Grizzly Hills Pvp Dailies

90 Goblin Hunter
Is this a Bug or did I miss something in the patch notes? If you are flaged for PvP, the "Accept" button on the dailies is greyed out. I have had to let the PvP timer expire, log out, log onto another toon, log back in & will only then be able to click on the "Accept" button for another daily quest. Lot of hassle just to do 4 dailies.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I have the exact same problem as Bubbahyde. Just so ya know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I am having the same problem. Even after the pvp timer has timed out I can't accept. I will try bubba's trick of logging out and logging back in but that is a rather pita for a handful of dailies.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Having the same problem as well
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I followed the procedure, and it worked. It seems to be only the quests that flag you for pvp that cause the issue. Also after completing them be sure to follow the process again of logging out and back between chars, otherwise you can't do any quests anywhere. they are all grayed out
Reply Quote
7 Dwarf Paladin
08/29/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Shadwynn
I followed the procedure, and it worked. It seems to be only the quests that flag you for pvp that cause the issue. Also after completing them be sure to follow the process again of logging out and back between chars, otherwise you can't do any quests anywhere. they are all grayed out

You don't need to complete them before re-logging. Just re-logging seems to fix the issue. And it's only the quests which pop the warning indicating that you're about to be PvP flagged and will remain so while the task is in your quest log.

The other quest which doesn't pop this warning but will flag you for PvP the moment you kill one of the opposing factions mob won't have this issue. I suspect the bug is with the warning dialog.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
This also happens at Blackriver Brawl on the Horde side between Conquest Hold & Amberpine Lodge. I'm assuming this is because Horde gets flagged for PvP on this quest while alliance does not get flagged for some reason?!?
Reply Quote
7 Dwarf Paladin
Did a quick experiment tonight.
Clicked on the Accept option for a quest that will auto-flag you for PvP, but at the warning dialog (the one that tells you, you will be flagged for PvP as long as the quest is in the quest log), I decline so the quest isn't accepted.

Once that's done, I'm unable to accept any other quests. All the Accept button is grey-ed out. This definately looks like it's triggered by the warning dialog (or something related to the warning dialog).

Logging "fixes" this but it does make accepting multiple auto-PvP flagging quests annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Thumpp is correct. Also, once you are flagged for PvP, the boxes are greyed out even on the non flagging quests in Grizzly Hills dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Apparently this is in more than just Grizzly Hills. Left there today & went back to Orgrimmar. Tried to pick up the cooking daily quest while still on the 5 minute PvP timer & that "Accept" quest box was greyed out as well.
Reply Quote
7 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah, I forgot to add. It has nothing to do with the zone nor any specific quest nor do you actually need to be flagged for PvP (as I said, cancelling the quest will still bug you as long as the dialog was shown).

The task I was experimenting with was actually an auto-PvP flagging one from Icecrown and I was never flagged for PvP since I cancelled.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Mage
I am having the same problem on this toon,<Pve server but once I log on to my other toon on Black Rock, Pvp server and he can do all of them so I don"t know whats going on.

And this goes for wintergrasp weekly's as well.
Edited by Pôôner on 8/30/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any response on this? Had this same issue today when trying to do the Grizzly Hills pvp dailies (hordeside.)
Reply Quote
Just had the same problem on the Alliance side.

I NEED those honor points! Ha ha.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Relog.
/reload
/run QuestFrameAcceptButton:Enable()
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21530-LetMeAccept.html

Take your pick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/29/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Thummpp
This definately looks like it's triggered by the warning dialog (or something related to the warning dialog).

It's really weird. The below code is for the "CONFIRM_ACCEPT_PVP_QUEST" popup dialog (lines 372 to 378 of StaticPopup.lua):

OnShow = function()
QuestFrameAcceptButton:Disable();
QuestFrameDeclineButton:Disable();
end,
OnHide = function()
QuestFrameDeclineButton:Enable();
end,

Which indicates both the accept and decline buttons on the quest frame are disabled when that dialog is shown, but only the disable one is re-enabled when it goes away. This seems like it would cause the issue we are having. The weird part: this is the exact same code going back to at least Patch 3.2. :-\
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]