The Mighty Holy Nova

89 Worgen Priest
It would be nice to have this move back. In the mean time I'm using Psyfiend to keep people off my flag. It's workin... okay I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Holy Nova, my dear friend, how I miss you. I had always wished that you would do more damage and healing, but I loved you just the way you were. Baby come back!

I understand that our level 90 talent choices are all damage/healing AoE spells, but those spells are at a high mana cost (compared to Holy Nova's 2%) and/or they come with a CD (15 sec, 25 sec, and 40 sec) - I'm going to start calling Mists of Pandaria the Cool Down expansion -_-

On top of not being able to knock enemies out of stealth unless you have someone with you to run around while you Mind Sear...which, most people just stand there like !@#$%. Currently, I find that Mind Sear is not producing enough damage to consistently keep enemies off the cap. I was never capped on while I had Holy Nova, but I have been capped on several times this week with Mind Sear.
Mind Sear - Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the target, causing 152 to 163 (+ 15% of SpellPower) Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards around the target.
Holy Nova - Causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing 307 to 356 (+ 14.3% of SpellPower) Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards
Edited by Kuraena on 9/3/2012 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
There have been some thoughtful replies here but the real issue is balance - and other classes have a right to have cool abilities that actually work. Holy Nova was something you could use to pretty much destroy rogue stealth and hunter snake traps - and there is an argument that those things should work for those classes. I think the game is more interesting now, personally, because when you run up to a flag you actually have to think about what classes are there and how to react to that, the same as in arena. It's added tactics to the bgs where before "tactics" meant little more than having the right number of healers and sticking together as a group, like a big amoeba of death.

Is anyone having trouble winning in bgs with the new talents???

My experience is I am even more dominant than I was before. And the bgs seem more interesting from a tactics perspective because they've made the classes more distinct. Previously there really wasn't a whole lot of difference in mechanics. Now there is, and that's good.

And Nova is still there - you can have Nova. But now you have to sacrifice something to get it. But a new expansion means finding new ways of doing things. And I welcome the challenge. So far it's been fun.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
09/03/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Archahn
Holy Nova was something you could use to pretty much destroy rogue stealth and hunter snake traps - and there is an argument that those things should work for those classes.

Holy Nova and every other area effect. I play a hunter, and all snake trap is good for is that distraction... focus on the ankle biters, burn mana to get rid of them, give me half a second more muahahaha... and stuff.

Blizzard deemed we should have preassembled characters, based on the most commonly used aspects of the old system... should have kept Holy Nova.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Excellent point. With fan of knives, arcane explosion, holy concentration, and at least another 1/2 dozen AOE spells, the snake trap argument can be discredited quite easily.
Reply Quote
On the whole, I've been impressed with the changes. My druid is fun to play. My paladin is fun to play. My death knights are fun to play.

But my priests feel so alien to me. I'm getting used to it, but losing Holy Nova is huge to me. I rounded up a bunch of mobs and had to sit there thinking for a moment while they pounded on me, how the heck do I kill these now? How does a priest under level 74 even AoE now?

I wouldn't mind spending a minor glyph on it, but I really think it should be baseline.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Blizzards excuse for not being the best healer has always been that we are the "jack of all trades" healing class. Our diversity makes up for not being the best healer (with 2 healing trees).
They're taking a lot of the uniqueness away...therefore, they need to compensate us accordingly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Put the animation of Holy nova into Circle of healing done :P. Honestly i think blizz making it a glyph is them saying 'hey, u don't use this anymore so we are going to throw it out soon."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Holy nova was great as a disc preist in cata, I had it glyphed for .5 sec global reduction and it was like the HoT us priests always deserved. Got me out of quite a few tight spots. Hit for 3-10k plus 1k shield from divine aegis.

I would like it back. And for the love of cupcakes, give us mind control or mana burn back plz.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
I don't think mana burn will ever see the light of day again, seeing as all classes have fixed mana pools and all other mana draining abilities have been axed.
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Priest
I don't really see how priests having it caused any balance issues and with the homogenization of classes it seems priests are getting left behind. We're now not just the only class with no interrupt, but one of two classes with no spammable AoE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holy Nova will soon go the way of Mana Burn and Mind Soothe (which also proved useful while leveling).

I miss mind soothe.

I actually have to kill things while doing my dailies now.

QQ
Edited by Vanarela on 9/7/2012 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't pvp anymore and I still miss this spell, but it would be a loss to my group or raid for me to use a glyph to get it.

They've simplified classes (perhaps to make room for the lvl 90 stuff), removing the fun stuff.

They just... made the game less fun.
Edited by Evale on 9/8/2012 3:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Remove fun.

Blizzard Quota.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I just really miss this spell. I remember working so hard to get it. It just makes me feel a little robbed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
nerf the pvp priest .. thanks Blizzard ... too many changes on the negative side to keep rolling with the punches .. played the toon for 5 years ... blah .. was hoping something great would happen to the class and bring me back to the game .. broken priest is broken.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Saw a priest using this glyph in a BG today.... really made me miss it. /cry
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
My only self reliable AoE, gone
/sadface
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I really do feel that Holy Nova should be a minor glyph or baseline because it's not on par with major glyphs. We can get away with it now that it's not PVP season, but I can't see many justifying it's use over other glyphs for serious PVP.

I feel strongly that it won't help our dps or heals in any way so it won't be unbalanced to give to us.

I miss it...
-when standing at a base and worrying about stealthies
-when blocking a flag cap
-when enjoying low level PVE with tons of enemies to kill (like undead in Escape from Dunholde)
-when I want to look sparkly in Org
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I support this thread. Make holy nova baseline.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]