[A] <The Shadow Vault>: Ebon Blade Roleplay

100 Human Death Knight
The Shadow Vault is a true neutral, medium RP guild primarily for Death Knights who serve, or once served at the Ebon Blade base of the same name in Icecrown.

The guild also houses any living individuals interested in associating or allying with these Death Knights in some way, as well as various other undead characters (minions, etc).

We welcome any roleplayers who play death knights or living characters with any ties to the Ebon Blade or the Scourge.

Our goals (IC):

● To continue to purge Northrend and Lordaeron of the restless remnants of the Scourge and the Cult of the Damned.
● To provide support for returning Death Knights with the difficult process of reassimilation into civilized society, and for some of us, to monitor and deal with unstable death knights residing in areas populated by the living.
● To maintain diplomatic relations between the Knights of the Ebon Blade and the Alliance.

Note: These are just the official goals of the group, and they collectively serve as a front for our actions. Your character can have their own goals, or even insidious ones, so long as they keep those goals hidden.
All character alignments are welcome.

Our goals (OOC):

● To provide a friendly haven for experienced Death Knight roleplayers and Scourge fans, and help to repair the poor reputation held by Death Knight roleplay on the server in general.
● To function as a reliable 'Ebon Blade' presence for the server to refer to when they need contact with the faction.
● To create and foster roleplay on Wyrmrest Accord related to DKs, the Scourge, the Cult of the Damned, etc.
● To provide assistance for new and leveling Death Knights with questing, dungeons, and learning the class.
● To assemble 20 Death Knights and complete Blackrock Foundry (not really)

To repeat, this is not a class-restricted guild! We welcome any living characters who have an interest in associating with the Knights of the Ebon Blade: family, diplomats, researchers, historians-- any curious minds who can stand the smell. :)

Miscellaneous notes:

● This is not a military guild. (Our focus is character development).
● Cultists of the Damned and other enemies of the Blade are welcome as well. The guild houses a good number of characters that are not directly associated with the Blade, but with whom we may still roleplay often.
● The guild is an OOC construct, as we are not ICly a group called 'The Shadow Vault'. We simply represent some of the Knights of the Ebon Blade.
● Given that we're trying to maintain a positive reputation with our guild name, we're somewhat strict regarding characters and play being lore-abiding. We do not support the notions of death knight pregnancy, death knight copulation, death knights who somehow became alive again, death knights who make trouble in major cities, etc. (See website for more).
● We maintain a friendly, drama-free atmosphere and do not tolerate members who godmod, troll or harass anyone else on the server.

If you're interested, feel free to check out our website at http://theshadowvault.weebly.com/ for this information and more!

You can also whisper me in-game at any time with questions about the guild, lore, and bloodworm pie recipes. I don't bite! (Evelyne#1179)

Thank you very much for reading, and have a nice day.

... I mean, suffer well. ♥
Edited by Evelyne on 5/11/2015 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'll have to send you a message regarding that bloodworm pie recipe. I just can't get it right!

But in all seriousness, this guild is the best lore-abiding Death Knight guild I've ever seen. They take the time to fully research and play out their characters according to lore and quest lines Blizzard has provided during the WoTLK expansion. Not only are they lore savvy and creative, but they are a great bunch of people who are fun and friendly OOCly.

I wish you all the best and hope to RP with you in the future! You guys make me feel warm and fuzzy, despite that many of the Death Knights in there can't feel the same - Regardless, I send you all my love.

-Casius

PS. Evelyne does bite... and it hurts and festers over time. Don't be fooled! No, but seriously it was love at first bite.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Scarlet Bump of the Light!

<The Shadow Vault> is the real deal, ladies and gentlefolk. I look forward to seeing you guys around!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'll have to send you a message regarding that bloodworm pie recipe. I just can't get it right!

But in all seriousness, this guild is the best lore-abiding Death Knight guild I've ever seen. They take the time to fully research and play out their characters according to lore and quest lines Blizzard has provided during the WoTLK expansion. Not only are they lore savvy and creative, but they are a great bunch of people who are fun and friendly OOCly.

I wish you all the best and hope to RP with you in the future! You guys make me feel warm and fuzzy, despite that many of the Death Knights in there can't feel the same - Regardless, I send you all my love.

-Casius

PS. Evelyne does bite... and it hurts and festers over time. Don't be fooled! No, but seriously it was love at first bite.

Casius, you just appear out of nowhere and leave awesome in your wake. :) Thanks a ton you lovable Argent oaf. I guess I do bite. It was a little lie.

Scarlet Bump of the Light!

<The Shadow Vault> is the real deal, ladies and gentlefolk. I look forward to seeing you guys around!

Thanks Cae! I look forward to RPing with you as well. First feedback is from an Argent Crusader, and then a Scarlet Crusader, haha. :)

e:

I noticed we might sound too serious, so here's some proof that we can be real goofballs OOC: http://imgur.com/a/eHmvz (some screenshots credit to Tsali) (yes the glomp post was fake)

We love Scourge-related lore and want to see it respected by others, but other than that, it's a game and we enjoy it like one. If that sounds like you, you'll fit in no problem!
Edited by Evelyne on 8/24/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Casius looks at the thread, eyes it and then speaks in his heroic voice...

"Y U NO AT TOP!?!? SHAAAZZAAAAAMMMM!"

Casius does a round house kick to the thread and bumps it back up to the top.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Ba-bump, a sound my heart will never again make.

Level 25 now and we're always looking for more friends! :) Comrades! Brothers! Sisters! Minions!

... and captured Damned Cultists to shine our boots and stuff.

In all seriousness, I also wanted to note that we think the Cult of the Damned is awesome and we love trying to make room for those characters. Whisper me any time to discuss character ideas; I'd love to chat about it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You should really do a 25 DK Firelands at 90 for giggles. I'd love to watch that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bumped up on general principle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'd be interested in this. I'll add you and send some tells when I'm online next.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Poetic bump!

This morning, with a face turned pale from fright,
My gardener rushed in, "Sir, if I might!
"At work, just now, I stopped to take a breath,
And looked up from the roses. There stood Death.
"Startled, I quickly left the work I'd planned,
But saw full well the menace of his hand.
"Lend me a horse and I will make it run.
Before night falls I'll be in Ispahan!"
This afternoon (I'd long since watched him flee),
I chanced on Death beneath a cedar tree.
When he just stood there in his cloak of grey,
I asked about the threat he'd made that day.
He smiled, "It was not threat as he surmised.
I raised my hand because I was surprised,
"To find a man here working in the sun,
Whom I must fetch tonight in Ispahan."
- Pieter Nicolaas van Eyck (1926)

I challenge everyone reading this to post morbid jokes that would make death knights laugh, because I love morbid jokes, but I don't know of many. :(

Also: we're going to be starting a raid team for current content! It will be relaxed-pace, get-together-and-have-fun, nobody-gets-mad sort of stuff. If you think you'd be interested in joining the family for this, even if you don't roleplay, drop me a whisper anytime!

We also really want a Cult of the Damned presence for an upcoming plot! REALLY! The Cult of the Damned is awesome and you should make a character. Do it do it do it.
Edited by Evelyne on 11/13/2012 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
11/13/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Evelyne
I challenge everyone reading this to post morbid jokes that would make death knights laugh, because I love morbid jokes, but I don't know of many. :(

"If the coffin's rockin', dont' come a knoc--" Wait, maybe that's inappropriate.

If I thought I had time to properly play her, I'd put my DK here. Your guild looks so cool :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hmm. How about:

The masochist said "Hurt me". The sadist said "No".
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Hmm. How about:

The masochist said "Hurt me". The sadist said "No".

Hahaha, you got me!
Reply Quote
Sounds not-neutrally, I'm at least 60% sure the Ebon Blade is a neutral faction.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/28/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Murzush
Sounds not-neutrally, I'm at least 60% sure the Ebon Blade is a neutral faction.

? It is, and the guild is neutral.

E: Oh, d'you mean how our goals mention the Alliance? The guild is Alliance side, so all of our members would just incidentally happen to be trying to be on the good side of the Alliance (rather than the Horde). It could just as easily say "their races' respective factions", but by chaaaaance we unfortunately won't have any Horde races. It's more of an in-game limitation I guess. The guild, representing the Blade, could care less about the Ally v Horde stuff, but we'd rather keep our charters with both factions so that our people have somewhere to go. :( Hope that clears it up!
Edited by Evelyne on 11/28/2012 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I mostly mean the monitoring of the Forsaken. They are a Horde faction, and are already monitored by we Orcs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/28/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Murzush
I mostly mean the monitoring of the Forsaken. They are a Horde faction, and are already monitored by we Orcs.

Oh! That is in reference to this answer to Ask Creative Development, Round II:

Q: What is the Argent Crusade's relationship with the Forsaken, in light of Sylvanas's recent actions?
A: Although the members of the Argent Crusade still stand by the Forsaken heroes who joined them in the battle against the Scourge, Sylvanas's actions since the slaying of Arthas have deeply concerned the crusaders. They, along with certain members of the Ebon Blade, are now watching Sylvanas and the Forsaken very closely, as similarities between her and the Lich King are increasing in number by the day.
( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142 )

We don't really do anything related to it, but it's one of the few tails we have regarding what the Blade is up to these days, so I included it as an IC goal for completion's sake.
Edited by Evelyne on 11/28/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I wish things like this were represented in game.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Q: A Scarlet Onslaught paladin is flying on his gryphon about 75 feet off of the ground. By some idiotic accident, he's dismounted while flying over an empty valley. How long does it take him to reach the ground?

A: The rest of his life!

(This is a bump as we're always looking for new DK roleplayers and Scourge fans! PST me in game anytime. :) )
Edited by Evelyne on 1/5/2013 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Undead Warlock
I have been wanting to get into more blue side RP and I have an 86 Alliance DK that is almost never used. I'd love to contact you about this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]