[Guardian] - MoP Tanking Guide (5.4)

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
How are bear tanks currently for heroic progression?

Fine for 10s. 25s require a lot of Stamina.

It really depends on what kind of gear this bear is in. You should be fine if it's mostly 522s, but if we're talking like lower than 510 you'll probably have issues.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sigh....he is 502. Our pallly dinged 90 2 weeks ago and we have killed both tortose and horridon on H with him. I suppose Pallys truly are a breed of their own for now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Sigh....he is 502. Our pallly dinged 90 2 weeks ago and we have killed both tortose and horridon on H with him. I suppose Pallys truly are a breed of their own for now.

Being that far behind is going to cause huge problems. I would recommend against it personally, unless you can funnel him some gear to bring him up a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In your opinion Arielle, could bears a little more raid utility?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
In your opinion Arielle, could bears a little more raid utility?

It'd be nice if Innervate and LotP weren't completely terrible, yeah.

You have to remember though that a ton of our HPS goes unreported via T&C, because the values aren't in the combat log. So it's not as bad as everyone keeps saying it is. But yeah, Innervate should actually be worth a spot on my bar, and LoTP should just....not be terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also, just an itch I'd liked scratched.

This is a rhetorical question but.

Why is DOC useless for Guardian druids?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

We receive no true benefit from it (Maybe CW, but I can not confirm).
And Frenzy Regen has no synergy with it either. If you are not Feral, don't even bother read DoC.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
04/30/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Rhiannora

We receive no true benefit from it (Maybe CW, but I can not confirm).
And Frenzy Regen has no synergy with it either. If you are not Feral, don't even bother read DoC.

Pretty much.

The healing bonus does apply to all of the T2 talents, but you will never get the DPS bonus from it, since we never hardcast a Healing Touch. Ever.

The healing bonus (obviously) doesn't work with Frenzied Regen. Because that would basically break PvP. And just be overpowered in general.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The healing bonus (obviously) doesn't work with Frenzied Regen. Because that would basically break PvP. And just be overpowered in general.

WTB some Overpowered-ness... tired of Paladins getting all the fame and glory lol.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
t15 guardian 4pc: worth considering?
Edited by Sprucewayne on 5/1/2013 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT

Of course it is. Why wouldn't you want it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/01/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Arielle

Of course it is. Why wouldn't you want it?

More of a concern of whether other pieces are better I guess. Trying to decide whether to push for tier tokens or to pass those to other raiders. 2pc is amazing and I will maintain it until next tier for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Hello there Arielle. I was wondering what your opinion on the new legendary meta gems is. Indomitable Primal Diamond or Capacitive Primal? Which one is best and why?

They're both good depending on what you need them for.

The "tank" meta averages out to ~7% TDR, but it won't consistently help you survive anything really dangerous. It will help with healer mana though.

DPS meta is bugged from what we can tell. Guardian is currently getting the Feral RPPM multiplier, so it's a lot better than it should be (~20% DPS increase instead of ~10%). But it's still really good.

Short answer: Get both.

More of a concern of whether other pieces are better I guess. Trying to decide whether to push for tier tokens or to pass those to other raiders. 2pc is amazing and I will maintain it until next tier for sure.

I'd let other people get tokens first after you have your 2pc. Just use coins on the two you don't have (and if you get the Guardian helm I will cut you).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was wondering if you would be willing to do an updated one of these? Stat wise mainly. I've been trying to decide with the new two set if I should reforge more dodge or not or if I should just keep all of my crit for rage. I've also been trying to figure out if the agi/cri meta,helm and leg enchant is best or not because I seem to be putting out alot of dps and as I'm the OT in my guild sometimes I pull off of my MT (Prot Warrior). On a side note, I clicked on your armory page and i see you're mainly doing crit as well but with you having better gear at 522 and myself at 515 with everything reforged into dodge I still have as much crit as you. My main question here is, is crit really better than dodge?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
is crit really better than dodge?

yes
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

I'd let other people get tokens first after you have your 2pc. Just use coins on the two you don't have (and if you get the Guardian helm I will cut you).

Crafted helm or Nonheroic Jinrohk helm better?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT

Ironically, Feral :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Arielle

Ironically, Feral :D

Just curious, not trying to troll u but why do u say that
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Just curious, not trying to troll u but why do u say that

The Feral helm has the best distribution of RPS stats of any offset piece when compared to the tier piece itself.

Of course if you're actually farming Ra-Den you go for the chest instead, but that's not an actual reality for most people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]