hoyce
Are you running Nvidia? The new drivers for the 500 series are horrible and don't work well with WoW.

lawl ive got no idea, m17x Alienware laptop is about all i know got it as a gift while back
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I think Alienware runs nvidia mostly... Go to Nvidia's website and see what the scan says your graphics card is and if the drivers are from after February set them back to the ones released in February or January. That is if they actually turn out to be a 500 series Nvidia card. I had a problem with the latest drivers when they did maintenance the time before this one..
Edited by Hoyce on 8/21/2012 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
08/21/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Hoyce
I think Alienware runs nvidia mostly... Go to Nvidia's website and see what the scan says your graphics card is and if the drivers are from after February set them back to the ones released in February or January. That is if they actually turn out to be a 500 series Nvidia card. I had a problem with the latest drivers when they did maintenance the time before this one..

Uh what heading has the scan?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]