[H] <Single Female Tauren> - 1/6 HM MSV LFM

90 Goblin Death Knight
Single Female Tauren is a 10 man raiding guild on Boulderfist.

We are recruiting self reliant members for "casual" but quick progression. This guild being based on a tight core of experienced raiders, we plan on pushing through the latest content quickly and efficiency, without making it your second job. We killed HM Madness with the 15% nerf back at the beginning of March which landed us a top 2500 world rank(#487 US 10 man). We are currently 1/6 HM MSV and 1/6 Norm HOF.

Our roster is mostly intact, but we are still looking to recruit players with similar skill, focus, time constraints, and personality to join our team. Raid times are 3 nights a week(Tue/Wed/Thurs) for 3 hours starting a 5:30 PST.

Class Needs:
Warlock
Rogue
Shaman - Ele/Resto
Even if your class is not listed please feel free to apply. All exceptional applications will be considered.

Our Philosophy
As outlined before, we are a guild looking for people who want to be challenged with difficult content, not with stumbling over players with poor skill and commitment. We believe that Raiding does not have to consume your schedule, but at the same time this does not have to have slow progression.

We foster an enviroment of equal respect. While our management will have a selected "raid leader", we believe that one is not necessary if all 10 people are capable of working together and being self-reliant. Our position as management is simply to make sure this enviroment is upheld.

What <Single Female Tauren> offers you:
• A raiding core capable of killing heroic bosses while maintaining a schedule that allows for a life outside the game.
• A competitive yet friendly raid enviroment. We have fun while killing new bosses but players below the average skill level of the raid are actively replaced.
• Repairs, gems and enchants are provided by the guild bank to raider ranked players.
• You will be recruited for a core raiding spot in the guild, not for the bench.

What <Single Female Tauren> needs from you:
• Above all else, be motivated to kill heroic bosses.
• Near perfect raid attendance is expected.
• Know your class! Aim to be at the forefront of your classes theorycrafting for the current raiding tier.
• Come to raids with as much knowledge of current boss fights you can find. Being a 9-12 hour per week raiding guild, we don't have time to rush into fights blind when information is readily available.

Loot Philosophy
Our loot distribution is a "Loot Council". Our guild should be in a position where we can collectivley decide who needs what without squabbling, with Officers being the ones making the final call. Loot priorty will be based on the following criteria.

How much loot you have already recieved
Best in slot/ how much of an upgrade.
Seniority and Attendance.

Attendance Philosophy
This is a guild of friends, and unannounced no-shows are not acceptable. Post on the forums if you are unable to attend a raid as soon as you know this is the case. We understand that people will need to miss raids on occasion, but consistent lack of attedance will lead to replacement for the sake of maintaing progression for the rest of the guild.

If Interested please go to singlefemaletauren.guildlaunch.com and post an app or contact Darkfrosty, Dhuma or Dpow in game. Thanks for your time.
Edited by Darkfrosty on 11/2/2012 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Bump
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What does Senority mean???????????????????????
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Bump looking for any exceptional players right now to fill the last few spots.

Main classes we are still looking for are:
Druid - Tank or Feral DPS
Rogue
Warlock
Priest
Monk - Tank or DPS
even if your class is not listed feel free to apply we have multiple members willing to play different classes to make the raid comp work.

Doing quick HM DS clears every Tuesday and would love to have some new recruits to tryout.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What does senority mean thoughhhhh
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
catering to seniority is a huge turnoff to recruits because you in part are saying even if you are better then the person they will get the item which as far as helping a raid and getting !@#$ done is pretty much 100% counter productive

No offense but you are actually the first guild I have ever seen actually list that as a factor in a loot council decision...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Senority = Seniority

Also loot council has always stated seniority does play an active part in how loot is handled; this is just to make consideration for long time players who are still performing at a high level not some bad players being protected to get loot.

If this is the first guild you have ever seen list that as a factor in a loot council than you are totally clueless and should look around. Most guilds list it as a factor and the world first Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury went to a Rogue over a Hunter because they were a new recruit over the Rogue who was there longer ( 2 years?).

Plenty of guilds I have been part of that had loot council or something of that nature had a seniority clause.

Also what stops people from guild hopping or server transferring with their new Legendary items while still a recruit??

Tough question but please answer that question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
1 - "vodka awards all loot via loot council. We distribute loot based on many factors, including raid attendance, seniority(how long you've been in the guild), and previous loot received. There are also other factors, but they are not listed here because they often change."

Every guild has that one class that always is slow to fill because the recruits leave after 1 or maybe 2 weeks into their trial; why give them tokens / items when your main raiders or core raiders are still showing up months later and will be somewhat discouraged after seeing their tokens being handed out unwisely.

I do not want to derail this recruitment thread but I just wanted to clarify this before people saw a bad claim about your loot policy and believed it to be true. "Seniority" or "guild loyalty" does exist in most loot councils other wise those few guilds are loot piñatas to be used by random people who do not even raid. Most recruits expect to have to prove themselves first and also be dedicated before expecting loot their very first raid or few raids anyway.

Good luck with your recruitment and hopefully you get really good people.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The last few posts are the story of my life. Mediocrity success achieved through friendships.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What are you talking about? 2 Hunters were passed over for the bow. A pretty good upgrade for ranged when Ammo was still being used back then over the Rogue who did not need it except as a stat stick. By your own logic, you are fine with this but have a negative opinion when another guild does the same thing? The hunters were in the guild and could have used the ranged attack speed and no ammo to help the overall raid.

"Though I can't speak for Kharhaz on this matter I can see why he would want to give Analogkid priority on this over Tums and Zzerg."

I like how I do not remember this and my common sense is so low because a raid would give a loyal rogue loot over 2 hunters that were in the guild for about a month already and were Members. So no, this was 2 hunters getting passed over for loot "and" it rightfully should have gone to the Rogue per my seniority and loyalty clauses. Even if the hunters were members and 3 months into their guild status; the rogue would have received the bow anyway.

Clarify somethings for me then:

1 - "No !@#$ you don't give a recruit gear at all for the most part unless it will be disenchanted"

- "catering to seniority is a huge turnoff to recruits"

What are you talking about in those 2 statements because if the recruit does not get gear at all than why is seniority a huge turn off?

Why does a Rogue get automatic access to a bow which is designed primarily for Hunters? Catering to the Rogue was a mistake in your opinion because 2 members were passed over loot?

2 - "in turn forces you to keep mediocre players develop a friendship and they in the end achieve seniority despite their skill level."

Wait so you are saying the best players in your guild are mediocre and expect to be given loot for seniority? Every guild in the world has a few lackluster raiders that may be at a core level but will never get the best upgrades over other core members who are much better than them in terms of not dying, doing dps, and following mechanics. If somehow all the bad players make it into the core status and all the good players are in the member status or recruits; you are in a bad guild period.

The best and most reliable players will always be given loot or legendaries regardless of how many other people are at the core level. If you think a few bad people at the top are getting loot than you have an issue with the GM or officers being carried and giving themselves loot.

A system which rewards loyalty also gets more reliable raiders who do not take breaks during progression and show up after everything is on farm. With your system everyone is equal and should receive the same consideration; no wonder people disappear when they do not get what they want and come back when they feel like it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I stand by my previous statement calling you an idiot.... I only just realized you were the kid who wanted to bash me every chance he got back in the DS threads lol

Cherry pick your situations all you want, but if was wrong which I very well may have been about the bow the only reason people know about it is because it was controversial and the majority of the player base that followed the story didn't understand why they would give it to a rogue just because he was there longer.

1 - "No !@#$ you don't give a recruit gear at all for the most part unless it will be disenchanted"

- "catering to seniority is a huge turnoff to recruits"

What are you talking about in those 2 statements because if the recruit does not get gear at all than why is seniority a huge turn off?

Why does a Rogue get automatic access to a bow which is designed primarily for Hunters? Catering to the Rogue was a mistake in your opinion because 2 members were passed over loot?

In the first line I am referring to recruits as players who join the guild under a trial status before they achieve the *should be* fair and equal (loot wise I guess) status of a raider. In the second line I was referring to potential recruits as in the people looking for a new guild because with seniority put as a factor it basically reads that even once they become a raider officially loot can still be passed on them solely because they joined later regardless of how much they may be benefiting the guild.

When I promote a person to a raider they have earned my trust and so long as them acquiring the gear is the largest possible benefit to raid which in turn means more bosses and more loot then I would give it to them without hesitation. I don't care about gear in the slightest but gear is just a cushion for getting a boss dead so I put a high value on it from a raid leading standpoint.

As for addressing your second point you sure have a way of pulling random !@#$ out of a sentence... The whole goal of leading a successful raid would be to eliminate players that aren't carrying their wait and in theory have a raid of members who pull more than their own weight. Fabulous at it's peak did have a lot of amazing players and the rest were pretty good and for an example of the friendship we had a dps who was absolutley garbage and we talked to him about it several times and he could never bring it up, but the problem was that we could not find a worthwhile replacement that wouldn't of needed replacing themselves which in turned forced us to keep him and he at one point was the most geared person on the server out of sheer luck. towards the end of 4.3 he was replaced and I have no regrets about how it was handled because my guild itself had no backing for a flow of decent recruits so I was stuck to make due with what I had until I could achieve a respectable status and therefore up the quality of recruits which would want to join.

Now that I have explained the points I made in my previous point for the idiot that is Appears... unless you make a point that I feel suggesting I probably won't reply because I hate posting short stories to explain obvious concepts to the realm's reason-less arguer...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Call me whatever you want but at least you understand the fallacy of your arguments. If you read the two previous statements: How much loot you have already received + Best in slot/ how much of an upgrade; you could easily infer all the best players are raiders and at the same level and would be getting loot spread out fairly unless it came to something very controversial which would be given to the most loyal player to ensure everyone understands being loyal and reliable does get rewarded at some point in the future.

Every guild including yours and mine have the same issues but we do not unfairly hand loot to the best players while the 1 or 2 bad raiders get nothing; they still contributed to helping fill the raid and pass the encounter. There is no way a loot council will ever gear up the senior members only while the other members get nothing; so your potential recruits being hurt by seniority is still not making sense.

I do not cherry pick my situations, I am only going by your own posts and logic mostly; I am awaiting your glorious explanation for when you fall to Cute or another guild come Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I don't think you are reading my posts.... anyways I only argue on the internet because my !@#$% is really really small.... how about you?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/30/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Berìct
I don't think you are reading my posts.... anyways I only argue on the internet because my !@#$% is really really small.... how about you?

If your !@#$%es are as big as the walls of text you write, call me maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Could I call you anyways....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Maybe
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Why so much drama?

Loot council is pretty damn easy in a 10 man guild. Not sure how that turns people off Berict at this point I would hope anyone applying would know seniority will be taken into consideration and I really doubt we are the first guild you have seen put seniority in their loot council criteria . You do also notice that it is the last thing taken into consideration when deciding who gets loot.

Anyway thanks for the bumps guys no need to fight tho plenty of Single Female Taurens for all of you.

Haven't seen you on in a while Berict are you raiding on Boulderfist in MOP? Same question for you Sam?
Edited by Darkfrosty on 8/31/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Probably not after Cataclysm and how "wonderful" it went for my raiding "scene". Unless something dramatic changes I probably will just stick to becoming the best Pokemon master on Boulderfist.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Undecided a few people from Fabulous want me to keep it going but if I have to put in much recruiting work I will probably call the guild off since I rebuilt 2 guilds in cata and not looking to start MoP the same way... So if Fabulous does fall through there is a very very slim chance I will be staying on Bfist let alone raid here. Large part of that is the schedule i'm forced to raid on here goes much too late then I would prefer living in the central time zone, but of course I don't much care for a large amount of Bfist's population which I feel safe saying here since I am mostly referring to the ones who don't even know what a forum is)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]