[Guardian] - MoP Tanking Guide (5.4)

Excellent work as always, Arielle; sticky requested.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
96 Night Elf Druid
08/29/2012 04:03 AMPosted by Reesi
Time to email forum support. ;P

I'm doing that now that some of the Blues are starting to wake up. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Glad to see you posting guides on the forums again. Sticky requested.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That was quick. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Holy smokes, you got the sticky all fixed up.

Kudos to you, and thank you to the good folks at Blizzard for doing it.

Maul deals 110% weapon damage. Costs 30 Rage. There is no reason you should ever use this unless you are not actively tanking something.

This. So this. Arielle provided feedback in his Beta analysis, and it holds true now. I will add my own vote to "People will be removing this from the action bar" thought.

I did wonder, will you update the guide later to include the exp and hit cap numbers? I ask because I have a feeling that it's a bigger deal as we level then a lot of people know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I did wonder, will you update the guide later to include the exp and hit cap numbers? I ask because I have a feeling that it's a bigger deal as we level then a lot of people know.

Well they are there, but in very reduced math form.

But yeah, I can make it more obvious.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well they are there, but in very reduced math form.

But yeah, I can make it more obvious.

Thank you. I did see the math there, but....

unlocked achievement [Bad at Math]

d'ohh.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
nice to tell us how the mechanics are but, want to know the change of mastery, isnt taht good or yes and agility is note the same plus i read that parry is the top mitigation stat in mop so, are we getting super nerf or what
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i read that parry is the top mitigation stat in mop

Um.... we don't and have never parried. I think I read it's getting buffed, but that's to keep other tanks on par with our dodge.

I wonder if others read that too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Awesome guide as always man thanks
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've found myself reforging into a lot of haste. And my survivability is still through the roof.

When a major patch such as this comes along that changes the fundamentals of our spec, I always like to tinker with everything, see what feels smooth and comfortable while being great for survivability.

Currently I've reforged into haste because most of my gear would only allow me to reforge to haste or dodge.

I choose haste because 75% dodge rating with SD I feel is well...OP right now. I feel as though just stacking more dodge is not going to cause as much of a difference.

Any thoughts on this? I'm MS healer but I like to tank and am our raids backup tank if a tank can't make it and we find a good healer.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
anybody try out the force of nature talent yet for Heroic DS ultrax or madness? :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've found myself reforging into a lot of haste. And my survivability is still through the roof.

When a major patch such as this comes along that changes the fundamentals of our spec, I always like to tinker with everything, see what feels smooth and comfortable while being great for survivability.

Currently I've reforged into haste because most of my gear would only allow me to reforge to haste or dodge.

I choose haste because 75% dodge rating with SD I feel is well...OP right now. I feel as though just stacking more dodge is not going to cause as much of a difference.

Any thoughts on this? I'm MS healer but I like to tank and am our raids backup tank if a tank can't make it and we find a good healer.

You are better off with mastery or crit.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Players like Arielle are why our forums are better than other classes.

/flexCollectiveAmazingness
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
finally yesterday i put mi hands on the game, just for a while lot of work T.T.. couple of H dungeon just respected all to mastery and left the agility gems do the dodge work seems fine to me, hit me hard a couple of times but nice renewal glinch, feel like a pally XD. The saturday is mi Heroic raid want to get a better point of view against WARLORD to see if the armor truely is what i espect
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Excellent guide. Thank you very much.

One thing I did notice is that the glyphy of grace is a reduction in fall damage in all forms. I didn't play beta so maybe it was changed.

Feline grace gave me my speed boost in bear form just by selecting it. It's kind of nice as I'm sitting on 1.24 speed with the boot enchants stacking.

Anyways, thanks for the guide.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/29/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Bearforceone
anybody try out the force of nature talent yet for Heroic DS ultrax or madness? :)

The treants cant taunt bosses so it makes them pretty useless if your trying to avoid boss abilities like impale or warmaster stacks
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Level 30 - Healing

Nature's Swiftness: Allows you to instantly cast a Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, or Rebirth in form with a 50% increased effect. 1 minute cooldown.
Renewal: Instantly heals you for 30% of your maximum health. 2 minute cooldown. Cenarion Ward: Places a buff on your target that triggers a HoT effect every 2 seconds for 6 seconds the next time they take damage. 30 second cooldown.

If you are the provider for a combat-resurrect then Nature's Swiftness is the obvious choice. Otherwise there's no real default winner. Take whatever you feel will best suit the encounter.

Wouldn't Renewal be the obvious winner since it's an instant heal every 2 mins for 30% health? this seems like a good way to help ease some healing stress and also an "oh !@#$" button. I'm not a theory crafter and by no means an expert so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.

Also, I noticed during cata I had to pay some attention to hit and exp not for dps but because without reforging some I was missing too much and not able to hold threat effectively on groups of mobs (bosses were no problem). With the changes to rage generation it seems to me this would once again be important because we don't want to risk misses and thus have rage issues.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Wouldn't Renewal be the obvious winner since it's an instant heal every 2 mins for 30% health? this seems like a good way to help ease some healing stress and also an "oh !@#$" button. I'm not a theory crafter and by no means an expert so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.

I think it can go either way. Right now I am rolling with Cenarion Ward. It heals for a pretty nice amount + frenzied Regen makes it quite nice.
As it stands right now we have enough O $%&! buttons with long CDs. I rather Cenarion Ward, it feels like something added to my rotation, every 30 sec, as opposed to a big heal every 2 mins.
More fun to my rotation, and I wouldnt be shocked if theorycrafters sat down and after doing the numbers found out that Cenarions Ward heals for more due to higher uptime. Infact it should.
Edited by Darknsmelly on 8/30/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

I think it can go either way. Right now I am rolling with Cenarion Ward. It heals for a pretty nice amount + frenzied Regen makes it quite nice.
As it stands right now we have enough O $%&! buttons with long CDs. I rather Cenarion Ward, it feels like something added to my rotation, every 30 sec, as opposed to a big heal every 2 mins.
More fun to my rotation, and I wouldnt be shocked if theorycrafters sat down and after doing the numbers found out that Cenarions Ward heals for more due to higher uptime. Infact it should.

I didn't even think about casting Cenarion Ward on myself, I just dismissed it as something that could only be cast on others. I'll definitely have to play around with both to see which I like (and which one my healer prefers).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]