ATROCITIES! and WAR CRIMES! of the horde.

90 Night Elf Hunter
It makes me roll my eyes when I see Human and Worgen posters use overblown language to describe tactics of the Orcs and Forsaken.

In game the only NPC who seems to care about "war crimes" is Garrosh. He tells Sylvanas not to use the Blight, and kills a general who uses a WMD on a neutral civilian druid enclave. No one in game seems to care more that southshore was melted vs. everyone in camp taurujo stabbed to death.

WOW is a "total war" scenario. Garrosh wants to genocide the Alliance, and XXXXXXXXX

Edited: I was wrong, the alliance is for lovers, they would never kill a non-combatant ever. Still I feel constantly saying "ATROCITIES" is a bit much.
Edited by Threeslotbag on 8/26/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
08/26/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Varian Wrynn has said a few times he wants to murder every Orc man/woman/child on the planet.

Then you should have no problem with proof, eh?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
and Varian Wrynn has said a few times he wants to murder every Orc man/woman/child on the planet.

Name one instance where he has said anything like this.

Can you name even one?
Edited by Vyrin on 8/26/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Only thing I can think of that even remotely resembles that is Varian's commentary near the end of Battle for the Undercity.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
08/26/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Marriama
Only thing I can think of that even remotely resembles that is Varian's commentary near the end of Battle for the Undercity.

Where he says he wants to disband the Horde. Which is exactly what he's going to do at Siege of Orgrimmar.

Nothing about "murdering every Orc man woman and child on the planet."

This is hilarious. Threeslotbag makes a topic about how he's sick of the Alliance using "overblown language" to describe the actions of the Horde and closes with this gem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Here we go (per Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13377/the-battle-for-the-undercity)

King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.
King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Right. Nothing about killing every Orc on the planet. He wants the Horde gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
That's still nothing close to "I want to kill every last Orc baby."

In fact the Alliance will be making it a point not to harm civilians and maybe even rescue them during our portion of the raid.
Reply Quote
To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves.

Pretty sure disband does not mean murdering every last orc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/26/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Mordstreich
That's still nothing close to "I want to kill every last Orc baby."

In my mind he was a lot more aggressive in Wrathgate. It's been a few years since I did it and in my mind he yelled a lot about "I'm going to kill you thrall AND ALL YOUR KIND! RAR!"

I had no idea he was such a snugly bunny now that just wants to give the horde huggies and kissies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Garrosh wants to genocide the Alliance, and Varian Wrynn has said a few times he wants to murder every Orc man/woman/child on the planet.

In the words of Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor... WRONNNGG!!!

Chris Metzen on the Siege of Orgrimmar:
Well, one of the main side quests is Varian being very specific: "Protect the kids. We're not here to conquer these people; we're here to bring down a guy that needs bringin' down." So imagine artillery, imagine the soldiers -- it's gonna be horrific -- but Varian saying, "We're the good guys. We're not here to massacre or enact vengeance on these people. They've been put upon by a bad man."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think the point was that there is too much charged language in some peoples' posts. I agree with him.
Edited by Kokyo on 8/26/2012 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I also agree. This must be Varian's fault somehow.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

In my mind he was a lot more aggressive in Wrathgate. It's been a few years since I did it and in my mind he yelled a lot about "I'm going to kill you thrall AND ALL YOUR KIND! RAR!"

I had no idea he was such a snugly bunny now that just wants to give the horde huggies and kissies.

He's aggressive, sure. But he's not anywhere close to the level of Garrosh. The troll emissaries walking away from Stormwind with their heads still on their shoulders is proof of that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/26/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Kroxxigar
I also agree. This must be Varian's fault somehow.....

GENOCIDE!!!!

Oh sorry... what came over me?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, I think a better way to describe that whole mana bomb thing would be "Faux pas" rather than "war crime" or "atrocity" or "morally reprehensible".

And we should call Garrosh's stated mission of killing every Alliance on Azeroth more of a "Morally subjective crusade" rather than "Genocide"

I'm also being facetious.
Edited by Mordstreich on 8/26/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/26/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Yeah, I think a better way to describe that whole mana bomb thing would be "Faux pas" rather than "war crime" or "atrocity" or "morally reprehensible".

I thought Garrosh sent in ground troops and they failed. So he manabombed the wall/siege tanks area. Then he sent in ground troops and they won.

Rather than "ATROCITY" and "WAR CRIME" to me that sounds like "war". If your stated goal is the kill a whole lot of people at a military base, what makes it an war crime instead of just a war?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought Garrosh sent in ground troops and they failed. So he manabombed the wall/siege tanks area. Then he sent in ground troops and they won.

His ground troops lose.

Rather than "ATROCITY" and "WAR CRIME" to me that sounds like "war". If your stated goal is the kill a whole lot of people at a military base, what makes it an war crime instead of just a war?

The Scourging of Lordaeron wasn't an atrocity or war crime, it was just war.

See?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/26/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
what makes it an war crime instead of just a war?

From what I've heard the mana bomb was an incredibly excruciating death for everyone involved and it rips a hole in the fabric of time and space and destroys alternate realities of Theramore.
Edited by Mordstreich on 8/26/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/26/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Mordstreich
what makes it an war crime instead of just a war?

From what I've heard the mana bomb was an incredibly excruciating death for everyone involved and it rips a hole in the fabric of time and space and destroys alternate realities of Theramore.

So the extent to which it destroyed the military target is what makes it a war crime? So were is the line drawn? What if, say, the bomb merely leveled the entire city killing all of the inhabitants (civilian and military) either instantly or through a slow, painful death?

Would that make it a bit more okay?

Where is this imaginary scale? :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]