The Mighty Holy Nova

85 Blood Elf Priest
Bump so someone notices it and hopefully brings it back :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I miss Holy Nova for the simple reason that now I have nothing to use to kill the critters around me. I used to go for runs through the tunnels in EPL, spamming Holy Nova like crazy. working on the critter Guild Achievement. Now except for Mind Sear, I have no AoE at all. Which is both sad and incredibly stupid.

And yes, I know I could just get the glyph temporarily...but why on earth should I have to do that? I agree with everyone else who says it's insulting we have to get a former baseline spell back by wasting a glyph slot on it. I'm extremely unhappy with this expansion already, and things like that are exactly the reason why.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
GIVE US HOLY NOVA BACK GDI :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
MAKE IT A MINOR GLYPH.....MAKE IT DO 5 DMG AND NO HEALING......JUST GIVE IT BACK GDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
RAGE,RAGE,RAGE,RAGE AND MORE RAGE. QQ
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yes, even more than mana burn the spells I miss the most are Mind Control, Holy Nova, and mind sear in disc. Also extremely brutal to lose mind spike. Not having shadow spells to get locked out by "fake casting" is really very depressing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I was wrong about mind sear, sorry
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Wait, I just have a question. Unless I am mistaken and this is a Shadow only thing (I think I noticed the effect on beta), but doesn't SW: Pain do up front damage now for all specs of Priest? So technically you could try to SW: P people capping rather than using Smite and getting locked out as someone suggested. And it's instant :)

But yeah. I miss the confetti explosion :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I didn't think I was going to miss it until earlier when I decided to run the new and improved Scholomance & Scarlet Monastery. I missed being able to just run and spam Holy Nova with priestly joy - instead I had to rely on Mind Sear which seemed to be killing things in an unbelievably slow pace (especially for the mobs being so far under me in level). I hate to think I'm going to have to switch out the glyph every time I decide to enter a BG or go kill some stuff in a low level dungeon. It is as someone earlier mentioned - it should be baseline, it's not a huge spell, it's not a spell you are going to use in raiding really and I would be happy if they removed the healing component of it and just gave it back to us.

So far, I've been very happy with all the changes disc priests have received with the exception of the loss of Holy Nova. Rest in piece old friend - we loved you well. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
GIVE US HOLY NOVA BACK!!!!! THIS GLYPH IS STUPID!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wait, I just have a question. Unless I am mistaken and this is a Shadow only thing (I think I noticed the effect on beta), but doesn't SW: Pain do up front damage now for all specs of Priest? So technically you could try to SW: P people capping rather than using Smite and getting locked out as someone suggested. And it's instant :)

But yeah. I miss the confetti explosion :(

The problem is that SW: P is not aoe so multiple players trying to cap would be difficult to work around, and it won't work on players in stealth. Mind sear requires a visible target, but it is aoe. Holy Nova truly is the best tool for this (plus destroying tons of low level ads in PVE)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm starting to think that I'll drop the penance glyph in order to use Holy Nova once again.

EDIT: Just noticed the range is still a lackluster 10 yards for this glyph... could we at least get a bump on the range if we have to glyph it? Look how amazing Arcane Explosion looks!
Edited by Medíc on 8/31/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm really missing holy nova. It was a spell I used often (almost daily) when I was farming low level stuff or even duo'ing things like KT in Naxx with my hubby. It was awesome to kill all the skellies in the first phase. I've found myself saying multiple times "Something is just missing from my tools". Please, please put it back as baseline or make it a minor glyph!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Please give back Holy Nova... pleaasse. For me? <3

Holy Nova is an incredibly useful skill -- hunting stealthies, guarding flags, and spammable between cooldowns in pvp... and coming out of Cataclysm pve, with its mass of bloods, elementals, and faceless ones. Why would you take this away from us?

Yes, we can glyph for it, but it would be nice to already have our skills, and save the few remaining glyph slots for actual skill enhancements.Just my thought.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am very unhappy about holy nova being made into a glyph only spell. This is one of my favorite spells as a priest. I used it daily. Not for raiding or dungeons, but for farming, questing, pvp, running around org being sparkly...I LOVE this spell. PLEASE do not force us to glyph for it. Taking away mana burn was bad enough, but I can handle that. I can't handle not having Holy Nova. I found myself searching for it on my action bars at least a dozen times since this patch. I miss it, and I don't believe I should be forced to use a glyph spot to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
08/31/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Miserable
I am very unhappy about holy nova being made into a glyph only spell. This is one of my favorite spells as a priest. I used it daily. Not for raiding or dungeons, but for farming, questing, pvp, running around org being sparkly...I LOVE this spell. PLEASE do not force us to glyph for it. Taking away mana burn was bad enough, but I can handle that. I can't handle not having Holy Nova. I found myself searching for it on my action bars at least a dozen times since this patch. I miss it, and I don't believe I should be forced to use a glyph spot to use it.

I agree with you SO much!

I was so disappointed to hear the spell was gone but then heard it was a glyph so I was happy (YAY!) but then I saw it was a Major so now I am forced to pick, I wish they just kept it in the base spells, I LOVED using it.

Yeah it wasn't super helpful to heal but it was fun to use in dungeons or critter killing or just spamming it for the sparkle. :(

I too found myself looking for it on my bar. I hope they bring it back OR at least make it a Minor glyph.

Blizz, BRING IT BACK. PLEASE :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I walked up to a hunter in camo today and pressed my holy nova bind to knock him out of it.

Nothing happened.

Then I got scatter trapped.
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Priest
Please, please, please, bring Holy Nova back! It's my favourite priest spell :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Bring this skill back please!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Posting...again for JUSTICE :D

BRING BACK HOLY NOVA!
BRING BACK HOLY NOVA!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]