Pets, mounts, & achievements

100 Human Warrior
I hope I am speaking for many of your customers, even if we are a minority. I have had a WOW account for over 2 years now, and I have never been interested in playing for Dungeons and only go into them for the World Event items. Also, I barely enter battlegrounds, although I visit them more often than dungeons.

What caught and held my interest within this game was the achievements. Now, all my alts get credit for things they've never done because my level 85 has done a LOT of achievements? Back when the major Cat patch came out, you guys totally hosed my level 85 on quest achievements. She had completed hundreds of quests in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms (she had the achievement for EACH continent prior to Cat), and after the change, she only had credit for about 20 quests on each continent. Each zone was now listed individually, and each one either listed 0 or a few quests. How in the world could I have completed the Hemet Nessingwary achievement with only 3 quests in Stranglethorn????

I submitted an issue on that topic, and it was never corrected. It still chaffs.

But now, I cannot track my characters' progress by the number of quests completed in each zone. I used my quest achievements to track my progress within a zone, and to decide where to take my toon next.

Also, I do not want my Level 29 toon to be able to wear the title 'The Hallowed' because she's not. She didn't complete the All Hallow's achievements and earn that right. The titles don't mean anything now if every alt can wear them. You can see another character in the game wearing the title 'The Explorer' and you can't be sure that character has really explored. All you know is that, at some time in the past, the owner of that account took 1 character to every zone in Azeroth. I understand, of course, that if I don't want her to wear the title, I just don't have to put it on her. Right. But now if I want her to earn it for herself, the achievement is already awarded to her! What do I do? Run her through them anyway, and keep a journal?

I have even tolerated rude comments/behavior repeatedly within the game. I have been standing next to some water, fishing, and minding my own business. I fish for the achievements and rewards. Other players have run back and forth in front of me, blocking my view of my bobber. Others have approached me, mocked the fact that I am fishing, and told me I have "fail gear." (Sorry, I didn't ask your opinion.) I tolerated these things because I really enjoyed earning achievements, checking things off lists, collecting,...

Fighting/battling is just a means to the end I want: the Achievement. And now, sadly, it feels as if you have taken that away from me. Please change the game back.
Edited by Jovie on 9/4/2012 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
They aren't going to change it back, Jovie - but I do totally understand your viewpoint.

I tend to go for achievements myself.

Not all achievements are account wide. Even the ones that are, if you switch to incomplete and see them on the list THAT toon still needs them. Personally, that's what I'll be doing and my sense of accomplishment will be from clearing those lists :) They'll still show in the listing till that particular character clears them - even though they are colored with what historically meant complete (gold).

It's a change - but if you truly wish those that make those kinds of decisions to see your thoughts, the achievement forum - or general would be better. They don't come to CS.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/03/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Lilleas
just to add my 2c to this.. since there was supposedly no limit after the migration .. there must be as now i am at something like 539 pets and can't learn anymore because i am over the 500 cap or whatever. please someone give a solid answer on this so i don't have to go through and starting releasing my extra companions.

There is apparently a hard cap with migration - but it's fairly high.

The 3 per did NOT count in that.

The 500 limit while not for migration WILL keep you from learning any more till you go under it.

You may need to hang onto your new pets till after release of mists when you can cage up your extras.

Personally, I spent a couple hours this weekend going through mine and getting rid of duplicates of the common store bought pets - and pets that were tagged as not being able to be transferred. Got my number down from nearly 900 - to just a bit over 500. Soon as I can cage, that shouldn't be an issue at all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Thank you Orlyia. Having been through other changes, and after not getting a response to having the achievements for hundreds of completed quests robbed from me last time, I barely held a glimmer of hope for change. I suppose I'd hoped there were more people like me who would complain.

I've never used a forum before. These changes are so deeply upsetting to me that I sought this out. I will try to find the forum you suggested.

Also, thanks for the tip to set the log to incomplete. I have not noticed that option. Frankly, when these major patches come out, the changes are usually so upsetting, I do not have the heart to read the patch notes. (And I'm sure some people will react with derision at that statement.)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I was wondering if say I have a certain mount/pet/achievement on a character and it is now available on all my characters. If I delete the character I earned that mount/pet/achievement on do I lose it or is it embedded into my account not that character?
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Priest
I guess the clarification I'm looking for is this.... There is supposedly going to be a cap of 500. I'm fine with waiting to cage them, but WHEN is that cap going to be implemented? I currently have just over 600 toy pets. When MoP launches, will I be able to cage the extra pets over 500? Or will the cap of 500 be put in place at the launch of MoP and when I log in my list will be cut to 500?

(Basically, do I have to delete down to under 500 pets before MoP's release?)
Edited by Turandotte on 9/4/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That cap has been implemented. You currently cannot learn more pets once you hit or are over 500.

You can go through your list and delete the extras, or you can wait until MoP comes out and you're able to cage the extras up.

As for cutting the list to 500 at MoP, I don't think I've seen that stated anywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
my heirloom got lost in the mail...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ok, so lets see if I understand this right. Travelers Tundra Mammoths are not transfering to other factions because they are "Class Specific" How is a mount that is the same on either faction "Class Specific" ? They both have the same types of people on them. They both look exactly the same. The only difference between them is the faction that can use the vendors ie: Horde for Horde, Alliance for Alliance, since this depends on who's mount it is faction wise. I can see and understand "Class Specific" mounts like Paladin mounts or Warlock mounts, but not a mount offered to both factions from a neutral vendor that "ANYONE" can buy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Is there a way to get the pets back from transferring between account it is not stated or I don't think it is when I changed that you lose pets. An since you are unable to cage them I think it's pretty unfair seeing that I lose over 130 pets some I will never be able to get back again
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/11/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Virdozerin
Is there a way to get the pets back from transferring between account it is not stated or I don't think it is when I changed that you lose pets. An since you are unable to cage them I think it's pretty unfair seeing that I lose over 130 pets some I will never be able to get back again

Once Mists and caging come in - you could cage and pass along the ones that is possible to do cross account.

Note, some that won't be possible. Those, you'd want to cage BEFORE you did the transfer to take with.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
09/11/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Icankill
Ok, so lets see if I understand this right. Travelers Tundra Mammoths are not transfering to other factions because they are "Class Specific" How is a mount that is the same on either faction "Class Specific" ? They both have the same types of people on them. They both look exactly the same. The only difference between them is the faction that can use the vendors ie: Horde for Horde, Alliance for Alliance, since this depends on who's mount it is faction wise. I can see and understand "Class Specific" mounts like Paladin mounts or Warlock mounts, but not a mount offered to both factions from a neutral vendor that "ANYONE" can buy.

Probably because the vendors make the difference, and are hard-coded into the mount at purchase, rather than checking to see which faction you are every time you mount up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
i have log on to my other players but i still dont have the hog on all my guys
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
where are my mounts
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
09/12/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Kearmer
i have log on to my other players but i still dont have the hog on all my guys

The hog is faction specific, you will not get it on your toons that are on the oposite faction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Yea wish this is posted in the whole details when you go to transfer from account to account because now I am out 130 pets which has taken me over 6 years of farming / buying / holiday stuff and some that are not even offered anymore......what a shame I really don't think I want to waste all that time again farming for them or the gold to buy ones I lost
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/13/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Virdozerin
Yea wish this is posted in the whole details when you go to transfer from account to account because now I am out 130 pets which has taken me over 6 years of farming / buying / holiday stuff and some that are not even offered anymore......what a shame I really don't think I want to waste all that time again farming for them or the gold to buy ones I lost

Actually, the pets were amended on the Character Transfer FAQ very soon after the patch came out.

What will not transfer with my character?

Your character’s quest log will be cleared completely.
Account-wide pets remain with the original Battle.net account.
Character friends and ignore lists will be reset.
User interface settings (macros, character-specific key bindings, etc...) will be reset.
Guild affiliation does not transfer (unless you perform a Guild Master Realm Transfer).

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-faq
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
This seems to be the thread to ask this question,so here it is.
Since i just got my mekgineer's chopper,but have been considering changing to horde again so i have high levels on both sides,knowing it'll convert on this toon,will my other ally toons still be able to use mek chopper,or do i need to make another?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This seems to be the thread to ask this question,so here it is.
Since i just got my mekgineer's chopper,but have been considering changing to horde again so i have high levels on both sides,knowing it'll convert on this toon,will my other ally toons still be able to use mek chopper,or do i need to make another?

By other toons, you mean the ones on your current faction? Yes.

Those don't translate anymore to the new faction - but should stay behind for your other characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]