Question About Blood Elf Priests

85 Blood Elf Priest
Where to they get their holy powers? I've searched for hours only to find very little actual lore on this and tons of speculation. Do/can they still take their powers from the Naa'ru fella? Or would they have to use like the actual light like the alliance races?

As of right now I am playing Lyn as somewhat of a zealot. He refuses the idea that the glowy snowflake was there under free will and he is pretty much just grasping at straws. Is this plausible or total and utter BS?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Where to they get their holy powers? I've searched for hours only to find very little actual lore on this and tons of speculation. Do/can they still take their powers from the Naa'ru fella? Or would they have to use like the actual light like the alliance races?

As of right now I am playing Lyn as somewhat of a zealot. He refuses the idea that the glowy snowflake was there under free will and he is pretty much just grasping at straws. Is this plausible or total and utter BS?

After the Naaru incident and the revitalization of the Sunwell, it could be possibly (if not probable) for them to get their power from the Sunwell which is now a combination of arcane and holy energy.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
As of now, the Sunwell. It was restored with the power of the Holy Light after we defeated Kil'Jaeden. Before, they got it from M'uru.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
After the Naaru incident and the revitalization of the Sunwell, it could be possibly (if not probable) for them to get their power from the Sunwell which is now a combination of arcane and holy energy.

08/24/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Kuulinian
As of now, the Sunwell. It was restored with the power of the Holy Light after we defeated Kil'Jaeden. Before, they got it from M'uru.

This. Trying to 'take' their powers(Like the Old Blood Knights did) would no longer work.

It's pretty much faith in the Light or nothing.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
they get their powers from the sunwell
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Do belf priest have no other choice but to draw from the Sunwell, or are they open to other options?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why would you want another option? Elves have drawn magic from Wells of Eternity since the first Well of Eternity. In fact, they don't even need to do anything. The magic just comes to them.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Vox
Taken directly from the BradyGames Battlechest Guide for World of Warcraft: the Burning Crusade (yes, I know it's old so the lore could have changed but here anyway)
"Paladin, Priest
Through trickery and magical enslavement, the Blood Elves have harnessed the power of the Light. Even the most holy magics of the Naaru are wielded by Elves determined to bring resurrection of their kingdom. While taken unwillingly, the powers wielded by these Elves is no less potent than the most devout follower of the Light."

So, essentially, they force the power of Light to bend to their will rather than training in its discipline.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/26/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Kuulinian
Why would you want another option? Elves have drawn magic from Wells of Eternity since the first Well of Eternity. In fact, they don't even need to do anything. The magic just comes to them.

I'm not saying I'd use this option, I just want to know if there are any other options.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not terribly sure how it'd mesh with the lore on Blood Elves, but I believe there were High Elven Priest units in WC3 Human campaign. WoWpedia has a bit on it's High Elf page that says that some High Elves took up the Holy Light, like Dwarves and the close-neighboring Humans.

http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elf#Faith

Because there were some HE Priests with Humans, I'd assume perhaps they picked up on Holy Light worship - Lordaeron WAS known as being one of the more spirtual Human kingdoms.

ANYWAY.
The point of me even mentioning any of this is because maybe given the recent past for High Elves -> Blood Elves, your's could have adopted a more "Holy Light" sort of approach.

The only issues I would see here would be figuring out exactly how it could work. I'm pretty sure after the whole Garithos incident, anything of Human-origin would leave a majorly bitter taste in any Blood Elf's mouth to say the least.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Warlock
Blood Elf Priests have drawn the power of the Light in a number of ways.

They first drew the power as High Elves in much the same way that Humans and Dwarves did... through Faith in the Light.

Unfortunately, that faith was shaken following the destruction of the Sunwell by the Scourge and many High Elf priests (now Blood Elves) were unable to draw forth this power because of their shaken faith. When their Prince granted them the gift of a captured Naru, many saw this as the chance to take the power of the Light... a process that would also lead to the creation of the Blood Knight Order.

Now that the Sunwell has been restored as a font of both Arcane and Holy magic, many Blood Elf Priests now choose to channel their holy powers from the Holy magic given by their connection to the Sunwell.

Of the three methods, only the second is no longer possible since the Naru they syphoned power from was ultimately used to reignite the Sunwell. Thus weither Blood Elf Priests draw forth their power from their faith in the Light or by channeling it through their connection to the Sunwell is a matter of choice for a given character. Neither way is more powerful than the other... though a given character might feel otherwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]