openKJ - Live! Registration is now open!

90 Undead Priest
It's a rough draft in a pastebin that I specifically labeled as a work in progress. I used Emerald Dream's forum rules as a template and made a few changes. I posted the link and asked for opinions. That's it. Gotta start somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
More people need to be critical to insure this isn't a half-arsed job.

I think the first step is figuring out which forum we will use. You've mentioned phpBB several times now and I think that's a fine idea. What are your thoughts on that?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I have no issue with using phpBB.

I doubt there'd be any objections.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
You might wanna wait till people get unbanned to hear their opinions as well, before starting this project up.

Good luck man.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've made sure to post the link to this thread on the BoA, SWBRB and VI forums. Some of the people who have been banned are on board. This isn't something that we'll throw together within a week, so I expect anyone that is banned to have their chance to give us their opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You have a good point. A short and concise list of rules would be much better than an entire page.

My forum is just like that. A simple list of rules, which are really short and to the point. No double/triple posting, hide NSFW content in spoiler tags and don't be an idiot.
Edited by Aleous on 8/27/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It would be nice to talk about my favorite flavor of laffy taffy without it being censored. Mmm g**@%.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Very simple and straight forward, Aurora. It beats the huge list I was planning to use. That's for sure.

I agree with number 3 especially.

@Crazy - You can even talk about the word that's censored in the Underbelly section, if you wanted to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Kil'draeden
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like Bro'jaeden, because deep down we are all bros here right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Req
Nah sorry I don't like it.

A separate forum also has a lot of cons to it.

1. No quick and easily visible info on characters such as guild, character name, achievements, armory, etc.

2. Moderators will be inherently biased, we all know we dislike certain people here.

3. A break from new posters, there is no longer a central location where everyone gathers, so it will split up the KJ community even more imo.

4. Recruitment, events, and other things will be limited to only people who know about and post on the new forum, shutting out those still on this forum or new to this forum.

I suppose we could use both, but one will inherently be used more over the other.

this

If people weren't so sensitive (online at least) maybe this wouldn't have to come about. I used to be one of the qq people and used to ragehard, but i realized that this doesn't MEAN anything. The reality is that it's just a game online, and like some sites which i will not mention, if you take !@#$ seriously, you'll be %^-*ed psychologically. I eventually learned to stop giving a !@#$ about stuff that people say. Remember kids "sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you" (physically) so why bother wasting energy on useless words that later in life you will forget about?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What about my response to Glink's post? I brought up very valid points.

Check out the forums Illidan and Emerald Dream have. The organization a forum brings is one of the huge advantages here. Aurora already mentioned this a few pages back. No more trouble with threads being pushed down endlessly and constant bumping. Everything will be in their proper sections and finding a topic that interests you will be a very easy task.

Plus, we have the chance to talk about anything we want, without worrying about the consequences, like we do here. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy posting on this realm forum, but having a place for our community to extend its wide range of interests without the restrictions that Blizzard has given us is really exciting.
Reply Quote
I think this a great idea, I totally support this idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]