Still No Love For Blackberry Playbook?

90 Worgen Druid
I'm very disappointed there's still no support for blackberry playbook users in regard to the Mobile Armory App. Since February RIM has thrown in the towel and has allowed android apps to be ported to the Playbook, they even have a nifty tool to do it with: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/

Why hasn't blizzard done this? It will take minutes only for a developer to run the android files through the tool and presto, Playbook owners are no longer left in the dark.

I'd have purchased the app long ago if there had been Playbook support, and would adopt it in a flash now if they ported it over, and I'm sure there's many blackberry users out there that would love to have this available to them finally as well.

I realize the Playbook doesn't have the largest market, but the app is free now, the tool is free, and you wouldn't have to put any more resources into it beyond the few minutes it would take to repackage the android version of the app.

Please and thank you,
A loyal WoW Player
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
You want the Mobile Feedback forums, not CS
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ooops I didn't see that down there. Could a nice forum moderation move this to the appropriate location then?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/27/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Xsinthis
Ooops I didn't see that down there. Could a nice forum moderation move this to the appropriate location then?
Reported to try to get it redirected.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well it doesn't really matter where it ends up so long as it gets read I guess.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Doesn't the Playbook support Android applications?

If this is the case you should be able to "side-load" the Blizzard Authenticator provided the Android support is actually per specification it shouldn't case a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yes it does but you need access to the raw files to do it and I can't figure out how to get that, I don't have an android phone or anything so I can't get it from the store, and no one seems to have it online (probably because Blizzard would frown on them redistributing it even if it is free).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I was really let down, with the android support for playbook.

in the end, the playbook runs almost a virtual machine, of android on it.

You would think, that you could on this VM, just load the apps as normal, like you would on a VM running on a windows machine, etc.

Nope.. you have to convert the app to a special format to be able to load it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well the fact that we can sideload them at all is huge, the only issue is getting your hands on those pesky .apk files so you can convert them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bumpity bump?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Still no word on Playbook availability? Even an unsupported release would be appreciated
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
This has been noted and brought to our team's attention, but I cannot provide any speculation unfortunately.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/05/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Wilebosk
This has been noted and brought to our team's attention, but I cannot provide any speculation unfortunately.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I am also disappointed with Blizz's lack of support for blackberry products in general. 1), The mobile authenticator on the appworld only works if you have a dataplan and not over wifi (which all BB phones are capable of doing), and 2), The total lack of equivalent for the playbook, which IMO, is one of the best tablets on the market (one of the cheapest too, I got my 32gig playbook for under $150).

Right now the only option users have is what's called Sideloading, and both the Armory and Authenticator from the Android Appstore have been converted by loyal crackberry enthusiasts.

The Authenticator works like a charm, but the Armory crashes when you try to change characters/view 3-D models/check auctions.

If the people of the interwebs can get this working, why can't you Blizz?
Edited by Hannahlee on 10/27/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Any update on this app being ported to the playbook?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]