Battleground Blacklist Broken

(Locked)

85 Pandaren Warrior
Still broken as of 9/10. I swear, it actually increases the chance to get the BGs you blacklist - both times I've queued for BGs over the past couple of days, the first thing I get is WSG, even though that was the first thing I blacklisted. >_<
1 Human Priest
you people need to understand that this options is very hard to implement, it requires advanced skills in coding and a very complex algorithm, the program has to verify one by one the BGs you thumb down against the whole ENTIRE list of many many BGs the game offers, then if you have one thumbed down it has to prevent you from entering that BG and make you wait for the next one available, once again very very complex stuff, many programmers can't do this kind of stuff yet, it requires special training
87 Blood Elf Hunter
Having same problem. My internet isn't the best at the moment and it just cannot take Alterac Valley. I called blizzard support about it yesterday and they just told me to go to the threads.
90 Human Paladin
I hope they get the blacklisting to work. I don't want to do Isle for a long, long, time.
90 Undead Priest
Blacklist for random bg's still not working. Hope the maint fixes it!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/10/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Adgandian
you people need to understand that this options is very hard to implement, it requires advanced skills in coding and a very complex algorithm, the program has to verify one by one the BGs you thumb down against the whole ENTIRE list of many many BGs the game offers, then if you have one thumbed down it has to prevent you from entering that BG and make you wait for the next one available, once again very very complex stuff, many programmers can't do this kind of stuff yet, it requires special training

So why do we partake in the beta?
100 Undead Death Knight
after 5.1 I get Failed to Blacklist PVP Map" or a similar message whenever I try to blacklist a bg

please fix this
90 Tauren Paladin
08/28/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Feelagood
The battleground blacklist doesn't work. It still puts me into battlegrounds that I blacklist when I join the random queue.

Been that way since the Blacklist was implemented.

(Find BGs in order of prioirty needed)
While (Check all BGs in list found)
If (Not Black Listed, Players to join this BG aren't ignored by this player)
Chosen BG = this BG
EndWhile
If Chosen BG = null, check again in 5 seconds.

Easy.
Edited by Kurokire on 11/30/2012 5:58 PM PST
100 Undead Death Knight
In response to #68, no they fixed it and it was working fine til 5.1. At least for me.

In a more general response, it appears the last server restart had a hotfix and it seems to be working again. Woot.
91 Gnome Mage
Still broken. I seem, in fact, to get preferential treatment for the ones i blacklist. Blocked strand and isle last night, got strand and isle back to back.
90 Orc Death Knight
So we're not doing the whole fix it? A major mechanic of MOP still broken. Blacklist still not working, getting BGs I thumb down all the time.
90 Orc Mage
still broken. I'd !@#$ing love to be able to que for a random bg and not have to %^-*ign do isle or stupid strand of ancients. k thanks
90 Orc Hunter
ughh i hate isle and strand....
90 Human Mage
Just a note, BG Holiday overrides blacklist preferences.
90 Night Elf Druid
How is this feature still not working after 3-4 months?
85 Gnome Mage
Still Broken as of 1/17/2013. Way after mop came, way after patches, way after hotfixes. Can we get a blue post update on this please?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Bump.
90 Orc Hunter
If you see "Failed to Blacklist PVP Map" when you set the blacklist, IT WILL FAIL.

I wrote a quick addon that spits back the IDs of your blacklisted battlegrounds. It's rough but it gives you an idea of what values are set server side. I can try and upload to curse if it would help people out, but I have never published an addon before, so it would be a new experience for me. Again, I'm willing to do that if people need it bad enough...however I think the steps below should help some people:

Here's how I am able to get it to work without any mods:

Step 1. Log in, bring up PvP/BG window (if your BG blacklists are set, UN-CHECK them).
Step 2. Type /reload in your chat console (the game should do a reload UI)
Step 3. Set blacklists again (should not see any errors while setting the blacklists this time)
Step 4. If step 3 yielded no error, you should be good to queue.

Have not seen a blacklisted BG for weeks. Hope this helps.
Edited by Ehfkautoshot on 1/17/2013 8:17 AM PST
90 Goblin Priest
No reason to post on here cause nothing ever gets done. but seriously get this working.
90 Goblin Mage
01/17/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Ehfkautoshot
If you see "Failed to Blacklist PVP Map" when you set the blacklist, IT WILL FAIL.

This is still happening Blizzard. Got an AV today and no horde wants AV :P
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]