Question about the account wide achievements.

90 Human Paladin
In the little video the CS linked on twitter it showed that the mounts will be battle.net wide. As in if I have a mount on my second wow account it will also be available on my first wow account as long as both accounts are under the same battle.net account.

I'd like to be sure that I have that correct and am also wondering if the achievements will work in that manner as well. Aka an achieve on my second wow account will apply to my first wow account as long as they are under the same battle.net.

Am I understanding it correctly and is it applying to achievements as well as mounts?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Achievements, pets and mounts (note: a few are still character specific).

Same Battle.net - same region, the shared ones will be on combined lists.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
There's a discussion going that will answer your questions about achievements as well as mounts here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412213509#1
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Awesome Orlyia. I have the fishing derby achieve on my secondary account and its under the same battle.net as my primary. :D
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Orlyia, can you please elaborate why its bound by region? I mean if the lists are combined why cant they be combined across region?

Many collectors edition, promotion and blizzcon pets are shared across region, so there is a list that communicates between both. Also when I redeemed my SoR mount it gave me an option to send it to any account on the battle.net. Many players who have accounts in both regions have been asking if it was going to work across region for months, finally clarifying it 5 hours before the realms come up is very poor.

Can you tell us if this is something that will be done in the future? This was the only thing that was keeping my going in the game, so disappointing.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I honestly cannot answer those questions, Doughy.

Regions typically do not share anything because they don't communicate with each other.

This is something you'd want to advocate for in General, that is all in our developers hands I'm afraid. I know of no plans right now for this.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid

For real? This is news. Maybe blizzard should not have said they are account-wide achievement shares! So glad I did not purchase the US and EU versions of MoP yet. I am so done with WoW.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

For real? This is news. Maybe blizzard should not have said they are account-wide achievement shares! So glad I did not purchase the US and EU versions of MoP yet. I am so done with WoW.

Nothing else shares that way between regions, Taladon - I'm a little puzzled why anyone would think these would be any different. You can't transfer between regions, you can't even use another regions upgrade or time cards. At least at the moment, the regions are separate.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin

Nothing else shares that way between regions, Taladon - I'm a little puzzled why anyone would think these would be any different. You can't transfer between regions, you can't even use another regions upgrade or time cards. At least at the moment, the regions are separate.

As I have stated multiple times Orlyia, that is just not true. Players who create a second account in a different region, will find collectors edition, blizzcon and promotional pets in there mail box.

For all intensive purposes these pets were 'battle.net' account wide for years. Now until yesterday, it was an assumption yes, that the conversion to 'battle.net' account wide would work in the same way.

Its just very frustrating to not only be disappointed because there was no clarification earlier, but to also be told that it is physically impossible, when it actually does happen currently on a smaller scale.

Hell just to through it out there, I would even pay to have my EU and US lists combined in the same way.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Transfers have NEVER said they are "Account-Wide" But Blizzard decides to lie and call the achievements Account-wide when they are in fact NOT.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

As I have stated multiple times Orlyia, that is just not true. Players who create a second account in a different region, will find collectors edition, blizzcon and promotional pets in there mail box.

For all intensive purposes these pets were 'battle.net' account wide for years. Now until yesterday, it was an assumption yes, that the conversion to 'battle.net' account wide would work in the same way.

Its just very frustrating to not only be disappointed because there was no clarification earlier, but to also be told that it is physically impossible, when it actually does happen currently on a smaller scale.

Hell just to through it out there, I would even pay to have my EU and US lists combined in the same way.

I dont beleive that is correct.
I do know people who had CE on one account, and not CE on the other.. and the pet DID NOT carry over.. they had to install a CE on the other account to have it there.

The ONLY thing i could potentialy see work region wide, would be store bought pets. Since these are applied at the web page level, they could send a message to the EU and US servers to add the pets.

But with the other stuff, its communicating at a GAME level.. at GAME level, the two regions can not communicate.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
08/29/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Taladon
Transfers have NEVER said they are "Account-Wide" But Blizzard decides to lie and call the achievements Account-wide when they are in fact NOT.

What are you talking about, transfers are Battle.net account wide. Meaning that they can be done to any account that is under the same Battle.net account (provided they are going from like epansion or greater), as long as they are the same region. Please don't call others a liar when you don't know how things work yourself.

Again NOTHING has ever been shared across regions. They are completely different, they are not together at all. I'm not sure where people are getting this.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Then why say it will work under Battle.net when it in fact, doesn't?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I would be very surprised if collector's editions worked like that - I suspect they had a CE in each location.

Authenticators are about the only thing I know work just fine cross-region.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
08/29/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Taladon
Then why say it will work under Battle.net when it in fact, doesn't?

Because it DOES work under Battle.net. Please tell me when you have ever been able to use anything account wide across regions. You haven't why would Blizzard have to say that the account wide won't be across regions when it never has been before? Since the change would be something being available across regions that would be the only time they would need to state anything.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin

I dont beleive that is correct.
I do know people who had CE on one account, and not CE on the other.. and the pet DID NOT carry over.. they had to install a CE on the other account to have it there.

The ONLY thing i could potentialy see work region wide, would be store bought pets. Since these are applied at the web page level, they could send a message to the EU and US servers to add the pets.

But with the other stuff, its communicating at a GAME level.. at GAME level, the two regions can not communicate.

I can assure you it is correct. The SCII collectors edition , Authenticator, Battle.net (Mr.Chilly) and all Blizzcon pets are shared regardless of region. (well I can testify EU to US at least)

Now I hear what your saying about the game level not communicating. But the whole hype was that the features were being brought to the Battle.net level, where there is communication between both.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Why do you care so much Scuba?
Edited by Taladon on 8/29/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Why do you care so much?

Because you are causing confusion where there doesn't need to be any, this forum is for people to get help with in game issues and processes. We help people understand how things are supposed to work and where to get help if they aren't working correctly.

This is working as intended and explaining that is what this forum is for. Calling Blizzard a liar and trying to say that they some how mislead people is flat out wrong and needs to be corrected. There was NOTHING in the announcement that would lead anyone to thing that the status quo of cross regions was changing at all.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/29/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Taladon
Why do you care so much Scuba?

Because he's trying to help - on this primarily player to player assisted forum.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I can assure you it is correct. The SCII collectors edition , Authenticator, Battle.net (Mr.Chilly) and all Blizzcon pets are shared regardless of region. (well I can testify EU to US at least)

Now I hear what your saying about the game level not communicating. But the whole hype was that the features were being brought to the Battle.net level, where there is communication between both.

This surprises me, if correct. But other things don't - and never have, shared regions. Unless and until that changes the lists merges that came with Mists of Pandaria are region specific.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]