CALLING ALL RAIDERS

90 Troll Rogue
There are many of you out there that love to raid, but were unable to experience all of the content . While there are many reasons why you failed, the main reason, for most ppl, is that you were unable to defeat the hardest boss of them all - THE ATTENDANCE BOSS. So many ppl think damage meters kill bosses, and while they certainly help, thats not the main ingredient. Attendance and the desire to be part of a team is what made our guild able to down all current heroic content and the Glory of the Dragon Soul Meta Achievement. Now granted we have 2 of the best healers on the server, but they would have been meaningless if the other 8 ppl didn't show up on time and ready to rock and roll.

This is what we expect from those that want to join our team and raid with us. <The Departed> is a guild of very solid and experienced players that raid on a casual schedule. Many of our core raided in vanilla, and everyone shares a primary goal of pushing end game content. We like a challenge, and many of us enjoyed 25 man raiding and want to pick this back up again in MOP. We are going to be THE horde side 25 man raiding guild in MOP, and just need a few star players to fill our roster.

If your guild is struggling just to stay alive and you are not happy, we want to talk to you. If you want a structured raiding environment with other like minded players that like competition, we want to talk to you. If you want to be able to log on and have tons of active players to do raids, pvp, farming, questing, old school stuff, compare homework - we want to talk to you. It is no big secret that there are WAY to many guilds on Laughing Skull. Why not merge into ours and be able to accomplish all the goals you have set out for yourself with like-minded Warcrafters.

Raid Schedule
2 days a week usually 9-12 server Wed/Thurs.

What Makes Our Guild Different
The three most common things people look at when searching for a guild are (1) current class openings, (2) progression, and (3) raid times. While those are all important, here are other things to consider that make our guild stand out.
Low Turnover. We have never lost a single person due to jumping ship to a more progressed guild. Ever. That’s because people here genuinely enjoy our raiding environment. There’s no annoying member that is nevertheless tolerated. Well except for Naveah.
Commitment to Scheduling. Sometimes you’ll see guilds advertise certain raid schedules only to find out they regularly raid past their posted time that’s eating into your sleep or other commitments. Our raids end on time.
No Bench. Every member of our raiding roster is a valuable part of the team, and we won’t invite someone to the guild just to be a backup in case one of our raiders can’t make it. Sometimes you’ll see a guild advertise an open spot and end up disappointed when you’re allowed in for just 1 or 2 bosses.
No Carries. When we say our players are solid, we don’t mean 9 out of 10 of them are. Our entire roster consists of some of the most reliable and experienced players you’ll find. Our healers Bormes and Camshaft can heal with anybody anywhere anytime. Our prot warr Blockadeii could easily do an instructional video on kiting bloods on H Spine - he has it down to perfection.
Personality. We take the game seriously, but with a laid-back attitude. Nobody yells, and everyone maintain a light-hearted attitude, even during progression. We don’t troll general chat or brag on the forums. Overall our members are mature and pleasent to be around. Well except for Naveah.

Expectations:
•Must play well with others. Because we are a guild of adults, it is important to us that everyone remembers we are all here to have fun. We have zero tolerance for drama or disrespect. We do not care how good your DPS is, or how amazing you think you are.
•Ability to meet our raid schedule. Because we do have limited raid time, and we are trying to push the endgame in that time, it is important that you have the ability to meet our raid schedule. Since we only raid 6 hrs a week, we expect perfect attendance.
•Know your class.
•Gear. We have always firmly believed that the player is more important than the gear they are wearing.
•Loyalty. The Departed is becoming a family. We have a high member retention rate, and when we recruit members it is important to us that they want to be a part of The Departed, which means enjoying the good and hanging in there through the bad. We have been up front and honest with you, and we expect the same courtesy in return.

I really hope you will take some time to consider us as your guild for MOP, and for the future. Please get a hold of myself in game, at financeboy@earthlink.net, or my skype is goldeycapitalbrian. Feel free to talk with any of our core raiders about our environment as well. You can look them up on wowprogress.com
COME JOIN US!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Terrific post. Sounds like you guys have a great attitude and focus more on having a good time than getting loot. If I could take my human horde-side I'd join ya!

Good luck with the recruitment.

Ever Classic,

~Spitwyld
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
SHROOOOOOOOMKINNNNNNNNN
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I cannot comment on the Void/Departed merger at this time sorry
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Another full clear 25 DS last nite with some pugs...still need a few solid healers to finish out our core and get some more heroics down before we dive into the welcoming arms of those wild and crazy Pandas...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
kap realy knows how to sell a pitch and that is why he is the man =D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Full clear 25 DS last night..had to carry some peeps but the whispers after the raid thanking me and my guildies for the experience makes it all worth while :)...whether you are old school - or new to raiding - and want a solid guild to progress with in MOP - THE DEPARTED is the guild for you...still need 2 or 3 more healers to complete our 25 man core...we are also starting to form up 5 man teams for leveling when MOP hits....GM's...if your guild is just not doing anything and not really ever going to go anywhere...please conisder merging with us...we are a grp of active, old school warcrafters focused on building the strongest guild possible....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It's more like absorbing a guild and then spitting out the baddies which happens to be all of them, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Whatever you want to call it...Guild merge guild absorption guild abandon...we think it is a smart move for many guilds out there...it is no secret that there are far too many guilds that are struggling to find members on LS...last night in org i counted 29 diff guilds....26 of those guilds didnt have more than 10 ppl on....this might be due to the coming expansion but still...thats crazy...there are several guilds with 4 or 5 reliable solid players...we are trying to figure out why those players are staying in those guilds instead of joining one with proven leadership, progression, and overall strength....they obviously aren't really "in charge" of anything in their guild, so taking a backseat in a strong, organzined guild is probably a better option if they want to enhance their playing experience....if you wanna be a GM just to say I am a GM - more pwer to you....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^ lol , what would u know about this game? i mean take a look at your toon, hahaha its hilarious!!!
Edited by Deora on 9/7/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
HAHAHA TERRRIBLE PLAYERS TALKING ABOUT TERRRRRIBLE THINGS.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
We have a few slots still open for HEALERS, as well as select dps slots. If you like the challenge of 25 man raids, and want to be a member of a solid guild focused on progression and fun, The Departed has a slot for you. We only raid 2 nights a week, and take those 2 nights very seriously. We expect perfect attendance, and we expect that you come ready to rock and roll. We will be using EPGP loot system, and are having our first guild per-MOP kick off meeting Tues 8 server. Please get a hold of me in game or my email/real-id at financeboy@earthlink.net. Come join us!!
Reply Quote
You're barely waking and I'm tangled up in you!

Doo doo doo doo!

Even your mom goes DOWN sometime! Even the stars refuse to shine!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am all that is friendship underneath the clothes.
Reply Quote
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saaaaaved.

See my heart I decorate it like a graaaaaaave!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]