[Guardian] - MoP Tanking Guide (5.4)

90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
06/12/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Morphina
-glyph of innervate will be something I get

As a Guardian? When your Innervate does a total of 940 Mana, you're going to completely ignore it. Actually, you'll totally unbind Innervate.

-thank god for the change to dream of cenarius....I might use that in fights where a raid wide cool down from me isn't helpful.....like horridon, tortos, durumu, etc.
Yeah, I like the new DoC too. Needs tuning obviously but the potential is definitely there.

Soul of the forest might actually be worth trying now....granted we won't have a nice dps cd, but we may end up generating a whole lot more rage thru the whole fight which would be nice. Definitely gonna try it out.
It's slightly more Rage than Incarnation if you average it over time, assuming even 3 minute intervals (otherwise advantage Incarnation), but it's still a DPS loss which is no bueno.

Wish we got some more guardian specific glyphs or changes to the current useless ones
Stuff like that is still coming.
Edited by Arielle on 6/12/2013 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Haha yes!!!!! I love the tier 16 bonuses for guardian....these are some bonuses I can get behind and support....

Sooooooo much better than tier 15.

Now the question will be...if the hot for the 4 piece stacks multiple times as u can do SD multiple times with 8 sec. If so....then that's !@#$in legit. If not...then eh...not as excited.

While I like the t16 set bonuses (as at the time of writing this)...
If it stacks that would be overpowered.
-thank god for the change to dream of cenarius....I might use that in fights where a raid wide cool down from me isn't helpful.....like horridon, tortos, durumu, etc

NV might still remain ahead of this due to the scaling.
Soul of the forest might actually be worth trying now....granted we won't have a nice dps cd, but we may end up generating a whole lot more rage thru the whole fight which would be nice. Definitely gonna try it out.

But Incarnation isn't just a dps increase, its also "rage when you need it" CD.

Overall it may depend alot of new mechanics / changes they may or may not make. Too soon to really discuss things in depth, you know?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
not an "in depth" discussion. just discussing what I like from what I see and the possibilities.

and I've never really needed to use Incarnation as a "oh !@#$ need rage." Maybe ONCE, but usually I don't need to. Berserk is good enough for that anyways

and about the stacks, yea it probably would be OP...But I wouldn't mind being OP. Paladins been the OP ones long enough this expansion.
Edited by Morphina on 6/12/2013 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
and true about the innervate...i keep forgetting how low my mana actually is...so 10% is still terrible as !@#$
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Random question:

How does the haste rating modifier in Bear Form affect RPPM stuffs (meaning, would the procs scale with your base haste value or with the value modified by being a fluffy bear)? Mostly idle curiosity, I doubt RPPM scaling would actually impact stat priority (even legendary metas), but still an odd thought.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Tailias
How does the haste rating modifier in Bear Form affect RPPM stuffs (meaning, would the procs scale with your base haste value or with the value modified by being a fluffy bear)? Mostly idle curiosity, I doubt RPPM scaling would actually impact stat priority (even legendary metas), but still an odd thought.

It's after the haste mod from being a Bear, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Done any testing with new Soul of the Forest on PTR? Will incarnation still win?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have been playing super casual pretty much all of pandaria and I am thinking of getting back into raidiing possibly in 5.4 and really want to do 25 mans do you think Guardian druids can hack it in 25 mans? My heart is set on this but it would sadden me to reroll monk (which is prolly what I would do) so I can raid in a 25 man environment.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/09/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Sprucewayne
Done any testing with new Soul of the Forest on PTR? Will incarnation still win?

Math says they're pretty even now, except Incarnation obviously wins in burst scenarios.

07/09/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Primalpanda
I have been playing super casual pretty much all of pandaria and I am thinking of getting back into raidiing possibly in 5.4 and really want to do 25 mans do you think Guardian druids can hack it in 25 mans? My heart is set on this but it would sadden me to reroll monk (which is prolly what I would do) so I can raid in a 25 man environment.

I talked to you in-game last night :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
mmo-champion says +20% stamina for bearform next patch.. %###%%%%%
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DAMN...we are getting at Fat stam buff. I LIKES!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
And if it wasn't painfully obvious by now, pick Austere Primal Diamond for your meta (duh).

Quick question I've seen some bear tanks go for http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/76884 for the meta what are your thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/16/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Primalpanda
Quick question I've seen some bear tanks go for http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/76884 for the meta what are your thoughts?

Yeah, pretty much everyone takes the DPS meta.

FWIW this version of the guide hasn't been updated in a while because maintaining a guide across 3 different forum formats is extremely time consuming.

Most up-to-date one is here: http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=697
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
its funny, i was criticized for taking that meta originally...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just curious if it would be better to go with a H Scen weapon, Jalak's Maelstrom Staff, or Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector. Bear (hahah) in mind I would add the extra socket to the ToT or Sha weapon.

EDIT: Goa's would also have the +500 Agi
EDIT II: I could also make a Stormherald, Reborn
Edited by Genjii on 7/28/2013 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The Scenario weapon is what, 516? What are its stats?

Out of the ones above Stormherald would win, assuming you aren't going over cap or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Immaculate Pandaren Spear
...of the Galeburst (47.0% chance)
, +982 Hit , +982 Expertise
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Same deal as Stormherald. Assuming you don't lose a ton to being over cap, the Scenario weapon is better.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I just need to know what I need to stack as far as stats like how much dodge and crit vs mastery
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hit(7.5)/Exp(15) capped
Crit until you just cant possible stack it anymore.
Haste when Crit is already on the gear.
0 Mastery
0 dodge.
Edited by Rhiannora on 7/29/2013 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]