Error: Can't Add Companion To Your Account

(Locked)

90 Worgen Priest
My character bought Rustberg Gull from vendor in Tol Barad. When right-clicking the item in the bags, I see these error messages:
Can't Add Companion To Your Account
You can't have any more pets.

How can I add the companion?
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Until you can crate some up and move them around to bring you below the maximum number of companions... you can't.

Note that this won't happen until 9/25.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
100 Blood Elf Priest
Until you can crate some up and move them around to bring you below the maximum number of companions... you can't.

Note that this won't happen until 9/25.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
To add to this, if you have multiples of the same pet in your log, you can release some until you get below the 500 pet limit.
90 Worgen Priest
08/29/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Flatspriest
To add to this, if you have multiples of the same pet in your log, you can release some until you get below the 500 pet limit.

I'm at 645...
Another error message I saw on the first day, something like, cannot have any more of that type, I saw that message on over a dozen of my alts. Could I have lost some non-duplicate companions from that?
85 Worgen Hunter
08/29/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Remwolf
Could I have lost some non-duplicate companions from that?

I don't believe so. That was probably triggered from trying to add Unique companions to the list, such as the Netherwhelp.

As for the pet cap, it's at 500 total and the 3 of each type will eventually be enforced. Though you can't cage pets, you can abandon them by clicking Release. Note that you cannot Release your last copy of the pet, though it seems like you will be able to cage it once it comes out.
-- Pahanda -To add to this, if you have multiples of the same pet in your log, you can release some until you get below the 500 pet limit.

I ran into this issue the morning when trying to add the Pandaren Monk to my collection.

I am unable to release any duplicate pets from my companion list; the option is greyed out.
On a second account, I did get a message that the Pandaren Monk was added - chat yellow text; however, then I received the same message regarding too many pets. I looked in the companion pet inventory on my 2nd account and the monk doesn't show.

Guess I'll wait a couple weeks to grab the pet from the mail on the rest of my toons.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have 150 pets and only 1/3 of this type of pet and yet still receiving this error ...

any other options?
90 Night Elf Druid
im haveing the same thing happen to me! help!
90 Pandaren Priest
Have the same problem with pets I bought out of AH and I only have 83 pets total.
I am having the same error for a lvl 25 Terrible Turnip I just bought off of the AH. I only have 187 pets and none of them are duplicates.
90 Human Rogue
09/19/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Atalaanta
I am having the same error for a lvl 25 Terrible Turnip I just bought off of the AH.

You need to already have an equal or greater level pet to learn it.
Therefore, you will need to level one of your pets to 25 to learn it.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Also some you have to have rep to add to your collection! Look into that as well!
Support Forum Agent
Also some you have to have rep to add to your collection! Look into that as well!

Usually if a pet requires a specific reputation it is also to purchase, those pets are usually Bind on Pick Up.

If the pet is later caged though, learning the pet from the cage shouldn't have a reputation requirement as far as I am aware.

To avoid confusion, since the original cap for pets has been raised to 1000 with patch 5.4 I'm going to lock this thread.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]