Start your patch download!

90 Gnome Priest
The patch itself isn't that big and won't take long. The file optimization process that runs before the patch starts the download is a pain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/28/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Joynal
The patch itself isn't that big
Look who's talking.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
08/28/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Aakarshan
The patch itself isn't that big
Look who's talking.

if a gnome thinks its small, that means it's small.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Now now dont be hating on Gnomes i know they are not the best race to play and every race has its own... insults like Spacegoats for Dreanei but who cares what the person used to make the forum and in addition if EVERYONE hated gnomes and did not want to play them they wouldnt be a choice as a playable race Blizzard would of probably already changed the gnome into a different playable race
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Been stuck at 1% foreveerrrr. I think it's broken.

:<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Been stuck at 1% foreveerrrr. I think it's broken.

:<

Me too.

There's a thread in the support forums about it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413173538?page=1

The gist of it is that for some people it seems to just take a few hours to optimize and the first few percents go really really really slow.

-is at 2% after about an hour-
Edited by Sorya on 8/28/2012 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I warned you!!!

As for gnomes, the rest of you are just jealous. Admit it. So many players popping Potions of Illusion when I'm around just so they can look like me. I genuinely would love to lead a gnome pirate attack on Orgrimmar. Imagine dozen of little Joynals swarming the bank and AH...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This Update is taking forever How long does it have to take to extract files from the beta to the actual Game it shouldnt really be that difficult
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
What's holding you up isn't a file extraction. It's optimizing the existing 21GB of files on your computer before applying the patch data (removing files that will no longer be needed, reorganizing the file trees, that sort of thing). I have no idea what speeds up or slows down the process but I'm sure much of it will depend on your computer.

As Thel said, you have to be patient. You'll be stuck at 1-2% progress on the optimization then suddenly it will start to rapidly (in comparison) complete.

Once the optimization is complete, the patch download itself should only take a couple of minutes.

Realms still weren't up as of a few minutes ago so you're not missing anything. (edit: new log in message that realms won't be up until after 3pm PDT)

And don't forget to check Curse, WoWInterface or your favorite add-on site for updates! I'd recommend disabling them all at first, logging on a toon, then enabling them in slow batches in case one of them bugs your game out.
Edited by Joynal on 8/28/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just got home from class.. got things trudging along.. realms aren't up

I KNOW WHAT IM GONNA DO!!!

Im gonna take a nap!!!

WOOOOO Nap time!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Didnt mean the file extraction meant to get the servers up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]