Bounty of a Sundered Land -stupidest idea eva

86 Troll Rogue
just to digress a little I do think this is a very good idea "but" its like saying if you guys can play nice we are taking your ball.
you have a good solution to the inapropriate rolling on items. But then you take away the benifit to doing the RF in the first place .And so you know its not to learn the progression .
If it were the progressiopn would'nt change when you run your guild thru without RF.
Its so that others can see the content if they dont want to run with a guild or be apart of a guild so all the work is not waisted on a few.
That being said it seems you are once again are punising the casual player.
When the concentration should be on eliminating the instegator from the picture. Those players that will do anything to crush other players gaming experiance whom like the game i might add .But what do i know i have just been playing this game since the begining
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
25 man raiding died when they made the change in that the SAME gear drops from 25 man that 10 man drops now. Being a 25 man RL every now and then previously in the older expansions i found it more enjoying to run a 25 man when there is BETTER and different loot than that which drops from 10 man. Why do 25 man anymore when you can get the same gear from 10 man? Thats Blizz's error on that one if they didnt want 25 man raiding to die.

The new system will, (in the long run) have the effect that Blizz is seeking.

If the drop rates are SO bad and people arent gearing up as fast as they feel they should, what is thier next option?

Return to Normal Raiding to get gear.

Blizz has already admitted that 25 man Raiding is slowly dying.What better way to get people back in their Guild and doing normal 25 man raids instead of LFR?

Take away the motivation to run LFR over Normal...move the carrot from the LFR stick to the 25m Raid stick. Players will go where the gear is, the popularity of LFR is proof.

Brilliant on Blizzs part.

I think one of the reasons why they came out with LFR to begin with is to get people "geared" enough to satisfy Pug/guild raid leaders that would rather want toons that are experienced enough to get into a Nornal raid. Im sure there was so much complaints over people not being able to get into raids because of their gearscore/ilvl and that they didnt have any experience of the fight. When people have done RF or have RF gear it is easier for RL's to decide on a suitable choice to fill a raid spot. I think that many people "assume" that it is easy for people with dungeon gear to get into normal raids. Its not, for anyone who has been or who is on a server that is very keen on taking on the best geared/exp. toons for even pug raids. RF was trying to fix this issue. Any raid leader knows that since RF it is easier to teach someone a Normal DS Boss fight after they have seen raid finder than not. A good, easy, and quick way to know that they have been through is to look at their gear now. Its easier to inspect them in game then tab out while dealing with other whispers. And like i said before it is NOT taking advantage of the system when before you could bring a guild run of LFR or roll on items that other guildies may need. Like i said. Everyone got a fair chance. If they DIDNT win the roll that was their loss. Its no different than having pugs from all different servers rolling on the same item against someone even if they didnt need it anyway so whats really the difference. All in all there was always a fair chance. A ROLL.

As to another point in the post quoted. The reason why it is better doing guild LFR than the normal 25 man was that it was easier and a better way to get the guild group more experienced with new fights. It was a fast way to get guildies geared enough to progress at a fair and seeminly less painless pace than have 25 people bashing their heads against a Normal raid boss. Taking away LFR wont bring back 25 man raiding any quicker unless they change the loot as they did in ICC or ToC. The point once again to guild running 25 man RF is for the raidfinder gear to get people better prepaired for Normal modes. Now itll just deter 25 man raiding for normal even more. Taking more time to gear up 25 people = slower progression through and to 25 man raiding.

Instead of changing the system as they did, they could've just tweaked it a bit. Example: in certain quests you cannot recieve the same item 2 times. Even if the item is in your bank it will still not let you recieve another one of those items. Even though it would've taken much more time to tweak this system im sure they could've set it up this way. This is so that even people with the RF tier for once set cannot win the same tier to gear up their other set/spec. If someone has a RF set for one spec they can atleast have a better chance to get into Normal raiding than having dungeon gear. If then you change your mind but have 2 RF items but want a different set for a different spec instead of what you have already then simply destroy what you have and start over. This could help eliminate those that que in as heals because they already have a full set for their dps spec/tank spec, or vise-versa. Even if it is in RF 8 times out of 10 if someone qued in as heals and they're actually dpsing the whole time they would be kicked by the group. It always makes people THINK about what spec they want to gear up first. You could also, after you get normal gear for one set sell/delete the RF set for that spec and que in as your other spec with gear it up. This could encourage more people to go to Normal mode quicker.

Now you just have to hope that your "radom rolls" against a cpu are good enough for loot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Or since they intend on keeping this system make the items won from the "Cpu random rolls" to be able to be traded to anyone in the raid. So that if you win an item you have or have better you can give your item away. No one will know what you've won anyway so no compaining about that from anyone....
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Good luck running Dragon Soul LFR for transmog gear. You might get the pieces you want in 65 years or so.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
In the old days of WoW, you didn't get loot unless the raid leader gave you loot. Getting a satchel may not be exciting, but it's certainly loads better than getting absolutely nothing.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Mage
07/06/2016 12:07 AMPosted by Djugashvili
Good luck running Dragon Soul LFR for transmog gear. You might get the pieces you want in 65 years or so.

Yes it's very frustrating isn't it. Needs a fix,
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
Nearly four years. I've seen better.
Edited by Deathanddrek on 7/6/2016 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Blizzard needs to start auto locking topics that haven't been posted in after a specific period of time.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
07/06/2016 05:15 AMPosted by Volfe
Blizzard needs to start auto locking topics that haven't been posted in after a specific period of time.

Started a thread with this exact point once. Basically got told that Blizz keeps them open for a reason. I can see keeping them readable, just lock to prevent new posts on it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743574446#1
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/06/2016 05:27 AMPosted by Troggles
07/06/2016 05:15 AMPosted by Volfe

Started a thread with this exact point once. Basically got told that Blizz keeps them open for a reason. I can see keeping them readable, just lock to prevent new posts on it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743574446#1

What possible reason could they have? Necroing is against the rules, is it just a trap so they can give people forum vacations with due cause?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]