Pets, mounts, & achievements

90 Troll Druid
[quote]

This will be an issue until Mists releases - on CROSS BATTLE.NET transfers.

You have a couple options. You could contact Billing and ask this be reversed and wait for Mists to release - or wait till release, cage your pets and hand them over.

After release, you'll STILL need to cage your pets to take them with - or hand over, but caging functionality just isn't in yet.

Thanks for the reply. It's too late for me but you REALLY need to put a warning on the transfer confirmation page - what is that, 5 min labor editing HTML? This stuff is in no way intuitive, that all kinds of account-wide stuff like mounts, heirlooms, archeology epics, blizzard store items etc transfer to a new battlenet just fine, but suddenly every pet down to the Orgr cockroach are euthanized? I still don't get what caging is and if it can transfer every pet, but after MoP launches you need yet another warning on the website because I 100% guarantee no one is going to just guess they need to cage 500 pets prior to account transfer.
08/30/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Orlyia
There should also be a release option on that menu. That permanently destroys the pet and removes it from the list. Any common pets you wish to discard duplicates of could be destroyed this way to tidy up a list - or for some, make room. Now, I've not tried the delete option yet myself,

Why are there two functions that do the same thing? What's the difference between Release and Delete?

EDIT: Found a post saying there is only one function...Release.
Edited by Serpens on 8/31/2012 11:59 AM PDT
Okay, let's say I wanted to move characters between BNet accounts.

I would lose all my pets (which would be disastrous tbh :/) UNLESS I waited until MoP released and then went through the trouble of caging ~100 pets (not even mentioning the rares I would not be able to box), but what about the mounts?

Do mounts get copied over during a BNet to BNet transfer?

(All edits were made because I am unable to correctly type on my keyboard today. *sighs*)
Edited by Valaaia on 8/31/2012 12:53 PM PDT
90 Draenei Mage
Wait... am I understanding this right? Is it saying that if I have four or five hard to obtain holiday pets of the same type (fire sprites and other similar pets) that I will only get to keep three or four of them? (the numbers are conflicted right now, not sure whether three or four is the correct number). I took a lot of time getting my pets on each of my characters, and I was looking forward to perhaps trading some to people who don't have them, but now trading them isn't going to be available until Mists comes out AND any creatures above three or four of the same type disappear? This feels like all my time invested in getting these pets on each of my characters has been wasted.
90 Worgen Rogue
Not sure what I did wrong but have logged onto each and every one of my toons on my active accounts but the achievement points I have on this one, my main, is not showing correctly in armory.
Support Forum Agent
08/31/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Ellysetta
Since my topic got no answer, perhaps I'll have more luck here. I just got a tiny flamefly and an Alliance Balloon on my lvl 55 human hunter. I DO NOT HAVE THESE on my account at all. These pets were totally new. I cannot add them to my pet list for some reason. Even the lowbie who EARNED them through questing can't summon them. What is up with this?

I am seeing both of those pets on your list, Ellysetta. Wondering if this may not be some type of display error. Do note, there are different kinds of pets now. Some are Battle.net wide (within a region) and should show on all characters within a Battle.net. Some are character specific, and some are faction specific and will only show to all on one faction or the other.

Have you tried a full reset UI?
Support Forum Agent
08/31/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Layn
Wait... am I understanding this right? Is it saying that if I have four or five hard to obtain holiday pets of the same type (fire sprites and other similar pets) that I will only get to keep three or four of them? (the numbers are conflicted right now, not sure whether three or four is the correct number). I took a lot of time getting my pets on each of my characters, and I was looking forward to perhaps trading some to people who don't have them, but now trading them isn't going to be available until Mists comes out AND any creatures above three or four of the same type disappear? This feels like all my time invested in getting these pets on each of my characters has been wasted.

Eventually, yes. Right now if you already have them - logging into the character should put duplicates in your list (unless they are considered unique). Once Mists launches, the caging functionality should be in place to cage up your extras. Now, whether specific pets may have some trading restrictions in place, that I simply cannot tell you at this time.
90 Worgen Priest
In addition to my previous post. I am also interested in understanding the functionality of the auction house from the point of view of account wide pets and mounts. Currently the AH allows you to opt in to unobtained pets on a 'per character' basis but does not allow you to distingush on an 'account-wide' basis.

Are you likely to include this functionality in the future?
Support Forum Agent
In addition to my previous post. I am also interested in understanding the functionality of the auction house from the point of view of account wide pets and mounts. Currently the AH allows you to opt in to unobtained pets on a 'per character' basis but does not allow you to distingush on an 'account-wide' basis.

Are you likely to include this functionality in the future?

Excellent question, but I don't have an answer at the moment. This might be a query to post over in bugs.
100 Night Elf Druid
I have two accounts and am wondering...if I upgrade one account with the collector's edition and the other account with the a standard upgrade, will both accounts get the pet and mount with the new account wide system? Or will I need to purchase the collectors edition for both?
@Syrinna both accounts get the mount and pet - provided they are on the same BNet.
Edited by Valaaia on 9/2/2012 8:35 AM PDT
100 Draenei Priest
I have three issues / concerns that I would like to address.

1) There are several duplicates of pets in my inventory.

2) Pets have reduced in size? They were small to begin with but now... Even the pet biscuit doesn't seem to allow them to work like they used to.

3) When we zone into and out of an instance the pet disappears?

4) For some reason while fishing or just hanging out the pet disappears.

5) While fishing (may be my fishing addon not sure, just a complaint) When I use either Outfitter or the in game equipment gear change. My fishing pets don't automatically spawn when my "Fishing gear" is equipped.

Just idle thoughts.
Thank-you
What happened to my Pet. I had the Spirit of Competition pet on this toon and it is gone now. I put a ticket in and a GM tells me since I don't have the achievement but he sees i have a tabbard and then closes my ticket out with no ability for response. How is that to be when the 2008 Olympics were before achievements. I just like to get my pet back especially since you cannot get it anymore. It not too hard to look at my history and see I was in pvp back then a few times.
100 Night Elf Druid
I log in with one battle.net email and then it asks me to choose which "Account". SO you are saying that would apply?
09/02/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Syrinna
I log in with one battle.net email and then it asks me to choose which "Account". SO you are saying that would apply?

Yap, you're good to go. :)
100 Human Mage
just to add my 2c to this.. since there was supposedly no limit after the migration .. there must be as now i am at something like 539 pets and can't learn anymore because i am over the 500 cap or whatever. please someone give a solid answer on this so i don't have to go through and starting releasing my extra companions.
90 Night Elf Druid
I have been collecting vanity pets on my priest alt and with the new patch (and the account wide pet sharing) I got the achievement "Menagerie" (127 pets are showing). Unfortunately, I haven't received the Brilliant Kaliri pet that I was supposed to get with the achievement. Anyone else having this problem?
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]