Can't Add Companion To Your Account

4 Blood Elf Hunter
Can't Add Companion To Your Account.
You can't have any more pets.

Is there a cap on pets? I have a large number of duplicates but 124 pets (1 pet away from 125 achievement :( ). When I right click on Magic Lamp or a TOC pet It gives the above message.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
I am having the same issue, very frustrating. No one needs (or wants) ten duplicates of the same pet. Do we have to kill them off in battle or something to add more?
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Hunter
I noticed you can release them.... I'm waiting to see if any changes occur.

but I have a pet in inventory waiting for my 125th pet and can't learn it.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Hunter
500 is the limit, I was at 532. I wish the duplicates were like mounts singles I am scared I will accidentally delete one I want to keep lol.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I am currently at 608 pets and am getting same message. Yet on another character that has a total of 100 pets cant learn one either. My bf learned 3 this morning, just before restart..so im thinking the broke it with the restart :(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Going to correct myself. I went and released enough companions for my numbers to be below 500 and was then able to learn a new one!!! YAY!! its not broken!!!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I have the same problem. I have the same pet multiple characters and instead of being counted once per account, they are all counted individually per character. This has grossly inflated my pet list.

Bug or the logic used in the coding?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Come Sept 25th, you'll be able to cage your duplicate pets and re-sell them.

Normally, you'd only be able to have 3 of each pet and 500 max, but this one time can push you over that limit. You'll be able to deflate your numbers soon enough and learn new pets again.
Im having this issue with my Darkmoon Cub. And i dont have duplicates. Also I only have 138 unique and 149 total.

Btw.... Who the hell has 600+ pets. Ash Ketchum would be proud.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yomonica, I noticed you obtained a Pet Cage about 9 hours ago. Does this contain the Darkmoon Cub? And if so is it above level 14 (the highest level pet you currently own)? I ask as you cannot learn a pet if you do not already have a pet of equal or greater level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]